05-17-14 09:31 AM
36 12
tools
    How can you go through so many devices within one year?

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10.
    It was a part of Treadstone...
    04-27-14 09:07 PM
    Does this same BB World problem occur on Verizon official OS with no SIM on wifi? This is a really crazy issue to run into on so many newly bought phones. All Verizon Q10s at that.
    04-27-14 09:30 PM
    Does this same BB World problem occur on Verizon official OS with no SIM on wifi? This is a really crazy issue to run into on so many newly bought phones. All Verizon Q10s at that.
    I tried without a SIM and wifi only and still had the issue. It seems like the Verizon updated Q10's missed something with BB World. An update can be forced through using the BlackBerry World Recovery Tool on Windows computers (not on Macs), but I had to stumble onto that myself. BlackBerry didn't know what to do (and neither did Verizon). A friend (of a friend) picked up an international version last week (no carrier affiliation) and it did not have the issue. I can only assume that this is a major Verizon related bug.
    04-28-14 12:04 AM
    I tried without a SIM and wifi only and still had the issue. It seems like the Verizon updated Q10's missed something with BB World. An update can be forced through using the BlackBerry World Recovery Tool on Windows computers (not on Macs), but I had to stumble onto that myself. BlackBerry didn't know what to do (and neither did Verizon). A friend (of a friend) picked up an international version last week (no carrier affiliation) and it did not have the issue. I can only assume that this is a major Verizon related bug.
    No, the issue in this case is that you reached the device limit thus far causing BlackBerry World to go crazy, I would say yours is very rare case since most people won't go through that many devices in that short period of time.

I had BlackBerry World ask me to update like yours does in the video and after the update all went smoothly.

I think you said you contacted BlackBerry and they said they will reset for you, am I right?
    04-28-14 01:23 AM
    No, the issue in this case is that you reached the device limit thus far causing BlackBerry World to go crazy, I would say yours is very rare case since most people won't go through that many devices in that short period of time.

I had BlackBerry World ask me to update like yours does in the video and after the update all went smoothly.

I think you said you contacted BlackBerry and they said they will reset for you, am I right?
    The initial issue was that BB World wouldn't update on it's own (a Verizon issue). It had nothing to do with me reaching the device limit. It had to be manually updated with BB World Recovery Tool (on Windows only). Once that was done, BB World opened normally, but I was then hit with the device limit issue.

A friend (of a friend) with a recently bought international Q10 (with no carrier affiliation) didn't have the issue. After an arduous series of calls with BlackBerry, they finally cleared out their servers and I'm able to use BB World again. It's been interesting...
    04-28-14 01:30 AM
    Apparently all new Verizon Q10's with the new 10.2.1 update preinstalled have "broken" BlackBerry Worlds. They will not function and there's no solution for a fix. I bought two Verizon Q10's this week (April 21) and both have the problem. Several friends also bought them this week and all have the problem. Here's a YouTube demonstration.

So what's the deal? Is there a resolution. Was it your phone, your issue, etc. Is it really every new Verizon Q10, about to get another one but your posts seem to jump from one issue to another? If I have used my BlackBerry ID 10 times than I should be cool right?

Posted with my Z30 on Verizon from Philly
    05-09-14 11:43 AM
    Apparently all new Verizon Q10's with the new 10.2.1 update preinstalled have "broken" BlackBerry Worlds. They will not function and there's no solution for a fix. I bought two Verizon Q10's this week (April 21) and both have the problem. Several friends also bought them this week and all have the problem. Here's a YouTube demonstration.

Received my new Verizon Q10 from FedEx today. It's a White Q10 and was shipped with OS 10.1 but as soon as the battery was popped in, the 10.2.1 update began immediately. After the update completed I attempted to open BlackBerry World and the need to update error the first time. I selected upgrade and it closed. I clicked on BlackBerry World again and it opened up just fine the second time. I was then able to download and/or upgrade all apps associated with BBID no problem at all.

Hammered out with my Shiny New Q10 from Philly
    05-13-14 10:08 PM
    Received my new Verizon Q10 from FedEx today. It's a White Q10 and was shipped with OS 10.1 but as soon as the battery was popped in, the 10.2.1 update began immediately. After the update completed I attempted to open BlackBerry World and the need to update error the first time. I selected upgrade and it closed. I clicked on BlackBerry World again and it opened up just fine the second time. I was then able to download and/or upgrade all apps associated with BBID no problem at all.

Hammered out with my Shiny New Q10 from Philly
    Awesome. I think it's because 10.1 was initially installed, although I got ANOTHER Verizon Q10 (black) with 10.2.1 preinstalled, but when I got the update prompt it was able to properly update itself on its own. So it looks like the problem might finally be solved on their end.
    05-13-14 11:04 PM
    So what's the deal? Is there a resolution. Was it your phone, your issue, etc. Is it really every new Verizon Q10, about to get another one but your posts seem to jump from one issue to another? If I have used my BlackBerry ID 10 times than I should be cool right?

Posted with my Z30 on Verizon from Philly
    If you haven't used your BB ID more than 10 times within a full year, than you should be ok (I think).
    05-13-14 11:11 PM
    BlackBerry Nation Unite.

Let's Hustle these carriers to give us what we want.

10.3 on Time.

If we wait to let them know: they wait.

Looper Back with Corleone Offer for BB10 TrackPad
    05-14-14 08:52 AM
    I'm on AT&T and having the same issue with my new Q10 & BlackBerry World. I commend the OP for his patience in finding a solution.
    I don't have his patience, desire to wipe & reload the OS, or a Windows computer.
    I shouldn't have to run around & go through an obstacle course looking for one to get basic functionality that I already paid for. I thought the "get you moving" tag line meant going forward, not in circles.
    As much as I LOVE BB, with all the available options, it's more time & cost effective to send this phone back & get something that just works.

P.S. BB ID limit..really. C'mon BlackBerry
    05-17-14 09:31 AM
36 12