02-15-11 12:13 PM
174 ... 34567
tools
    It looks like you have the new plan.
    Note the $20 discount.
    That is the discount for the new data plan.
    They charge $10 for the additional line, then $30 for data.
    They then discount $20.
    This gives $20 per line for unlimited data and text.
    I realize this. My account stated all of the above before and than it disappeared as my plan was changing. Once it changed, the information showed again.
    11-11-10 11:36 PM
    okay so i got unlimited text, minutes and data for 69.99 but can not apply my corporate discount to the plan. still saves alot. thank everything for the info.
    11-12-10 02:03 PM
    okay so i got unlimited text, minutes and data for 69.99 but can not apply my corporate discount to the plan. still saves alot. thank everything for the info.
    They told me discount would not be applied to the data since the $20 discount comes off the data feature. However, I'm still getting corp discount off the base talk and text plan.
    11-12-10 03:19 PM
    They told me discount would not be applied to the data since the $20 discount comes off the data feature. However, I'm still getting corp discount off the base talk and text plan.
    He has the unlimited plan which no corporate discounts apply to. Also, you may still get the discount on the data. I was told that it still applies but it applies to $10 rather than the $30.
    11-12-10 05:31 PM
    My plan didn't change on the 1st day of my bill cycle. Talking to regular customer care who says they have a call back set up with me, area specific, bla bla bla.

ETA

I called the promotion # again and they changed it, and it does show online. That was stressful :/
    Last edited by faf224; 11-13-10 at 10:56 AM.
    11-13-10 10:19 AM
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; DROIDX Build/VZW) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1 480X854 motorola DROIDX)

No biggie. I've been with them since the Bell Atlantic days => Airtouch => VZW and since they Don't see fit to give me this plan I'll just bail out to Sprint... BTW Sprint and AT&T in my area works just as well (thank GOD) .. I'll just advise them when I bail out that I've already canceled one of my lines (daughter's to AT&T iPhone) and the other four remaining with data will go when our contracts our up... I just vote with my wallet... They don't need my money they've got plenty... Nothing special 'bout VZW in my neck of the woods so I've got choices (unlike some that will swear VZW is the best) .. So I'll vote with my pocketbook... Too bad others don't have that choice...
    11-15-10 09:02 PM
    I may have to call back to add friends and family since others are getting it too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-10 12:41 AM
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; DROIDX Build/VZW) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1 480X854 motorola DROIDX)

No biggie. I've been with them since the Bell Atlantic days => Airtouch => VZW and since they Don't see fit to give me this plan I'll just bail out to Sprint... BTW Sprint and AT&T in my area works just as well (thank GOD) .. I'll just advise them when I bail out that I've already canceled one of my lines (daughter's to AT&T iPhone) and the other four remaining with data will go when our contracts our up... I just vote with my wallet... They don't need my money they've got plenty... Nothing special 'bout VZW in my neck of the woods so I've got choices (unlike some that will swear VZW is the best) .. So I'll vote with my pocketbook... Too bad others don't have that choice...
    I wouldn't blame you for feeling upset. You've been with them for a long time and Verizon won't even offer you the promotion most of us are being offered whether we received the e-mail or not. In my case, I was very pleased to get the offer despite not receiving an e-mail but I wasn't expecting it. Verizon was in no way obligated to give me the discount as it wasn't offered to me. You'd think in the Chicago area most carriers would be very reliable but only Verizon is reliable. T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint, and US Cellular have a lot of dropped calls and dead zones.

In your case, why pay more if you can pay less and get the same coverage? My bill went from $100 per month to $80 per month with this promotion. That's including my corporate discount too. Next month, it'll be $20 cheaper as Verizon allowed me to add Friends and Family to a 450 plan so I can't complain with how I've been treated. Good luck with your switch!
    11-16-10 02:45 AM
    It pisses me off enough that AT&T is coming to my area in Jan I'm gonna switch if they won't extend that offer to me.
    You might want to be careful of switching just because you're po'd. AT&T coverage sucks so you could be real sorry. I'd do some research first about AT&T's coverage in your own area and if anyone on your account travels .. re-think the potential consequences before you leap. We tried Sprint a while back and were very sorry we did due to suck-y coverage. It was a real aggravating experience and so we're back w/VZW. Unfortunately, when you've got the best coverage in the country - you get to sock it to your customers sometimes it seems.
    11-16-10 07:29 AM

Does anyone know the criteria for being offered this promotion?

Rachael

11-16-10 12:57 PM

Does anyone know the criteria for being offered this promotion?

Rachael

From what I've been told, it is for existing customers in good standing. It is also targeted at specific markets and locations. Yes, since the 877 number has leaked out, there are tons of people calling, but unless you can provide evidence that the e-mail was sent and intended for you, or you get a super nice rep that doesn't care...you won't get the discount. They are "trying" this plan out and it may go mainstream...who knows.
    11-16-10 03:47 PM
    I've noticed that the people that seem to be getting denied are from the Northeast or East Coast and almost all of the people that have gotten it (even if they didn't get the email) are in the Midwest.

Keep in mind that the Midwest is the test market of the country. So as Mark said, these plans may come out to everyone else eventually.
    11-16-10 03:53 PM
    From what I've been told, it is for existing customers in good standing. It is also targeted at specific markets and locations. Yes, since the 877 number has leaked out, there are tons of people calling, but unless you can provide evidence that the e-mail was sent and intended for you, or you get a super nice rep that doesn't care...you won't get the discount. They are "trying" this plan out and it may go mainstream...who knows.
    I find it hilarious that Verizon claims that it may go mainstream if the plan is accepted well. Let's see. We're looking at the same plans with a $20 discount. I'm sure this one will have us customers throwing a fit!

Of course this promotion will be accepted everywhere with a high percentage of customers calling in. Who wants to pay more money if they don't have to?
    11-16-10 04:18 PM
    I'm from new York, so that explains it. Hopefully it'll come to my neck of the woods. Thanks for the reply.

rachael
    11-16-10 04:50 PM
    Of course the king of the deal got it!
    11-16-10 05:18 PM
    Of course the king of the deal got it!
    I'm sure if you hadn't, you would be contacting the Exeuctive Office or Planet Feedback huh?

11-16-10 06:13 PM
    I've noticed that the people that seem to be getting denied are from the Northeast or East Coast and almost all of the people that have gotten it (even if they didn't get the email) are in the Midwest.

Keep in mind that the Midwest is the test market of the country. So as Mark said, these plans may come out to everyone else eventually.
    Wish that was true...I live in Nebraska and got denied...heh. I guess 3 BB's and 3 other phones with data isnt enough for them.
    11-16-10 06:54 PM

I'm from new York, so that explains it. Hopefully it'll come to my neck of the woods. Thanks for the reply.

rachael
    On HoFo one of the posters reported they are offering this plan in the stores now.

VZW $69.99 450 Unlimited text and data?

Before everyone gets their undies in a bunch, this promotion is not for select customers....select regions maybe. I was at my local Verizon store this evening (NY area) and they had a big sign in the window advertising 450 minutes, unlimited text, and unlimited data (Talk Text and Data) for $69.99. So I'm pretty sure that the "promotion" is the new normal and everyone (at least in my area) can get it.
    11-16-10 09:15 PM

rachael
    My cousin lives in NYC and she was able to get it.
    11-16-10 09:45 PM
    I'm assuming these plans you have been mentioning still tack on the $30 smartphone fee correct?
    11-17-10 06:39 AM
    They sure didn't want to give it to me. I pay my bill promptly and actually have 2 family share plans. I guess they have other criterias.

Rachael

11-17-10 06:39 AM
    I'm assuming these plans you have been mentioning still tack on the $30 smartphone fee correct?
    The $30 data plan gets dropped to $10.

tbelanger and markhunsaker like this.
    11-17-10 06:41 AM
    I'm sure if you hadn't, you would be contacting the Exeuctive Office or Planet Feedback huh?

Nay was prepared to accept a no, actually. I decided to go in with the open and honest approach. I was open from the start and told them I did not get the offer, but had simply read about it at CB. I explained how excited I was about it and, explained why I thought they should give it to me in a rational an professional way. I DID have to be transfered to a supe, BUT the supe took care of me and gave me the plan.

What's that old expession? You get more flies with honey?
    11-17-10 10:37 AM
    Nay was prepared to accept a no, actually. I decided to go in with the open and honest approach. I was open from the start and told them I did not get the offer, but had simply read about it at CB. I explained how excited I was about it and, explained why I thought they should give it to me in a rational an professional way. I DID have to be transfered to a supe, BUT the supe took care of me and gave me the plan.

What's that old expession? You get more flies with honey?
    Yes, that's it! That's the way I got it added.
    11-17-10 01:22 PM
    Just got my first bill with the new discount. They backdated it for the entire month They also negate any corporate discount you may have received prior on the DATA portion. Still works out for the better.

Before

450 mins + unlimited texts: $60 - 25% corp discount = $45
    Unlimited data: $30 - 20% corp discount = $24
    Total before taxes and fees = $69

After

450 mins + unlimited texts: $60 - 25% corp discount = $45
    Unlimited data: $30 - $20 credit = $10
    Total before taxes and fees = $55
    Savings per month for identical plan = $14
    Warm and cozy feeling inside = PRICELESS
    11-17-10 01:53 PM
174 ... 34567