09-14-09 04:01 PM
73 123
tools
    It's actually more expensive then before. If I remember correctly, it was like $20 for the Vcast but it included unlimited data usage.
    You are correct. The old plan was $15 unlimited. I just got it on Friday before the new rates went in effect so I will be "grandfathered" in (according to the guy at the Verizon store). The new rates are horrible. The guy at the verizon store told me that every page you look at is 1/2mb. It wont take long to go over. He signed me up before the new rates went in effect and even commented on how much the new rates are a rip off. $19.99 for only 75mb, you would be better off with the $30. BB plan.
    Last edited by brihvac; 09-08-09 at 06:00 PM.
    09-08-09 05:53 PM
    The guy at the verizon store told me that every page you look at is 1/2mb.
    Not anywhere close - the average mobile page is probably closer to 75kb on your first visit, with static elements cached for subsequent visits.

Since feature phones all run through a proxy with data compression algorithms applied, it should be even less

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 06:25 PM
    Not anywhere close - the average mobile page is probably closer to 75kb on your first visit, with static elements cached for subsequent visits.

Since feature phones all run through a proxy with data compression algorithms applied, it should be even less

I quess that just goes to show you how much the Verizon employees in the store know
    09-08-09 06:41 PM
    I quess that just goes to show you how much the Verizon employees in the store know
    Heh - they aren't hired for bandwidth or networking knowledge.

Just ran a check of this site in mobile mode. Pulled 25 pages, 34kb. Now, I did that using network analysis off a computer, but that was without a proxy & running a full browser. Mobile would probably be lower, but I didn't want to wait for the information to track.

Some folks get concerned about the progress indicators that sometimes appear - those indicate the amount of data being downloaded into the browser, but doesn't say from where - much is from cache. Some is new data, of course, but it doesn't take a lot to show you an additional 50 words or so from your last visit.
    09-08-09 08:17 PM
    Verizon is all about a buck.....that will never change...

Every company is all about a buck. If they weren't they would not be in business long.
    09-08-09 08:33 PM
    Every company is all about a buck. If they weren't they would not be in business long.
    Exactly. The way some people talk its like they think VZ should run a wireless network just for the fun of it
    09-08-09 10:29 PM
    AT&T is all about a buck.
    Sprint is all about a buck.
    T-Mobile is all about a buck.
    Walmart is all about a buck.
    Your cable company is all about a buck.
    FAO Schwartz is all about a buck.

Take away their buck & they either stop doing business or become a charity. Sorry, but I give to charity - I don't do business with a charity.

I can stand in line at a soup kitchen or I can eat at Ruth's Chris. If you prefer the charity route to a good steak, there is something very wrong with you.

09-09-09 08:48 AM
    I don't know what the problem is here. These plans that are like 25mb or 75mb are obviously not for a heavy user, because a heavy user should have a BB or other smartphone.
    09-09-09 08:55 AM
    Hey....no problems here with VZ. I have used them for 6 years and they ROCK! we started with the smartphone (MOTO Q9m) and then my hubby went to the blackberry 8330. I figured it out WAY before he did and I traded in my dino-phone for a 8330 and there is nothing like it. we have teens and pre-teens and they can eat the mess out of some data so hey if i have to pay extra and not have my kids fuss at me cause I am fussing at them, by all means bill me baby!!!!! LOVE, LOVE,LOVE VZ
    09-09-09 09:38 AM
    Hey....no problems here with VZ. I have used them for 6 years and they ROCK! we started with the smartphone (MOTO Q9m) and then my hubby went to the blackberry 8330. I figured it out WAY before he did and I traded in my dino-phone for a 8330 and there is nothing like it. we have teens and pre-teens and they can eat the mess out of some data so hey if i have to pay extra and not have my kids fuss at me cause I am fussing at them, by all means bill me baby!!!!! LOVE, LOVE,LOVE VZ
    can i send my bill ur way too ?
    09-09-09 10:51 AM
    A trained monkey knows more than the average corporate verizon associate, I do work at an authorized retailer, and I dread whenever I have to call anyone from corp, its just the nature of business these days, companies have gotten so big and churn is so great on the employee end they really cant guarantee people will know stuff because they dont hang out long enough to answer real questions like these lol

EDIT: I'm not saying they are ALL unintelligent but a lot of this business is self learning and research, most employees on the whole DO NOT get annoyed by not knowing things aand sure as **** arent going to google something just to know the answer for just in case instances, I know many of the VZW reps on here know things I do not, but those are the gems not the sum of the whole
    Last edited by Xanadul; 09-10-09 at 09:43 AM.
    09-10-09 09:31 AM
    Verizon is all about a buck.....that will never change...

LMAO. Great addition.
    09-10-09 09:35 AM

This is very interesting. Thanks for this tidbit. Will be passing it on to my employees.
    09-10-09 09:38 AM
    A trained monkey knows more than the average corporate verizon associate, I do work at an authorized retailer, and I dread whenever I have to call anyone from corp, its just the nature of business these days, companies have gotten so big and churn is so great on the employee end they really cant guarantee people will know stuff because they dont hang out long enough to answer real questions like these lol
    Not intentially contributing to tearing down corp employees...But you have a valid point. I have found that the majority of (full time) sales associates that find the diamond in the ruff good indirect company for VZW have more of a passion for the industry hence craving more knowledge on the CDMA netowork, products and service knowledge.
    09-10-09 09:41 AM
    Not intentially contributing to tearing down corp employees...But you have a valid point. I have found that the majority of (full time) sales associates that find the diamond in the ruff good indirect company for VZW have more of a passion for the industry hence craving more knowledge on the CDMA netowork, products and service knowledge.
    I would also like to say, I dont hate the corp employees, and if you have ever been in one and seen how busy it gets there, I would have to say I might not be so passionate about it if I was in a environment that would seem so drive killing
    09-10-09 09:54 AM
    I would also like to say, I dont hate the corp employees, and if you have ever been in one and seen how busy it gets there, I would have to say I might not be so passionate about it if I was in a environment that would seem so drive killing
    Yea, heh. Thats true. There really is no time for both customer service and quotas. Definitely the latter being primarily expected by subordinates.
    09-10-09 09:10 PM
    What are you talking about. That 20$ plan is not compatible with a BB...
    Good gosh man. The OP was complaining that OTHER VZW phones can get data for $19.99 for 75mb but BB users have to pay $30. I pointed out that with the BB plan you get unlimited data and push e-mail. If you need further clarification let me know. I can drop my post reading level to 5th grade if necessary so you can understand.
    09-11-09 10:56 AM
    Good gosh man. The OP was complaining that OTHER VZW phones can get data for $19.99 for 75mb but BB users have to pay $30. I pointed out that with the BB plan you get unlimited data and push e-mail. If you need further clarification let me know. I can drop my post reading level to 5th grade if necessary so you can understand.
    Sorry I'm new here thanks for bein an *******
    09-11-09 12:03 PM
    Sorry I'm new here thanks for bein an *******
    lmao. And that concludes this thread XD
    09-12-09 04:06 PM
    I love how indirects think that they're so knowledgeable...

09-14-09 01:14 AM
    Some are & some aren't.

The same can be said for corp people.

However, I will agree that the indirects tend to be more passionate & pay closer attention to the industry as a whole.

09-14-09 01:54 AM
    I know a lot of corp and indirects and the majorit of indirects are lacking in knowledge...

09-14-09 01:58 AM
    Thats what a Verizon rep told me.
    09-14-09 02:32 AM
    I know a lot of corp and indirects and the majorit of indirects are lacking in knowledge...
    I think it really depends on the area of the business. Around here, the indirects are far & away better than the corp stores - and I have yet to go into one where they couldn't explain how to work a smartphone they were selling.

Yet when I call a carrier - any carrier, mind you - I've had answers all over the place, especially in the realm of smartphones.

There are good & bad on both sides, just like there are good & bad in Boise.

09-14-09 02:38 AM
    I think it really depends on the area of the business. Around here, the indirects are far & away better than the corp stores - and I have yet to go into one where they couldn't explain how to work a smartphone they were selling.

Yet when I call a carrier - any carrier, mind you - I've had answers all over the place, especially in the realm of smartphones.

There are good & bad on both sides, just like there are good & bad in Boise.

The answers you get over the phone are another topic altogether, and its not just a cell carrier thing.

09-14-09 02:51 AM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD