Eligible for an upgrade, wondering if anything is coming out in the near future, any brand, any OS.
    03-20-11 11:48 PM
    I just got the HTC Thunderbolt and it's easily the best phone I've ever used. I never realized how awesome HTC Sense (The operating system that runs with Android) was until I used it.
    03-20-11 11:50 PM
    Thought about it, reports of shoddy battery life and the fact that 4g isnt available in my immediate area just yet are pushing me away.
    03-21-11 12:00 AM
    Thought about it, reports of shoddy battery life and the fact that 4g isnt available in my immediate area just yet are pushing me away.
    I have 4G but I'm in an expanded area so I usually stay on 3G 99% of the time. The nice thing about the Thunderbolt is that I'm able to surf the web and talk at the same time while on 3G. I was surprised as I thought that would only work with 4G. The battery life is short but I'm sure it'll get better over time. I'm trying the battery cycling at the moment and it appears to be lasting a bit longer this time around.
    Last edited by Eclipse2K; 03-21-11 at 12:20 AM.
    03-21-11 12:18 AM
    can you comment on specific battery life?
    03-21-11 11:58 AM
    can you comment on specific battery life?
    I'm sorry for not responding sooner as I forgot all about this thread. I can't really comment on my battery life because I have only had it for a short amount of time. However, it's no where near as bad as it was on the day of purchase. I've done a bump charge which appears to have increased the battery life. I can personally make it through a day on a battery but than it will need to be charged again. The main battery hog appears to be the display though as that tends to always show as 70% or greater within the battery manager. I don't have any automatic updates of Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Weather, etc. running at any time which greatly improves my battery life. One recommendation from many people is to lower the brightness to 30% but I tend to stick with automatic brightness which does in fact drain the battery.

One note - I'm on 3G most of the time but I do leave Wi-Fi on quite a bit and the battery lasts almost as long as my Droid 2 does. I've heard that 4G will drain the battery at a high rate but I can't comment on that personally. One thing I will say is my phone does search and grab a 4G signal quite often and it has trouble keeping it because the tower is a mile or two away. I may be wrong but I believe this would indeed drain my battery quicker because it's not a consistent signal.
    03-23-11 04:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD