08-03-09 04:37 PM
106 1234 ...
tools
    So if I wanted a plain cheese pizza I could do it over text. Wow that would be great. Can I have the tip billed to my Verizon account as well? I don't like to carry cash. Ha ha ha. Awesome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 11:36 PM
    Congrats on having that much free time on your hands to make such a long posting from your phone!
    You really didn't read the post, did you?
    And no, folks - I probably won't stick around to debate these points - I present them as issues as I know them. Something of a hit & run post, as there are better balanced sites out there & I have a few personal friends reading/participating who are more than able to comment on their own. And I did not type this all out on my BlackBerry, no matter what the tagline says. You just have to love copy/paste from a laptop file.
    I know this was posted elsewhere. Same author, different site. BTW, what's the deal if it was done on a BB over pizza? I am writing a book between computer and BB. I could dupe the size of that whole post in probably 10 to 15 min tops.

Great job on the post, but most people here know CB would NEVER sticky a Dad post.

What I really want to know is will the pizza still be hot after overnight delivery?

05-06-09 12:45 AM
    HEEEEEEE'S BAAAAAAAAAA-ACK

Dayumn; what took u so long.....
    05-06-09 10:54 AM
    You had me at "yes". Bravo!
    05-06-09 11:29 AM
    HEEEEEEE'S BAAAAAAAAAA-ACK

Dayumn; what took u so long.....
    I don't think so. He said it was a hit and run post, and that he wasn't sticking around.
    05-06-09 11:41 AM
    So, uh, the Niagra comes out today then?

JK....

one long a s s post man!

all i have to say is "zanax"!

EDIT: For fun, I put this post in Word and did a word count. 1,993! lol. about 12,000 characters!

And to think, I hated when i'd get a 500 word composition as punishment when i was 10! lol.
    Last edited by berryfit; 05-06-09 at 11:53 AM.
    05-06-09 11:49 AM
    Dad,

Nice post. I hope this means you are back and will continue to be a part of the community.
    05-06-09 11:59 AM
    Great post... i read this site almost daily, but hardly ever feel the need to post, but this post deserves to be posted all over the internet!!!
    05-06-09 12:23 PM
    I don't think so. He said it was a hit and run post, and that he wasn't sticking around.
    He will post more; and with the knowledge he drops for the average consumer
    which equips us to make better choices.
    In his case infrequent posts/threads. Some is better than none......
    05-06-09 12:37 PM
    So, uh, the Niagra comes out today then?
    No he said it comes out tomorrow. I think he meant it in a rhetorical manner. Something like New Mexico. NM is officially the Land or Enchantment but those of us in the general area know it as the Land of Manana (Tomorrow). Need something done? Do it tomorrow. Want to get something? Go to the store tomorrow. Have to start a diet? Tomorrow. Prob is that tomorrow never really comes because by the time tomorrow gets here it is then today and we have to start all over again. Manana.

Is it just me or is 90% of what Dad says is common sense? He says it and when I strip away my human hard head and think about it, it makes perfect sense and my original thought might not. The remaining 10% is experience or inside knowledge and a lot of it is stuff that can be checked by anyone looking to verify what he says. I know some of what he says alludes to things not in the public arena or not yet released (you should see some of the phones. Sheesh!) but I don't remember anything too far out. Just good common sense stuff with no punches pulled.

05-06-09 01:29 PM
    That was very well stated.
    If this must be a hit and run post, so be it, but I hope you consider posting again; I for one enjoy the depth and perspective you bring to this site.
    05-06-09 02:11 PM
    That was the best post I have ever read!

05-06-09 02:21 PM
    No he said it comes out tomorrow. I think he meant it in a rhetorical manner. Something like New Mexico. NM is officially the Land or Enchantment but those of us in the general area know it as the Land of Manana (Tomorrow). Need something done? Do it tomorrow. Want to get something? Go to the store tomorrow. Have to start a diet? Tomorrow. Prob is that tomorrow never really comes because by the time tomorrow gets here it is then today and we have to start all over again. Manana.

Is it just me or is 90% of what Dad says is common sense? He says it and when I strip away my human hard head and think about it, it makes perfect sense and my original thought might not. The remaining 10% is experience or inside knowledge and a lot of it is stuff that can be checked by anyone looking to verify what he says. I know some of what he says alludes to things not in the public arena or not yet released (you should see some of the phones. Sheesh!) but I don't remember anything too far out. Just good common sense stuff with no punches pulled.

dude, read my short post. It said JK..just kidding..
    05-06-09 02:24 PM
    Great post... i read this site almost daily, but hardly ever feel the need to post, but this post deserves to be posted all over the internet!!!
    WRONG! No Copies. Good etiquette says you should post links to the original, and only when it is appropriiate!
    05-06-09 02:28 PM
    *golf clap* All excellent points. Sticky this.
    05-06-09 02:32 PM
    dude, read my short post. It said JK..just kidding..
    Hey! I knew that. Hence the smilies! .

05-06-09 02:52 PM
    ...that's some good info
    Last edited by chrisy520; 05-06-09 at 03:16 PM. Reason: language
    05-06-09 03:11 PM
    WRONG! No Copies. Good etiquette says you should post links to the original, and only when it is appropriiate!
    I did not mean I would be just that this should be required reading by any person thinking of getting an advanced device.

05-06-09 03:43 PM
    Yes, you heard me correctly. Tomorrow marks the day we will be seeing new BBs including the Pearl Flip and Niagara/Tour. The Storm2 will be coming soon, as will an all new iPhone, renamed vPhone to sidestep the exclusive deal with AT&T. .........

I think you spoke this very well and I agree with you..

sometimes its just better to listen then to speak
    05-06-09 04:17 PM
    You really didn't read the post, did you?
    I read most of it... but when I realized he wasn't really saying anything that the average person doesnt already know, I stopped. I dont see what the fuss is about. So someone posted what everyone should already know. Congratulations. You're a genius!

This is the main reason I dont post more in the Verizon section. One or two people pretend to be god and pretend to know everything. I mean damn, I ask a billing question a couple days ago and some know-it-all accuses me of being way overdue on my bill. Because clearly I just felt like going online and asking a question that I already knew the answer to just because I needed the attention.

If people would be a little more helpful and quit thinking that everyone else is below them, then perhaps the site would be more "balanced" and a lot more informative.

You guys and gals have fun kissing azz now!
    05-06-09 04:35 PM
    New VZW BBs & Open GPS Tomorrow! Yes, you heard me correctly.
    Damn! You had me all excited until I actually started reading! My first thought when I saw the subject line is that your posts are always reliable and realistic, so I figured if you were telling us this news it must somehow be true!
    05-06-09 04:51 PM
    I read most of it... but when I realized he wasn't really saying anything that the average person doesnt already know, I stopped. I dont see what the fuss is about. So someone posted what everyone should already know. Congratulations. You're a genius!

This is the main reason I dont post more in the Verizon section. One or two people pretend to be god and pretend to know everything. I mean damn, I ask a billing question a couple days ago and some know-it-all accuses me of being way overdue on my bill. Because clearly I just felt like going online and asking a question that I already knew the answer to just because I needed the attention.

If people would be a little more helpful and quit thinking that everyone else is below them, then perhaps the site would be more "balanced" and a lot more informative.

You guys and gals have fun kissing azz now!
    With your apparent mastery of the written word, I can see why you get treated the way you do. I mean, if EVERYONE seems to be looking down upon you, might it be your demeanor that needs adjusting?

05-06-09 06:00 PM
    And I left out your obvious talent for employing tact and decorum.

05-06-09 07:21 PM
    Thanks Dad.... made it worth the once a month visit to CB I do...
    05-06-09 09:40 PM
    WOW
    Prob. The most well written post I've seen on these forums. Kevin should give this person a regular blog column. Seriously. Unfortunately the whiners won't have the patience to read a post that long.

05-06-09 10:11 PM
106 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD