10-23-09 01:55 PM
131 ... 23456
tools
    The BlackBerry has become a commodity, a status symbol, and pretty much because its a dumb smartphone, anyone can pick it up and use it... And this is where I jump off the bandwagon...

Smartphones with features are a little too much for the typical consumer, so they turn to whats popular and easy to use. When old ladies, rednecks and freshman highschool girls start being able to use a phone... Its probably out of date...

...this is really just a rough generalization of what i'm seeing, i'm just too lazy to type out my message in detail...
    10-20-09 06:15 AM
    The BlackBerry has become a commodity, a status symbol, and pretty much because its a dumb smartphone, anyone can pick it up and use it... And this is where I jump off the bandwagon...

Smartphones with features are a little too much for the typical consumer, so they turn to whats popular and easy to use. When old ladies, rednecks and freshman highschool girls start being able to use a phone... Its probably out of date...

...this is really just a rough generalization of what i'm seeing, i'm just too lazy to type out my message in detail...
    Your descrip sounds a little closer to iphone users than bb users but I understand what you're saying. But what's the point in trying to have the most difficult to use device?
    10-20-09 07:31 AM
    But what's the point in trying to have the most difficult to use device?
    Nothing was said about using the most difficult device - the point is that BlackBerrys & iPhones are smartphones for dummies. There isn't much to figure out because they are not capable of much.

Regular phone: Bicycle

Smartphone: BMW M3 with 6 speed manual

BlackBerry: White Toyota Corolla with 3 speed auto & factory alloy wheels

iPhone: Black Honda Civic - slammed with coffee can exhaust tip

They sure sell a lot of Corollas & I certainly see a lot of flatulent kiddie Hondas on the road. I love humiliating the latter with my Caddy. Aw shoot - I love humiliating BMWs with my Caddy.

The iPhone made smartphones cool. BlackBerry became the iPhone alternative for those not on AT&T or who wanted a physical keyboard. The techies, geeks & power users sniff & snicker at both. More & more, with better WM, along with ever improving/available Android & Linux devices, you can have more performance without needing a degree or a case of aspirin.
    10-20-09 08:30 AM
    Nothing was said about using the most difficult device - the point is that BlackBerrys & iPhones are smartphones for dummies. There isn't much to figure out because they are not capable of much.

They sure sell a lot of Corollas & I certainly see a lot of flatulent kiddie Hondas on the road. I love humiliating the latter with my Caddy. Aw shoot - I love humiliating BMWs with my Caddy.

The iPhone made smartphones cool. BlackBerry became the iPhone alternative for those not on AT&T or who wanted a physical keyboard. The techies, geeks & power users sniff & snicker at both. More & more, with better WM, along with ever improving/available Android & Linux devices, you can have more performance without needing a degree or a case of aspirin.
    Its actually a 5 speed...
    I see what you're sayin for the "power users" times are changing and they are looking at the improving droid/linux/wm devices for better performance/quality/reliability than a bb.
    10-20-09 11:13 AM
    Was testing out the Droid today at work, and it really is a premium device. I was going from app to app and it was flying through faster than a blackberry, or windows mobile phones. There was no lag what-so-ever. I opened Google Maps and as soon as I opened it, my position was marked on the map so the GPS is quick. The games pre-loaded are pretty fun to get you started. What really amazed me most though was the speed. The keyboard is a little off center but it didnt bother me when I opened the keyboard. The one thing I did notice is that when I was in the web browser unless you slide the keyboard out it wont tilt to landscape mode.. Not sure if the device doesnt have an accelerometer or if it just doesnt work with the built in browser so no landscape viewing without sliding the keyboard. Has anyone decoded the release date on the Droiddoes.com website? If you didnt know thats what those Alien flipping symbols are at the bottom. If you decode it you'll see how long until the release date. For those on the fence of the Android its a really solid phone (literally its pretty heavy for its small stature) feels like it was made out of solid steel. It blazes through anything you throw at it, I was literally opening an app, going to the homescreen without closing and opening another app for about 8 applications and it never slowed down, never received an hour glass or spinning window. It seems as though the Android OS is pretty well configured. Can't wait to see what you guys think of it.
    10-20-09 12:27 PM
    Was testing out the Droid today at work, and it really is a premium device. (snip)
    Is it a world phone? I can't tell from the pictures at BGR
    10-20-09 01:19 PM

Wrong way wrong; LMMFAO.............
    10-20-09 01:44 PM
    This Droid has me thinking
    Heck I may even wait til Jan.
    It's more fun shopping than buying
    by that time all of the phones should be on the floor.
    Last edited by TrendyProfessional1; 10-20-09 at 02:01 PM.
    10-20-09 01:48 PM
    Its actually a 5 speed...
    Hey now - I didn't mention what YEAR of boring little FWD transportation module.

I love the Japanese - I hate their little four-wheeled rice burners.
    10-20-09 02:25 PM
    @AFAngryWarrior

If you view the XML for droiddoes.com it shows Midnight Oct 30th
    I would say that's when it will be announced and it will be released sometime in November. I read on an Android blog that someone googled droiddoes.com and it said coming November 6th. Can't remember which blog.

As for why it's so fast, this is its processor: OMAP 3 Processors - OMAP3430
    10-20-09 02:48 PM
    I'm really surprised how information has been kept so sealed regarding this device if there really is a 10/30 announce 11/6 launch. With blackberries we have pictures months in advance..
    10-20-09 02:50 PM
    I'm really surprised how information has been kept so sealed regarding this device if there really is a 10/30 announce 11/6 launch. With blackberries we have pictures months in advance..
    Thats cuz people care about blackberry's
    10-20-09 03:00 PM
    The "secrecy" isn't really secrecy @ RIM. All of the spyshots & such are sanctioned by them in an attempt to keep people from jumping ship to another brand. They feign secrecy, while sending out devices to those they know will spread word.

Now there are winds that the S2 may actually be delayed by VZW because of quality & OS problems. One of my VZW sources confirms a delay, but has an additional theory as to why the delay is coming - VZW thinks the release will be overshadowed (he used the word crushed) by Droid & Omnia2.

Personally, I can see all of the issues causing a delay. The S2 is a real load of diaper filler & only the most hopeless RIM fan would choose it over Droid, Omnia2, Imagio or several other touchy-feelies coming soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 03:04 PM
    The "secrecy" isn't really secrecy @ RIM. All of the spyshots & such are sanctioned by them in an attempt to keep people from jumping ship to another brand. They feign secrecy, while sending out devices to those they know will spread word.

Now there are winds that the S2 may actually be delayed by VZW because of quality & OS problems. One of my VZW sources confirms a delay, but has an additional theory as to why the delay is coming - VZW thinks the release will be overshadowed (he used the word crushed) by Droid & Omnia2.

Personally, I can see all of the issues causing a delay. The S2 is a real load of diaper filler & only the most hopeless RIM fan would choose it over Droid, Omnia2, Imagio or several other touchy-feelies coming soon.

I like many will be eating that diaper fill my the handful
    10-20-09 03:07 PM

Very believeable; there are a lot of devices already out or are coming out
    that will take a lot of S2's luster. They are even posting about them and
    comparing in the S2 forums
    10-20-09 03:21 PM
    We all have our prefrences; if they would have made the screen bigger
    with a higher resolution. That is my one disappointment with the S2
    10-20-09 03:31 PM
    Forgiveness requested in advance - but he did leave himself wide open...

Let's see...

What goes in, must come out.

-or-

You are what you eat.

-or-

I've heard some say you were full of ____. Now I know why.

10-20-09 03:43 PM
    Twin u are wrong; and u mentioned more touchy feelies coming.
    Big screen touchy feelies with hig res?
    More droid to come ?
    Hummmmmmmm
    10-20-09 03:49 PM
    Twin u are wrong; and u mentioned more touchy feelies coming.
    Big screen touchy feelies with hig res?
    More droid to come ?
    Hummmmmmmm
    ummmmmmmm, no comment

You really like touchy feelies, don't you?
    10-20-09 04:03 PM
    ummmmmmmm, no comment

You really like touchy feelies, don't you?
    Thanks for your answer......................
    Yeah I do..................ROFL
    Especially new ones I could use a harem
    10-20-09 05:21 PM
    will people be willing to give up their iphone?

10-20-09 05:30 PM
    will people be willing to give up their iphone?

Thats the million dollar question.

The honest answer is yes.

VZW got it right, it is all about the network, and if they can come up with something that will attract the human eye like the storm did, but have the performance of the iphone, they will take back a lot of the market.

Droid is looking like vzw finally gets it, you have to take down apple, not at&t, unless you want to join them.

The only way that'll happen, is if this phone doesnt beat the iphone, and I think that is something google will make sure of.
    10-20-09 06:13 PM
    Just don't say what you just said in the presence of iFans. You'll cause their pimples to pop.

10-20-09 06:27 PM
    Take that iPhone!
    ppppppfffft!
    10-20-09 09:39 PM
    It is awesome in 2006 terms. Compared with what we currently have available, it is crap. There are feature phones that do more.
    Did I say I really wanted more from my phone? I'll take my 2006 that works then risk some 2010 prototype with potentially more bugs than a Brazillian jungle. I despise touchscreens and I really dont care that an OS would give you 20 different ways to display a clock or whatnot.
    10-20-09 09:44 PM
131 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD