10-23-09 01:55 PM
131 ... 3456
tools
    hear you there! me loves my curve...
    I'm going to try OS 5.0 again since I have the week off.
    Interesting to see how that will go using Windows 7
    Oh... interesting revalation...
    BBDTM does not work on Office 2010 beta.
    didnt think it would but had to try.
    10-20-09 10:01 PM
    Did I say I really wanted more from my phone? I'll take my 2006 that works then risk some 2010 prototype with potentially more bugs than a Brazillian jungle. I despise touchscreens and I really dont care that an OS would give you 20 different ways to display a clock or whatnot.
    That's fine - and you're paying the same $30/mo that the people with more capability pay.

Better images

Better browsing

Better email rendering

Better camera

Better radio (fewer call issues)

Better data connection (fewer connection problems)

Better memory handling (fewer instances of low memory)

As I have said many times before & have alluded to in this thread - if you like it, wonderful - I am thrilled for you - but that doesn't make it the best, the most capable or the best deal. Compared to what is available now & very soon, no BlackBerry can compare. Not even close. Not the Tour, not the Bold & not the Storm 2. Essex, Atlas, you can name any of them - and they can't stand on their own.

Even the Storm 2 is behind the original iPhone in so many ways... but we have people here wetting their pants over it.

And interestingly, I find more bugs in Curve 83XX than I do on Imagio or Omnia 2. And both of those run faster. Later this week, I am supposed to be getting a Droid - I expect that to be better, too.

But you love your Curve - that is good...
    10-20-09 11:04 PM
    Pretty much....
    If you're willing to pay for a BlackBerry....

Why not get your moneys worth and pay for what a device can really...
    10-21-09 01:05 AM
    Okay guys... I'm not out to have a flamefest here. I am as anti iPhone as the next. I am excited for the Droid, in fact, I mentioned it to my starwars ubergeek boyfriend and based on the NAME he wants one.
    I would love the faster browsing, higher res, touchscreen with a keyboard option ect. This would probobly be the ONE phone that would get me to betray my blackberry. BUT, back to my post. I sent an email to some friends with the youtube link for the commercial. Two being iPhone users and I got an honestly "oh snap" response from one... and HERE it is...

iDont have a real keyboard neither does the HTC Mytouch or HTC Hero (both Android), neither does the BB Storm

iDont run simultaneous apps this is misleading, apps on the iPhone such as sms/mms, email, browser stay where you left them, whether it be the middle of an email/txt, or on a certain site on the browser (it also has push notifications running in the background to alert you when you have a new email, IM, sms/mms, or update to an app)

iDont take 5mp pics the HTC Mytouch and HTC Hero have 3.2mp, just like the iPhone

iDont customize the Android has the same customizations as the iPhone, position of icons, backgrounds, sounds

iDont run widgets and? You also dont have push notifications meaning if you get a message on Yahoo you have to exit another program and go into Yahoo to know it

iDont allow open development the iPhone has open development, Apple hosts and promotes your apps, and you get the majority of the profits from the app

iDont take pictures in the dark Im guessing you mean the iPhone doesnt have flash, neither do the other Android phones

iDont have interchangeable batteries the iPhone doesnt need one, the battery it has actually works

AAAAAAaaand Let the battle begin!!!!
    10-21-09 03:01 AM
    Heather, you do realize that the iDon't ad was for the Motorola Droid and not specifically the Android OS, right?

Why would the (non)features of phones other than the Droid or the iPhone have any relevance to the iDon't ad?

And as regards customization . . . every iPhone I've seen has the same grid layout of icons and basically the same default application view. I've seen quite a bit more in the way of layout selections on Android-based phones, at least in the Jesse/Whoopi/Phil ads
    10-21-09 06:29 AM
    Okay guys... I'm not out to have a flamefest here. I am as anti iPhone as the next. I am excited for the Droid, in fact, I mentioned it to my starwars ubergeek boyfriend and based on the NAME he wants one.
    I would love the faster browsing, higher res, touchscreen with a keyboard option ect. This would probobly be the ONE phone that would get me to betray my blackberry. BUT, back to my post. I sent an email to some friends with the youtube link for the commercial. Two being iPhone users and I got an honestly "oh snap" response from one... and HERE it is...

iDont have a real keyboard neither does the HTC Mytouch or HTC Hero (both Android), neither does the BB Storm

iDont run simultaneous apps this is misleading, apps on the iPhone such as sms/mms, email, browser stay where you left them, whether it be the middle of an email/txt, or on a certain site on the browser (it also has push notifications running in the background to alert you when you have a new email, IM, sms/mms, or update to an app)

iDont take 5mp pics the HTC Mytouch and HTC Hero have 3.2mp, just like the iPhone

iDont customize the Android has the same customizations as the iPhone, position of icons, backgrounds, sounds

iDont run widgets and? You also dont have push notifications meaning if you get a message on Yahoo you have to exit another program and go into Yahoo to know it

iDont allow open development the iPhone has open development, Apple hosts and promotes your apps, and you get the majority of the profits from the app

iDont take pictures in the dark Im guessing you mean the iPhone doesnt have flash, neither do the other Android phones

iDont have interchangeable batteries the iPhone doesnt need one, the battery it has actually works

AAAAAAaaand Let the battle begin!!!!

This is typical Iphone drivel, that people who are loyal to one platform uses.

Im starting to sound like twins with the bb.
    10-21-09 07:48 AM
    Heather, you do realize that the iDon't ad was for the Motorola Droid and not specifically the Android OS, right?

Why would the (non)features of phones other than the Droid or the iPhone have any relevance to the iDon't ad?

And as regards customization . . . every iPhone I've seen has the same grid layout of icons and basically the same default application view. I've seen quite a bit more in the way of layout selections on Android-based phones, at least in the Jesse/Whoopi/Phil ads
    I think what she's stating is that there are other phones that don't do all that same shat... Whats the biggest megapix on a bb? Exactly.
    They can attack the iphone all they want and its clever but anyone could say the same about 70% of the phones on verizon.
    10-21-09 07:54 AM
    Forgiveness requested in advance - but he did leave himself wide open...

Let's see...

What goes in, must come out.

-or-

You are what you eat.

-or-

I've heard some say you were full of ____. Now I know why.

I did indeed ask for it in advance
    And you are forgiven
    10-21-09 07:54 AM
    iDont have a real keyboard – neither does the HTC Mytouch or HTC Hero (both Android), neither does the BB Storm
    There is a difference between the OS & the device. How many device choices does iPhone offer? Oh yes, one.

iDont run simultaneous apps – this is misleading, apps on the iPhone such as sms/mms, email, browser stay where you left them, whether it be the middle of an email/txt, or on a certain site on the browser (it also has push notifications running in the background to alert you when you have a new email, IM, sms/mms, or update to an app)
    Those apps don't run in the background anymore than browser bookmarks run in the background. You can have a platform that does full multitasking, like WM, Android or Linux, where the UI supports multitasking - cascade windows, widgets, multiple simultaneously viewable applications. Or you can have a multitasking platform that runs apps in the background, cannot multitask in the UI, like BlackBerry - you must send one app to the background to view another. Or you can have a non-multitasking device that doesn't run more than one thing at a time, like a flip phone, various sliders, candybars or iPhone. If Heather's friends' points indicate an iPhone is a multitasking platform, then so is a Razr.

iDont take 5mp pics – the HTC Mytouch and HTC Hero have 3.2mp, just like the iPhone
    The Droid, Omnia2, Imagio, etc., as well as many dumbphones, have better.

iDont customize – the Android has the same customizations as the iPhone, position of icons, backgrounds, sounds
    A more accurate comparison is iPhone has about the same customization ability as BlackBerry or enV Touch. Lets see you prioritize windows, apps, icon screens, fonts & size on an iPhone like you can with Android, WM or Linux.
    iDont run widgets – and? You also don’t have push notifications meaning if you get a message on Yahoo you have to exit another program and go into Yahoo to know it
    Android does indeed have push notifications - not as powerful as WM's browser push, but it is there. You can view your messages without closing what you are currently looking at. You can even leave Yahoo open & running while you view images or Webpages. With iPhone, you have to close what you're doing to see your messages.

iDont allow open development – the iPhone has open development, Apple hosts and promotes your apps, and you get the majority of the profits from the app
    All apps have to be approved by Apple - this isn't open development, it is a controlled dictatorship. While we're at it, how many brands of phones are allowed to offer the iPhone platform?

iDont take pictures in the dark – I’m guessing you mean the iPhone doesn’t have flash, neither do the other Android phones
    iPhones don't take good pictures in the daylight either.

iDont have interchangeable batteries – the iPhone doesn’t need one, the battery it has actually works
    I prefer to carry an extra battery or two, rather than a charger. With iPhone, I cannot make it through the day without a change or charge. I cannot make it through the day on a BlackBerry without a battery change or charge, but I can change it. With my TP2 & Imagio, I can make it nearly two days AND swap batteries. I am confident Droid will be similar.

Exactly.

A ploy of those who don't have basis for an argument is they will try to deflect attention & will not argue the points as presented.

The end of the commercial states DROID DOES. While Android supports these things, while Apple doesn't, the commercial never said ALL ANDROID PHONES DO.

Tell your iPhone dummies to hold to the points & discuss Droid vs. iPhone - if they can't do that, then ask them why they have no choice in form factor, color, screen size - then ask them why a sizable percentage of their hosted apps deal with fake lighters, farts & other bodily noises.

I wonder if age & maturity plays into it?
    10-21-09 09:04 AM
    Yeah....

I was pretty much thinking the same thing as some others have stated...

Why were T-Mobile and Sprint phones brought into the conversation...

The iDon't add was strictly about Verizon's Droid...
    10-21-09 09:50 AM
    An article of note Google to provide it's own music service?
    Reports: Google to launch music service, phone
    10-21-09 10:53 AM
    @heather.law

Who exactly wrote you back and spewed that feces? None of what was said was in response to the actual commercial since it was about one specific device, not the entire OS. Thank you Twins for writing what you did in response to her post, it saves me the time but not the frustration.

@Trendy

Wired.com seemed to have a different take on what Google was planning with this audio service, made it sound more like a music search product. So far I'm seeing conflicting reports on what exactly it is going to be.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 12:10 PM

@Trendy

Wired.com seemed to have a different take on what Google was planning with this audio service, made it sound more like a music search product. So far I'm seeing conflicting reports on what exactly it is going to be.

Just thought I would throw out some food for thought since I read
    an article by a possible Apple fanboi stating that one that Apple has
    that no one can compete against is itunes.........

What some people want to ingore is that Google has a lot tied into it.
    This may be a game changer.
    If this device hits the market and runs flawlessly; hardware wise and software
    wise things are gonna get very interesting down the road.
    10-21-09 12:27 PM
    Wow that got the juices running.
    Please understand that my posting of my iPhone fanboy friends email was not ment to start harping on me personally. Honestly I just want a good platform and a phone that functions at least 90% of the time like everyone else. I also like to see what good debate can be posed to my brilliant collegues and friends here. That was NOT my opinion.
    Thanks to those who gave good commentary back regarding. I can't wait to send my friend this thread back with a well rounded "touche"
    Twinz you had great points and its something to keep in mind when I am eligible for my next upgrade and the choices I will make. This will be the first time EVER that I upgrade with thoughts of software instead of how "pretty" the hardware is.
    The next two years will be interesting regarding device choices and how we function with them, it is going to be quite exciting and frusterating at the same time to be sure.

10-21-09 01:47 PM
    Please understand that my posting of my iPhone fanboy friends email was not ment to start harping on me personally.
    My intent & any (falsely) perceived venom was directed at your fanboy friend & not toward you. I hope I made that distinction. If not, I am making it now & I apologize for any misinterpretations.

I like iPhone, but don't like fanboys of anything and I don't like Apple - at all.

Even though I like iPhone, I'd have difficulty justifying one as MY only phone.

10-21-09 01:53 PM
    Oh twinz I know u didn't mean intent tward me... I can tell when and where you direct hostilities.
    I was focused on others who don't post regularly and may have not fully read MY post and thought these were my words.

10-21-09 05:46 PM
    Just thought I would throw out some food for thought since I read
    an article by a possible Apple fanboi stating that one that Apple has
    that no one can compete against is itunes.........

What some people want to ingore is that Google has a lot tied into it.
    This may be a game changer.
    If this device hits the market and runs flawlessly; hardware wise and software
    wise things are gonna get very interesting down the road.
    Oh I hear ya, I received a tweet via my handset that got me thinking this new audio service might be a direct competitor to iTunes. I hope it is, any competition to iTunes would benefit us all.

@Heather.Law
    Sorry if I came across as lashing out at you, it was meant for your iPhone loving friend.

10-21-09 06:44 PM
    Oh I hear ya, I received a tweet via my handset that got me thinking this new audio service might be a direct competitor to iTunes. I hope it is, any competition to iTunes would benefit us all.

Ever hear of a little program called Rhapsody?

10-21-09 08:05 PM
    Ugh! Rhapsody is the spawn of satan...
    @cenloe
    No worries...

10-21-09 09:32 PM
    Ugh! Rhapsody is the spawn of satan...
    @cenloe
    No worries...

Not to be way off topic here; Rhapsody gives u 25 free listens per month.
    Or u can subscribe.
    Now if someone would invent one of those software programs where u can record from your computer while u listen. Wow......... but a program
    like that is really not possible

We know you're a sweetheart Heather
    10-21-09 09:42 PM
    but a program
    like that is really not possible
    Its not ?

10-21-09 10:36 PM
    Its not ?

Now u know better than I...........
    10-21-09 10:53 PM
    Here is a quick page grab for you...

How do I Record Streaming Media Files?
    10-22-09 12:59 AM
    I would like to see Google take charge with the music service. Rhapsody is a piece of junk compared to iTunes. I do use Rhapsody and I agree it is the dawn of satan.

Google's technology and innovation implemented into a music service would be a great addition to VZW and the Android platform. That's just one more thing they will know about us... lol
    10-22-09 01:09 AM
    Here's a link to a bit more info on the new Google music rumor.

Google croons a tune with song sales - USATODAY.com

10-22-09 01:47 AM
131 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD