02-15-11 11:13 AM
174 ... 567
tools
    FYI -- They definitely are checking to see if you were emailed the promo. I was advised that they did not show me on their "campaign" list for that and that I was to forward my email to her so she could put me on the program..
    I wouldn't be frowning - sounds like you're going to get it just not immediately.
    11-19-10 03:16 AM
    I am very appreciative of VZW, they have been good to me. >>>snip<<< I have seen a lot of people here act like Verizon owes them something, because they pay their bill every month. I am not one of these people. I figured it was worth a shot to save some money, but I was not entitled to it, so I am not mad I didn't get it.
    I can't complain about VZW customer svc. I do think their pricing is high but that's not a customer svc type issue such as the topic of this thread. I haven't called to try to get the promo but I hope to do that later today. I don't think they owe me anything because I pay my bill on time every month, but I don't think it's right that only some people are offered this special promo. Pricing should be the same for all customers. It's not right that they're "playing favorites." If you go to a store to buy something it costs the same for you as it does for me. Your electric company charges you the same as it charges me (if we had the same elec co). It's called being fair to all customers and this type of thing is not fair especially if someone calls to request it and are denied just because they didn't get an email announcing it.
    11-19-10 03:29 AM
    What is the second 12% feature discount for? I ask because mine shows up like this:

Promotion details
    15% ACCESS DISCOUNT
    12% - FEATURE DISCOUNT
    TALK & TEXT PLUS DATA $20 DISC
    I have no clue. I am not sure if it was like that before I changed to the promo plan or not. I just checked my last bill, and I only get one 12% discount on date.
    11-19-10 02:44 PM
    After reading and re-reading the copy of the email that was posted somewhere here, this is for smartphones only. Hubby doesn't use nor want a smartphone so this deal didn't work for us. However, I did call VZW and changed our plan to the new 1400min tier plans and it's going to save me about $25-$30 a month. I'm a happier customer now.
    11-24-10 02:07 AM
    The 12% features discount applies to your data plan
    11-24-10 09:32 AM
    I just got my first bill with the new discount. I didn't think that my feature 20 % discount would apply with the $20 discount from the new plan. BUT, it does. So my data for the primary line is 4 bucks! Sweet!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-10 11:15 AM
    After reading and re-reading the copy of the email that was posted somewhere here, this is for smartphones only.
    That is not true. When I first went on this promo, 3 out of the 5 phones on my plan where dumb phones. They had unlimited data, and was able to use it, until I replaced the phones with smartphones.
    11-25-10 09:13 AM
    Thanks, I'll have to look for that email cuz I thru my copy away. By now it's prolly to late though
    11-25-10 10:22 AM
    im actually a little disappointed with the new line up of plans. Im still on the old 900min w/bb data included in the plan. Got a great suprise when I called this week to investigate switching because of a price error on their site. Apparently this plan has BES as well as BIS all included in the price.

In order to switch to one of the other plans id have to pay through the nose to add the features i got now back into the plan. Even with my goverment discount, it's still cheaper to remain on this old plan.

Ive been with VZW for going on 3 years now, and ive poured tons of money into them, im a little disappointed they cant/wont/unwilling to do better plans. the rep i spoke to tried her hardest to get me to switch off my plan because it's "old, no longer supported, and i'd get a better deal with the new plans". when i asked her to pull up every feature i have now, and build the new plans, it came out to be 35$ more.

i will give her an a for effort on getting me to switch, but having BES included already IN the plan and not having to bolt it on, is a big reason why im staying on this plan. and besides, i rarely use more than 500 mins anyways cuz of F&F.
    11-27-10 04:13 AM
    im actually a little disappointed with the new line up of plans. Im still on the old 900min w/bb data included in the plan. Got a great suprise when I called this week to investigate switching because of a price error on their site. Apparently this plan has BES as well as BIS all included in the price.

In order to switch to one of the other plans id have to pay through the nose to add the features i got now back into the plan. Even with my goverment discount, it's still cheaper to remain on this old plan.

Ive been with VZW for going on 3 years now, and ive poured tons of money into them, im a little disappointed they cant/wont/unwilling to do better plans. the rep i spoke to tried her hardest to get me to switch off my plan because it's "old, no longer supported, and i'd get a better deal with the new plans". when i asked her to pull up every feature i have now, and build the new plans, it came out to be 35$ more.

i will give her an a for effort on getting me to switch, but having BES included already IN the plan and not having to bolt it on, is a big reason why im staying on this plan. and besides, i rarely use more than 500 mins anyways cuz of F&F.
    Do you need BES access? Because the Nationwide Email plans offered the price plan with data included and that also included corporate access. If you don't need it, you're really not missing out on any features.
    11-27-10 11:08 AM
    Do you need BES access? Because the Nationwide Email plans offered the price plan with data included and that also included corporate access. If you don't need it, you're really not missing out on any features.
    Yes actually I do. I'm moving my email from BIS to BES but will still need to maintain BIS access. I just got off the horn with VZcs and found out i got screwed I cant bill to my account since i did an assumption of liability on a line that was already in my name. So i either a) pay full price for the device, b) 2 yr contract (outta the question) c) 1yr contract(which i wanted to do anyways), d) go to store, pay the price, wait for rebate, e) order online, get the largest discount, and wait forever for the phone to show up.

it was nice of vzw to warn me that if i did the assumption of liabilty that i wont be able to bill to my account, i woulda upgraded before i did that. on the plus side, i wont have to change my calling plan if i sign a contract, so im pretty bout that
    11-27-10 12:21 PM
    e) order online, get the largest discount, and wait forever for the phone to show up.
    VZW uses FedEx - and on-line buyers are getting free overnight shipping, so you would not be waiting "forever".
    11-27-10 12:32 PM
    and they dont tell you they have to allow "processing" time.. which.. could be up to 5 days according to vzwCS.. so even so, it could be up to 9 days (including a weekend, 5 processing days, weekend, ships monday, arrive tuesday)

at least they use fedex.. my fedex guy drops stuff off super early in the day.. like 830am early
    11-27-10 12:34 PM
    and they dont tell you they have to allow "processing" time.. which.. could be up to 5 days according to vzwCS.. so even so, it could be up to 9 days (including a weekend, 5 processing days, weekend, ships monday, arrive tuesday)

at least they use fedex.. my fedex guy drops stuff off super early in the day.. like 830am early
    I have never had to wait that long. I by 100% of my phones on line, order on Monday by 4pm and it is at my door Tuesday by 3pm. Every single time.
    11-28-10 09:33 PM
    Be aware that you CANNOT get BES or worldwide data on these plans. The plan codes are not compatible so you must pay full price for any data other than the basic 29.99 package.
    Last edited by kobayashi; 12-13-10 at 10:13 PM.
    12-11-10 11:20 PM
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3; en-us; DROIDX Build/VZW) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1 480X854 motorola DROIDX)

I wouldn't blame you for feeling upset. You've been with them for a long time and Verizon won't even offer you the promotion most of us are being offered whether we received the e-mail or not. In my case, I was very pleased to get the offer despite not receiving an e-mail but I wasn't expecting it. Verizon was in no way obligated to give me the discount as it wasn't offered to me. You'd think in the Chicago area most carriers would be very reliable but only Verizon is reliable. T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint, and US Cellular have a lot of dropped calls and dead zones.

In your case, why pay more if you can pay less and get the same coverage? My bill went from $100 per month to $80 per month with this promotion. That's including my corporate discount too. Next month, it'll be $20 cheaper as Verizon allowed me to add Friends and Family to a 450 plan so I can't complain with how I've been treated. Good luck with your switch!
    This post is an update to my earlier encounters with Verizon. The earlier representatives I encountered only knew how to say NO without looking at the big picture. Also for those that thought I did not deserve this plan youre wrong. The retentions departments function is to retain and the representative I talked to today retained my business.

I thought Id give it one more shot before taking a more serious look and research into Sprint. Today I called retentions (loyalty) department and spoke to a very nice representative. I asked for the promotional plan and she asked if I was emailed the promotion. I DID NOT lie to her. I told her I was not emailed directly but one was forwarded from a friend. I told her I heard about this from multiple sources also. I told her my daughters line and my broadband line were available for upgrade now and I was just shopping because I was considering going over to Sprint. She said I DID NOT qualify for this plan but she would look at my account anyway. I told her I was thinking of getting my daughter a DroidX by Motorola. She stated that since Ive been a long time loyal customer (Bell Atlantic Days) she would honor my request (no consultation needed with a supervisor). Being a smart Verizon Representative she started her sales pitch on the DroidX for my daughter. I rewarded her great customer service by purchasing a new DroidX and some accessories for my daughter from her. She thanked me for my business. I also told her that if it would help her numbers I would contact her by email when I upgrade my data card to 4g. She definitely said that would help her and she thanked me once again. She even offered to bill this purchase to my Verizon account so I could get my $100 rebate before I paid for my phone. This deal was a win for Verizon and a win for me. This Verizon Representative earned my money and my business. Now that, my friend, is great customer service.

On a side note I asked her how they determined who would get the promotional email. She stated that they were sent out to people who are out of contract or nearing the end of their contract.
    12-13-10 10:03 PM
    Good evening

Long time lurker, short time member and first time poster.

About two weeks ago I jumped from the Verizon ship and ported over to Sprint for the plan pricing but also because big red rather upset me to put it nicely. Unfortunately the coverage with Sprint at my house was less than desired and after a couple of dropped calls (wife's line) I decided to suck it up and call Verizon back. While on the phone with the "win back" department I figured I had nothing to lose so I asked about this plan.

As expected a very nice lady on the other end wanted to know where I had heard of such a plan as she had not. I explained about the e-mail that was sent out to folks and admitted that I was not one of them but was forwarded the pamphlet, but I could not remember who had sent it as they were a forum member. I kinda left out the part that I was reading it to her from a link in this forum (it was kinda forwarded, sorta).

After about ten minutes on hold she came back with this offer(remember I am talking to win back) She would honor the price plan and include any carrier mobile to mobile as well. One free month of service with no activation fees including friends and family (10 numbers I think). And for the life of me I have no idea why but free upgrades on both lines even after I explained to her that both of our 9650's were only two weeks old and did not need upgrades. Besides I have had a Droid 1 as well as a Droid 2 and I will be sticking with Berries.

I have no idea if the mobile to mobile any carrier is correct but with 1400 anytime minutes it really does not matter either way. Anyway here is how the new plan looks from my account.

Plan Details (primary)

Monthly access charge: $93.50 ( 15% off of $110.00)
    Monthly allowance minutes: 1400 general
    Per minute rate after allowance: $0.40 peak , $0.40 off-peak
    Promotion details
    15% ACCESS DISCOUNT
    20% - FEATURE DISCOUNT

Plan Details (second line)

Monthly access charge: $9.99
    Monthly allowance minutes:
    Per minute rate after allowance: $0.40 peak , $0.40 off-peak
    Promotion details
    12-14-10 08:21 PM
    ^^^^ ROTFLMAO You were lied to by a Verizon drone. Wasn't the first time and won't be the last. No such thing as unlimited mobile to mobile across carriers on Verizon.
    12-15-10 08:06 AM
    It will be interesting to see what happens with plans when LTE phones are available (i.e., the rumored iPhone LTE/3G)....

Saw an ad this morning for MetroPCS (I know...limited network off of Sprint)....

4G/LTE $60 for unlimited Talk, Text, Web,Email, Video
    12-15-10 08:12 AM
    ^^^^ ROTFLMAO You were lied to by a Verizon drone. Wasn't the first time and won't be the last. No such thing as unlimited mobile to mobile across carriers on Verizon.
    I'm now ROTFLMAO...there is unlimited mobile to mobile across carriers on Verizon.

Verizon Wireless Offers Unlimited Any Mobile Plans For Eligible Texas And Louisiana Consumers

It was rolled out as a test plan for certain areas (with specific area codes). Thank you play again some other time.
    12-15-10 09:23 AM
    Either way that plan looks great! If Verizon would drop the cost of their plans down even slightly more I think it would be beneficial for them in the long run. Their network can handle the amount of users simply because of the way it's designed. Mind you, it does have faults... Though those faults are quickly becoming a thing of the past (i.e. Hybrid PRLs for Alltel grandfathered plans, Bleh)
    12-15-10 11:06 AM
    Does anyone know if these plans can be switched to an iphone? I went through a dummy order from the VZW website and it looks like it has to switch back to the old plan without the $20 data discount.
    02-14-11 09:16 AM
    Does anyone know if these plans can be switched to an iphone? I went through a dummy order from the VZW website and it looks like it has to switch back to the old plan without the $20 data discount.
    You need to call Verizon CS and ask to have them to file a recovery of inactive promotions. You can get it back on the account. When I recently changed from a BB to Android, they removed it and put it back on my account within two days.
    02-14-11 08:22 PM
    I can tell you from experience there shouldn't be any problem switching the talk and text discount.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-11 11:13 AM
174 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD