02-15-11 11:13 AM
174 1234 ...
tools
    I'm glad you can't see that I posted this same link and that I understand this already. I'm saying that it states on "Eligible Plans" and there are only two plans. And once again, my friend was DENIED the Friends and Family in this promotion. Why can't you understand that "Eligible" doesn't mean it's included if others are being turned down. It's like it depends on the representative you speak with.
    11-07-10 02:07 PM
    If they say you can't add it, just call back and talk to someone else.
    11-07-10 02:56 PM
    Stealing this from the Android forum here:

I called and got it, they didn't offer I asked for it. Photobucket is blocked here at work so I can't see the image, not sure if $69.99 gets Friends & Family or not... the lowest plan they offer for a Family plan is 1400 minutes so that has the same 10 as the old 1400 minute plan. Call the toll free # on this image and just ask them, stop arguing like little creeps.

We went with the 2000 minutes plan just to keep our butts covered.

The one year contract extension only applies to the primary line, that line was out of contract with us, but we then did an upgrade with a 2 year contract so it doesn't matter.
    11-07-10 03:46 PM
    Good information. I'll check to see if I can get Friends and Family when I call tomorrow. If they offer it - awesome. If not, oh well. I'll just stick with my current plan. I switched from T-Mobile to Verizon because of coverage and I realized the switch would cost significantly more.

Edit: It states "Starting at". Does this mean there is a 900 plan? (A VZW representative said that's what he thinks but he isn't sure)
    Last edited by Eclipse2K; 11-07-10 at 06:15 PM.
    11-07-10 05:16 PM
    The regular reps don't have the info. Unfortunately you'll have to speak with someone at the toll free # on the image above.
    11-07-10 06:51 PM
    The regular reps don't have the info. Unfortunately you'll have to speak with someone at the toll free # on the image above.
    I figured this out earlier.

I wanted to try just in case. We'll see tomorrow on what I can do. I assume that a 900 plan will be offered at what could be $20 off. But until I can confirm this, I'll leave it at just that - an assumption.
    11-07-10 06:53 PM
    What I'd like to know is whether or not this gets rid of the unlimited nights and weekends. The promo doesn't mention anything about it. I suppose I could just call tomorrow to find out.
    11-07-10 08:00 PM
    I am on the Nationwide Loyalty plan...550 minutes...no TXT. $50 per month plus my BB data. If I only had the one line, it would be great and a discount. But given my two other lines, it is still more expensive. If both my wife and daughter had smartphones/data, that would be the only time the plan would make sense for us. But I think it is a step in the right direction for VZW....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-10 06:35 AM
    Ok, another update.

I called the # and was sent to someone in regular sales apparently, that had NO idea of the plan, and offered me every service Verizon Wireless offers. But anyway, I was finally able to get an answer that the first 2 lines are covered under the new plan.

Lines 3-5 would be the $19.99
    11-08-10 10:12 AM
    Ok, another update.

I called the # and was sent to someone in regular sales apparently, that had NO idea of the plan, and offered me every service Verizon Wireless offers. But anyway, I was finally able to get an answer that the first 2 lines are covered under the new plan.

Lines 3-5 would be the $19.99
    We already knew that. What exactly was the update?
    11-08-10 10:39 AM
    Just called about it (having not gotten the email) and they refused to give any of the plans to me. Said it was only being offered to targeted people. Thought that's bull$*#/ cause I've been with Verizon for 3 and a half years with 5 lines and an average bill of over 200$ a month. I have two line ready for upgrade starting today that I would've gotten smartphones on but not gonna pay 40$ a line for smartphones.

11-08-10 10:50 AM
    I called them up at 8 sharp this morning.. Lady on the phone asked me how i heard about this and I told her through email (Which I never got).. Well, long story short, she gave me it..

Old - 2 Smartphones, 3 dumbphones = Approx $230 including tax
    New - 4 Smartphones, 1 dumbphone = Approx $200 + Tax
    11-08-10 10:59 AM
    I called them up at 8 sharp this morning.. Lady on the phone asked me how i heard about this and I told her through email (Which I never got).. Well, long story short, she gave me it..

Old - 2 Smartphones, 3 dumbphones = Approx $230 including tax
    New - 4 Smartphones, 1 dumbphone = Approx $200 + Tax
    Maybe it was cause I didn't say I got the email but the lady I spoke to didn't ask she just brought up my account. I then asked if I could switch over and she told me no only targeted customers.

She was nice enough to place me on a hold and asked a supervisor if she could do it for me, unfortunately like I said the answer was no. So after the phonecall I texted my wifes cousin who is supervisor at our Verizon store she told me she would try but probably can't. She said they were targeting people that it would benefit. Well it would benefit me greatly, so why wasn't I offered!?

11-08-10 12:07 PM
    I have this offer on my account and actually called about changing my current plan to the offer. However, what I have found out is that the offer will NOT work on an account using the $44.99/Data Plan for Data connection with Exchange Servers. They are supposed to be calling me back to see how they can fix that but thought I would mention if anyone is in this same situation.
    11-08-10 01:00 PM
    Maybe it was cause I didn't say I got the email but the lady I spoke to didn't ask she just brought up my account. I then asked if I could switch over and she told me no only targeted customers.

She was nice enough to place me on a hold and asked a supervisor if she could do it for me, unfortunately like I said the answer was no. So after the phonecall I texted my wifes cousin who is supervisor at our Verizon store she told me she would try but probably can't. She said they were targeting people that it would benefit. Well it would benefit me greatly, so why wasn't I offered!?

How long have you had Verizon? I wonder if this makes a difference.

I'll have had them for two years come April. I told them that I received an e-mail on October 29th (which is when a rep told me they started going out regarding the plans. He told me he'll check if I'm eligible. Long story short, I have it on my account under Promotion Details "TALK & TEXT PLUS DATA $20 DISC".

Also, as a note. This is a ONE YEAR promotion that MAY or MAY NOT be extended. You'll receive a discount for A YEAR at the least. The representative said the deal has been widely accepted (DUH! It saves money) so it may last longer as they're competing with Sprint. Not like we didn't see this coming lol.
    11-08-10 01:00 PM
    I worked my details a little more, and clearly it doesn't make sense unless all 3 lines for my account were smartphones.

But I am toying with a BB or iPhone (if) for my wife down the road. Assuming we did that, then my base current costs (not counting taxes and fees) would be:

2 Smart phones 1 dumbphone (with 500 TXT) - $135

That's only $25 less than the $160 it would be for 3 smartphones. I think if we went iPhone for my wife, it might be worth it for us to go to the new plan. Even if my daughter didn't go smartphone right away, she would be extremely happy about the unlim TXT.
    11-08-10 01:02 PM
    How long have you had Verizon? I wonder if this makes a difference.

I'll have had them for two years come April. I told them that I received an e-mail on October 29th (which is when a rep told me they started going out regarding the plans. He told me he'll check if I'm eligible. Long story short, I have it on my account under Promotion Details "TALK & TEXT PLUS DATA $20 DISC".

Also, as a note. This is a ONE YEAR promotion that MAY or MAY NOT be extended. You'll receive a discount for A YEAR at the least. The representative said the deal has been widely accepted (DUH! It saves money) so it may last longer as they're competing with Sprint. Not like we didn't see this coming lol.
    I've had them for going on 3 and a half years with 3 to now 5 lines the whole time. I went through my bills and have averaged about 200$ a bill (including when I only had 3 lines). It pisses me off enough that AT&T is coming to my area in Jan I'm gonna switch if they won't extend that offer to me.

I refuse to be treated different then other customers! Nor should they treat customers differently. I only have 1 smartphone on my 5 lines but like I said 2 of my lines just opened up for a new upgrade today and I would like to get smartphones but I'm not paying 10$ for the line and 30$ for data its absolutely ridiculous!

11-08-10 01:37 PM
    I've had them for going on 3 and a half years with 3 to now 5 lines the whole time. I went through my bills and have averaged about 200$ a bill (including when I only had 3 lines). It pisses me off enough that AT&T is coming to my area in Jan I'm gonna switch if they won't extend that offer to me.

I refuse to be treated different then other customers! Nor should they treat customers differently. I only have 1 smartphone on my 5 lines but like I said 2 of my lines just opened up for a new upgrade today and I would like to get smartphones but I'm not paying 10$ for the line and 30$ for data its absolutely ridiculous!

Just a note, I wasn't offered the promotion via e-mail. I just acted as if I received it. But the representative I spoke with "checked" my eligibility and said I was eligible. Either not everyone got the e-mail that should of or they just don't know who did.
    11-08-10 01:44 PM
    I only have 1 smartphone on my 5 lines but like I said 2 of my lines just opened up for a new upgrade today and I would like to get smartphones but I'm not paying 10$ for the line and 30$ for data its absolutely ridiculous!

Up until this plan was offered, that's exactly what people did. I believe they should offer it to everyone if they are allowing people who claim to be getting the email get it, even if they don't, since it is a great offer.
    11-08-10 01:48 PM
    Well I'm going into my verizon later today and I'm going to be straight to the point with whoever I deal with (unfortunately won't be my wifes cousin she doesn't work mondays) either give me the plan or kiss my 2500$ a year goodbye!

11-08-10 01:52 PM
    Well I'm going into my verizon later today...
    If you mean you're going into a VZW store, you might be wasting your time. The email, posted on the first page of this thread and re-posted below, contains the appropriate toll-free number to call for the promotion.

I would, therefore, suggest that you try that number (again, if that's the number you previously called) and insist that you get the new deal. Basically, in my case the process took less than 10 minutes. Despite indications (in print) otherwise, based upon my conversation with the VZW rep I got the distinct impression that the promotion was NOT being targeted to any particular (i.e., "select") group of customers.

https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/we...HNFiHJILssDgLm
    11-08-10 02:13 PM
    What I'd like to know is whether or not this gets rid of the unlimited nights and weekends...
    It does not eliminate unlimited nights and weekends. Essentially, it's the same as other plans except with a $20 discount, or credit if you prefer, for each line with a $29.99 (i.e., unlimited) data plan.
    11-08-10 02:17 PM
    If you mean you're going into a VZW store, you might be wasting your time. The email, posted on the first page of this thread and re-posted below, contains the appropriate toll-free number to call for the promotion.

I would, therefore, suggest that you try that number (again, if that's the number you previously called) and insist that you get the new deal. Basically, in my case the process took less than 10 minutes. Despite indications (in print) otherwise, based upon my conversation with the VZW rep I got the distinct impression that the promotion was NOT being targeted to any particular (i.e., "select") group of customers.

https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/we...HNFiHJILssDgLm
    That's the impression I received from Verizon. You just need to note that you received the e-mail because Verizon may be trying to limit the amount of customers whom take part in this promotion. A trip to the local store would do you no good as they will just point you to the phone number provided. The regular customer service (611) wouldn't be able to add this promotion either.

It does not eliminate unlimited nights and weekends. Essentially, it's the same as other plans except with a $20 discount, or credit if you prefer, for each line with a $29.99 (i.e., unlimited) data plan.
    Exactly! Let's make this clear: You're not changing your plan when you take part in this promotion. Your plan will still continue as it was and no changes will be shown within your account under the plan itself. You'll see a change where it states you're promotional details. You'll need to stay on a 900 minute single line plan in order to keep Friends and Family. For example, this is what my details shows.

Promotion details
    19% ACCESS DISCOUNT
    20% - FEATURE DISCOUNT
    TALK & TEXT PLUS DATA $20 DISC
    The two percentage discounts are from my corporate discount while the $20 discount is applied later on. My plan shows as $64.79 ( 19% off of $79.99) which would indicate that I'm still getting my discount.

I hope this helps anyone that's concerned.
    Last edited by Eclipse2K; 11-08-10 at 02:27 PM.
    11-08-10 02:19 PM
    After talking to 3 reps and a supervisor, they were great and added the promotion to my family plan:

I get 17% off my plan with 20% off features (which doesn't matter since data is wrapped in the plan now). I was paying 84 (primary line for 700 + unl texts) + 23.99 (unl data w/ 20% discount) + 9.99 (second line) + 29.99 for unl data = 147 and change.

Now I'll be paying: 91.30 (primary line including 1400 friends and family, unl data, unl texts) + 19.99 (second line with unl data) = 111 plus about 10 in tax...so 121. NOT BAD!
    11-08-10 02:25 PM
    Well perhaps I'll try calling one more time and I'll let ya know if they do it or not. I do have a question though when I talked to the verizon rep on the phone the first time she said that if I was qualified I would lose my 15% plan discount and my 20% data discount and I'm hearing that some of you are keeping it?

11-08-10 02:32 PM
174 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD