02-15-11 11:13 AM
174 ... 4567
tools
    Nay was prepared to accept a no, actually. I decided to go in with the open and honest approach. I was open from the start and told them I did not get the offer, but had simply read about it at CB. I explained how excited I was about it and, explained why I thought they should give it to me in a rational an professional way. I DID have to be transfered to a supe, BUT the supe took care of me and gave me the plan.

What's that old expession? You get more flies with honey?
    Well since you got what you wanted, we will never know, will we. Old habits die hard. Congrats on the savings.
    11-17-10 01:28 PM
    I called yesterday and spoke with Mark. After telling him I got the email he said their system didn't show I was eligible nor was I sent the email. He asked me to forward him the email so I tried to be slick and forwarded a screenhot of the link posted in this thread. He emailed me back saying he needed the actual email forwarded.

This morning, I called again and spoke with Judy. I didn't mention the email, just told her I was trying to get signed up for the plan. She looked at my account and again said it didn't show I was eligible. I inquired about how I could get put on the list for such offers and she basically said it was only offered to about 7000 people, that in the future it might be offered to everyone and everyone would be notified. She then put me on hold and when she came back she said her sup had ok'd her to offer the plan to me. But she also pointed out that because of my current plans and corp discounts, I'd be paying +$6 than I am now and the only benefit would be unlimited texting. She convinced me to keep my current plan because I'm only averaging about half of my allotted texts. She did say that she would note on my account that the plan was ok'd if I changed my mind and decided to call back.

Code:
    America's Choice 450           $ 39.99
    25% Access Discount             -10.00
    Email & Web for BlackBerry     $ 29.99
    20% - Feature Discount          - 6.00
    500 MSG Allowance + UNL IN MSG $ 10.00
                                   -------
    Now I'm kind of confused though, if I did switch over, wouldn't that mean $69.99 - 25% = ~$53 with the benefit of unlimited text?
    11-17-10 01:35 PM

Code:
    America's Choice 450           $ 39.99
    25% Access Discount             -10.00
    Email & Web for BlackBerry     $ 29.99
    20% - Feature Discount          - 6.00
    500 MSG Allowance + UNL IN MSG $ 10.00
                                   -------
    Now I'm kind of confused though, if I did switch over, wouldn't that mean $69.99 - 25% = ~$53 with the benefit of unlimited text?
    No, the 25% discounts are only for plans $39.99 or over. The other features are not part of the plan, they are add-ons and bill them separately so the 25% doesn't go towards the add-ons, that's what the 20% discount is.
    Last edited by VideoEngineerAJS; 11-17-10 at 02:23 PM.
    11-17-10 02:19 PM
    No, the 25% discounts are only for plans $39.99 or over. The other features are not part of the plan, they are add-ons and bill them separately so the 25% doesn't go towards the add-ons, that's what the 20% discount is.
    So if I switch, should I be on the same plan as bighap?

450 mins + unlimited texts: $60 - 25% corp discount = $45
    Unlimited data: $30 - $20 credit = $10
    Total before taxes and fees = $55
    11-17-10 02:27 PM
    So if I switch, should I be on the same plan as bighap?
    Yeah, since you have a discount you'll still pay less than what you are paying now. I don't know if the lower level people see the corporate discounts because the lady that did mine said that I would end up paying the same amount but all 3 of my lines would have unlimited data. I'll end up saving about $30 a month plus all 3 of my lines have unlimited data.
    11-17-10 02:32 PM
    Can i use a BB without the data service? I just want to use it as a phone. Verizon says no but i find it hard to believe.
    11-17-10 04:35 PM
    Boy Genius just posted this a little while ago, so maybe these are the same plans talked about in this thread!

Verizon Wireless to discount family plans for smartphone users | BGR
    11-17-10 04:40 PM
    Thank you to the original poster.

I "think" I recieved an email from Verizon and deleted it. I have been a Verizon customer in good standing since 1991. I have 4 smartphones and one feature phone on my account. I talked to a very nice rep at Verizon who switched my plan over and I saved 64.46 per month. It took about 5 minutes.

I have the same plan as I did before (1400 Family Share). They just added 9.99 data to all 5 phones on my plan.

I inquired as to the longevity and she said the promotion was permanent unless I changed plans.
    11-17-10 05:22 PM
    My Verizon bill came in and my bill is about $20 cheaper. However, I'm not sure if the discount took effect as it's not shown in my billing details. The only reason I'm confused is that my plan was lowered and I'm not sure if I just paid for the new month of service or last months service. It's confusing as the discount is on my account but doesn't show within the billing details.

Edit: I figured it out after a phone call to Verizon. These bills can be so confusing at times.
    Last edited by Eclipse2K; 11-17-10 at 08:55 PM.
    11-17-10 08:40 PM
    Can i use a BB without the data service? I just want to use it as a phone. Verizon says no but i find it hard to believe.
    Not quite the right thread...but to answer your question...NO. You can't and never have ben able to have a BlackBerry without data.

Now, que the comparisons to sports cars without gas...etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-10 09:11 PM
    Edit: It states "Starting at". Does this mean there is a 900 plan? (A VZW representative said that's what he thinks but he isn't sure)
    Has anyone heard any more about this? Currently on a 1400 plan, but we barely use over 400 and not going to chance it with 450. I would really like to not pay for what we don't use.
    11-17-10 10:00 PM
    Has anyone heard any more about this? Currently on a 1400 plan, but we barely use over 400 and not going to chance it with 450. I would really like to not pay for what we don't use.
    You're allowed to use any plan from 450 minutes (on a single plan) and 1400 minutes (on a family plan). There is nothing lower than these plans that are allowed on the plan. In your case, you'll need to stick with the 1400 minute family plan.
    11-17-10 10:32 PM
    I called Verizon yesterday and was able to get the 1400 minute family share plan for $139.99 for 2 lines. On Verizon web site's Plans page, I see "TALK & TEXT PLUS DATA $20 DISC" as a promotion on the secondary line, but this promotion does not appear on the primary line.

I know from earlier replies to this thread that for 450 minute single line plans, this promotion does appear on the primary line.

Does the "TALK & TEXT PLUS DATA $20 DISC" promotion appear for anybody's primary family share line?
    Last edited by vsuri; 11-18-10 at 06:33 AM.
    11-18-10 06:29 AM
    About the $15 150MB/month data plan. Is this a good deal? I am planning to get a 9650 with it but will most likely depend on it's wifi for any heavy web usage. But what about email retrieval, weather application, etc. those should not really take much bite from that 150MB, right? Or are those features too can be pushed to wifi only?

Basically, would I be able to push everything to a wifi-only mode or something, or will the 150MB be enough for the on-the-go stuff and wifi for the heavier stuff?
    11-18-10 07:19 AM
    I wonder if they will allow me to use this plan if I am going to add someone to my account...has anyone done this?
    11-18-10 07:45 AM
    About the $15 150MB/month data plan. Is this a good deal? I am planning to get a 9650 with it but will most likely depend on it's wifi for any heavy web usage. But what about email retrieval, weather application, etc. those should not really take much bite from that 150MB, right? Or are those features too can be pushed to wifi only?

Basically, would I be able to push everything to a wifi-only mode or something, or will the 150MB be enough for the on-the-go stuff and wifi for the heavier stuff?
    My wife uses right around 100 MB a month. She doesn't do a ton of web browsing, but she has BerryWeather pushing every hour and Facebook pushing every hour as well. She gets the occasional e-mail (not more than 10 a day) and we use BBM a lot during the day. I stream Pandora/Slacker, use the browser for around an hour a day (no WiFi), 50+ e-mails from 3 accounts, BBM, Facebook and Twitter and I poll around 1.5 GB a month.

Some apps can push over WiFi, I believe BerryWeather has that option.
    11-18-10 09:11 AM
    11-18-10 10:16 AM
    Meh. Saving $9.99 is not THAT big. And that credit is only good for the 2 year contract. Once out of the contract, that credit goes away.
    11-18-10 11:14 AM
    I am guessing even though it doesn't state it in that press release that this offer is only valid for those lines due for an upgrade? I don't imagine they'll let any non-smartphone line upgrade to a smartphone unless their upgrade date has arrived or is very near?
    11-18-10 11:17 AM
    I am guessing even though it doesn't state it in that press release that this offer is only valid for those lines due for an upgrade? I don't imagine they'll let any non-smartphone line upgrade to a smartphone unless their upgrade date has arrived or is very near?
    I was about to ask this same question. Our second line is a dumb phone and the NE2 isn't up until Jan or Feb.
    11-18-10 12:11 PM
    You do have to be eligible for an upgrade, but if it's close, I don't see why you shouldn't ask to upgrade now. This promo is limited...
    11-18-10 12:31 PM
    Yeah, 9.99 isn't a lot, but it's still 9.99 savings. If you were able to get on the promo of the Talk/Text/Data plan, that's $20 per line.
    11-18-10 03:18 PM
    Yeah, 9.99 isn't a lot, but it's still 9.99 savings. If you were able to get on the promo of the Talk/Text/Data plan, that's $20 per line.
    Oh God! Don't start this rumor. They can not be combined.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-10 04:19 PM
    Does the "TALK & TEXT PLUS DATA $20 DISC" promotion appear for anybody's primary family share line?

Yes it shows on mine like this.

Promotion details
    15% ACCESS DISCOUNT
    12% - FEATURE DISCOUNT
    12% - FEATURE DISCOUNT
    TALK & TEXT PLUS DATA $20 DISC
    vsuri likes this.
    11-18-10 04:27 PM
    Yes it shows on mine like this.

Promotion details
    15% ACCESS DISCOUNT
    12% - FEATURE DISCOUNT
    12% - FEATURE DISCOUNT
    What is the second 12% feature discount for? I ask because mine shows up like this:

Promotion details
    15% ACCESS DISCOUNT
    12% - FEATURE DISCOUNT

And, thanks for the replies on eligible lines for the newest promotion. If they really wanted to convert people to smartphones they'd let any "dumb" phone that wanted to upgrade to a smartphone do so. Even if they aren't scheduled for an upgrade yet, it's still a win for VZW.
    11-18-10 05:32 PM
174 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD