02-15-11 12:13 PM
174 12345 ...
tools
    Well perhaps I'll try calling one more time and I'll let ya know if they do it or not. I do have a question though when I talked to the verizon rep on the phone the first time she said that if I was qualified I would lose my 15% plan discount and my 20% data discount and I'm hearing that some of you are keeping it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I won't know for sure until the 11th (possibly) but my account shows that I have my discounts still active. I wasn't told that the discounts wouldn't work so I'm assuming that I'll be able to get those on top of the promotion.
    11-08-10 03:35 PM
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; DROIDX Build/VZW) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1 480X854 motorola DROIDX)

If you mean you're going into a VZW store, you might be wasting your time. The email, posted on the first page of this thread and re-posted below, contains the appropriate toll-free number to call for the promotion.

I would, therefore, suggest that you try that number (again, if that's the number you previously called) and insist that you get the new deal. Basically, in my case the process took less than 10 minutes. Despite indications (in print) otherwise, based upon my conversation with the VZW rep I got the distinct impression that the promotion was NOT being targeted to any particular (i.e., "select") group of customers.

https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/we...HNFiHJILssDgLm
    FYI -- They definitely are checking to see if you were emailed the promo. I was advised that they did not show me on their "campaign" list for that and that I was to forward my email to her so she could put me on the program..
    11-08-10 03:54 PM
    Well I called the number back and got a hold of Rebecca. She was going to switch my plan over but said it wasn't shown I received the email and said she can't do it until I forward the email to her. I saved the picture of the email shown on this board and emailed it to her. I'm waiting for a response from her and hoping that she'll override the system and do it.

11-08-10 04:02 PM
    FYI -- They definitely are checking to see if you were emailed the promo...
    Well, perhaps it depends on the individual rep because they are definitely not doing so in all cases, including mine; I was not asked about the email nor, to my knowledge, did the rep bother to check to determine whether or not I had received the email (had he checked, he would have discovered that I had not, in fact, received any such email).

The foregoing is consistent with others who have reported calling the toll-free number and receiving the promotion without ever getting the email (those reports have been posted on this board as well as on HoFo).
    11-08-10 04:37 PM
    My friend just called a minute ago and got the deal without hassle.

Keep calling if you're denied! You just need the correct representative.
    11-08-10 04:38 PM

I'm still waiting to hear back from the second rep I talked to and emailed the picture I got off here. All I know is she said she was going to do it but her pc wouldn't let her cause it showed I never received the email. Now as far as some of you getting it without receiving the email its possible they either didn't have your email on hand but you were eligible or they sent it to the wrong email (aka old email address you used to have or typo). That and obviously there is an override cause she said she could do it with proof so maybe there is just a few lazy reps.

11-08-10 05:25 PM

Same here, no questions asked. Was off the phone in like 2 minutes.
    11-08-10 06:33 PM
    For those of you who were asked to e-mail the image. Copy and paste it into Word FIRST! Look at the bottom of the flyer it says something about how this e-mail was sent to the subscriber who's phone number ends in ... (it's blank). Insert the last 4 of your phone number and copy and paste it to an e-mail. I did and it was applied with my 17% discount.

Here is how it reads exactly:

This email was sent to
    and associated with your Verizon Wireless mobile number ending in (insert your last 4 of your phone number here!)
    We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information about click activity with
    Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.
    11-08-10 06:37 PM
    I called back as my friend was offered Friends and Family with a 450 minute plan. The representative said that they're offering this on a 450 minute plan if the customer asks for it. Also, he noted that I have major discounts as my corporate discount also applies to my total.

This is great news because I only used 60 minutes out of 900 each month because of Friends and Family!
    11-08-10 06:38 PM
    Called today and they asked how I heard about the promotion. Told them I saw a flyer online(didn't want to be asked to forward an email I did not receive). She said not everyone qualifies(apparently I didn't) but she saw how long I had been with Verizon and got the ok from her manager to add it.
    11-08-10 06:42 PM
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; DROIDX Build/VZW) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1 480X854 motorola DROIDX)

For those of you who were asked to e-mail the image. Copy and paste it into Word FIRST! Look at the bottom of the flyer it says something about how this e-mail was sent to the subscriber who's phone number ends in ... (it's blank). Insert the last 4 of your phone number and copy and paste it to an e-mail. I did and it was applied with my 17% discount.

Here is how it reads exactly:

This email was sent to
    and associated with your Verizon Wireless mobile number ending in (insert your last 4 of your phone number here!)
    We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information about click activity with
    Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.
    I would assume that I also would need to insert my first and last name after "This email was sent to"
    11-08-10 07:42 PM

I would assume that I also would need to insert my first and last name after "This email was sent to"
    Nope, they wouldn't put your first and last name on it...just the last 4 of your phone number.
    11-08-10 08:39 PM
    I called once tonight but was denied, I'll try calling back in the morning and if that doesn't work I'll try the email trick, can't hurt
    11-08-10 08:53 PM

Nope, they wouldn't put your first and last name on it...just the last 4 of your phone number.
    Thanks for the info!!
    11-08-10 09:05 PM
    How long will this plan last? In other words, will this plan be converted to something else in a years time?

I have this exact plan already and it would be nice to save a few dollars. I just don't want their to be something in the fine print which hasn't been stated.
    11-08-10 09:25 PM
    I called and was told, no problem.
    I just told them I had gotten the email.
    I saw the plans on this forum.
    11-08-10 09:31 PM
    How long will this plan last? In other words, will this plan be converted to something else in a years time?

I have this exact plan already and it would be nice to save a few dollars. I just don't want their to be something in the fine print which hasn't been stated.
    It's a discount that lasts for at least a year. It may be extended but no word on it. Your plan doesn't change - you're just adding a discount (kind of like many of us also have corporate discounts).
    11-08-10 09:47 PM
    Strange, now my account says I have no promotions. This includes my corporate discounts and the promo.

Edit: I guess all is well. My friends account shows still but mine is blank in regards to discounts on VZW.com. However, when I called, they show on their end that all my discounts are still included. Whew.
    Last edited by Eclipse2K; 11-08-10 at 10:15 PM.
    11-08-10 09:55 PM
    I called today, and they checked my account, and said that the email wasn't sent to me, so they can not give me that offer.
    11-09-10 11:45 AM
    I called today, and they checked my account, and said that the email wasn't sent to me, so they can not give me that offer.
    Call back and try again. Sometimes it takes getting a friendly rep. I'm sure they have been getting tons of calls about this plan so maybe they are being more stringent now as well.
    11-09-10 12:28 PM
    Strange, now my account says I have no promotions. This includes my corporate discounts and the promo.

Edit: I guess all is well. My friends account shows still but mine is blank in regards to discounts on VZW.com. However, when I called, they show on their end that all my discounts are still included. Whew.
    Here is how my account is noted. I was already getting a 25% corporate discount off my base $59.99 plan($44.99) and 20% off my $29.99 data plan($23.99). I am now getting my unlimited data plan for $8 if they do the $20 discount before my corporate discount or $4 is they apply the $20 after my corporate discount. Either way I am more than pleased.

11-09-10 12:55 PM
    I don't think I will call again. They have been pretty good to me. In march I bought a Tour, when boldgate happened, I ended up getting a Bold, and then last week I called to complain obout the bold, and they just offered to move my upgrade date from late march to that day, and I could get whatever phone I wanted. I don't think I can complain out Verizon.
    11-09-10 12:58 PM
    I don't think I will call again. They have been pretty good to me. In march I bought a Tour, when boldgate happened, I ended up getting a Bold, and then last week I called to complain obout the bold, and they just offered to move my upgrade date from late march to that day, and I could get whatever phone I wanted. I don't think I can complain out Verizon.
    wow...
    I think this is the first time I have ever seen anyone here be genuinely appreciative of Vzw and the things they do for customers.
    11-09-10 01:39 PM
    called and signed up, only saving $10 a month but i get unlimited SMS now where i was only at 250 before. So not bad really
    11-09-10 01:39 PM
    I called and said I was calling about the talk, text, and data promotion and they said okay and they told me that the plan will remain the same price forever as long as I don't change my plan.

I don't plan on changing my plan because it's the lowest Family Share plan that has unlimited text and Friends and Family and I don't use all 1400 minutes as it is.
    11-09-10 01:47 PM
174 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD