As of yesterday, a new update has become available through the wireless upgrade software. Soooo...... fire up your wireless updater, and get the new stuff.
    06-01-09 01:15 PM
    You cant be serious??
    06-01-09 01:22 PM
    I swear, I'm downloading it right now. My acct mgr said that the update would be pushed to handsets in stages (By region)
    06-01-09 01:25 PM
    lol...thanks for the update.

You need to read before you post though There are a TON of posts about this already.
    06-01-09 01:27 PM
    Sorry bout that.
    06-01-09 01:29 PM
    We appreciate your attempt to keep us informed, it probably comes from a good place, but yesterday these forums were lit up with info, opinions and concerns about the update.

You will probably get flamed pretty hard, so be prepared. Dont take it personally.
    06-01-09 01:31 PM
    It is all good. The flaming doesn't bother me. I dont mind being the "mikey" kinda guy that runs in screaming that the redcoats are coming after the town has been burned down.
    06-01-09 01:45 PM
    WoW! You must have been using .75
    06-01-09 01:53 PM
    the OTA updater is saying that .75 is the latest available. What gives? I am unable to find the link to DL the new OS upgrade. Anyone have the link?
    06-01-09 01:56 PM
    I've got mine downloaded and have used it quite a bit since. I see an overall improvement in the phones functionality.
    06-01-09 02:09 PM
    the OTA updater is saying that .75 is the latest available. What gives? I am unable to find the link to DL the new OS upgrade. Anyone have the link?
    You have to go to Blackberry.com using Internet Explorer and update from the web site.
    06-01-09 02:57 PM
    yes unfortunately a lot of us have already upgraded

we get the info pretty quick around here so you should keep coming back
    06-01-09 05:55 PM
    Here is the list of some of the fixes.

Symptoms Resolved:

Device Performance

Enhancements to prevent intermittent resets under various circumstances.
    Enhancement to prevent a rare occurrence where the device may not have displayed a notification when an SMS text message was received.
    Enhancements to the speed of the display rotation when viewing contacts.

Usability

Enhancement to add the option for a full QWERTY keypad in portrait mode.
    Enhancements to ensure the keyboard displays correctly.
    Enhancement to ensure that foreign languages can be added to the device.
    Enhancements to ensure that audio volume is consistent across all applications as well as phone calls.
    Enhancements to add a Phone icon in the Applications folder.
    Enhancements to remove the Call Log icon from the Home Screen (The Call Log can be accessed from the Phone icon).
    Enhancement in the browser and search applications where a "Go" button was added next to the address and search fields respectively.
    Enhancement to the East Asia language pack to include full language support for English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish, as well as rendering support for Indonesian Bahasa, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.
    Enhancement to add Arabic language support.

Voice

Enhancements to ensure that the Incoming Call screen displays when user is in any application.
    Enhancement to prevent an intermittent issue where if the device was set to vibrate and a call was received from a contact with a custom ringtone assigned, the device played the custom ringtone instead of vibrating.

Multimedia

Enhancements to improve the speed of loading a picture.
    Enhancements to ensure that video content plays correctly when receiving links to streaming video content in an SMS message.
    Enhancements to prevent rare occurrences where the camera application would randomly start on its own.
    Enhancements to prevent rare occurrences where the camera application would remain active after it was closed by the user.
    Enhancement to prevent an issue where intermittently, when taking a picture, the screen would briefly appear white before displaying the picture.
    Enhancements in the speed to begin playback of MP3 files.
    Enhancement to prevent a rare occurrence where the device may have reset when attempting to record a video in MMS mode as an attachment to an MMS message.
    Enhancement to prevent an intermittent issue where pictures taken and sent in landscape mode would display in portrait mode.

Bluetooth

Enhancement to the volume control.
    06-01-09 06:43 PM
    The availbility to upgrade through the DM will be avail on June 5th or 6th
    06-01-09 06:51 PM
    Cool i can update my wifes storm.
    06-01-09 08:42 PM
    As of yesterday, a new update has become available through the wireless upgrade software. Soooo...... fire up your wireless updater, and get the new stuff.
    Hey guys, the civil war is over. They say general Lee surrendered, I don't know if you heard?
    06-01-09 08:47 PM
    Cool i can update my wifes storm.
    Yes you can. Watch for the update to appear on the device. You will see update icon appear and do it right on the phone. This update is being pushed out in groups over the next fee days
    06-01-09 08:47 PM
    wrong it was available on the 31st of May, Try checking to see if you have the newest version of DM. DM was the actual first way to obtain the new OS.
    06-01-09 08:49 PM
    wrong it was available on the 31st of May, Try checking to see if you have the newest version of DM. DM was the actual first way to obtain the new OS.
    AH! once again misread of internal documentation. Thank you for pointing this out. I did just checked the VZW site to get updates for BB devices and the release date shows today.

BlackBerry Device Software v4.7 (updated 6/1/2009) - from the site
    06-01-09 09:04 PM
    Yep. No Prob.

I installed via DM on the 31st around 3:15 PST.
    I already had 4.7 DM though, I noticed some people who didn't have that version were having some issues.
    06-01-09 09:53 PM
    Yep. No Prob.

I already had 4.7 DM though, I noticed some people who didn't have that version were having some issues.
    Agreed for the storm 4.7 is must this is the DM that was designed with the Storm. Kinda like some folks upgrading Curves and Pearls with 4.7 are having issues and should go back to 4.6.
    06-01-09 09:59 PM
    Thats wuzup!
    06-02-09 11:58 AM
    On yur. Bb storm go to advance option and click on wireless upgrade and u should be able to upgrade from there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 02:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD