I have been with T-Mobile for awhile. I am currently using an unlocked BB Bold. Love the phone, but I do not love T-Mobile. I recently went on a business trip and the coverage was terrible! My phone only worked about 50% of the time. Not good! So I am cancelling my T-Mobile account and have already ordered a new line of service from Verizon online. Phone should be here Tuesday. I got the Pearl. I want something small so I figured the Pearl would be perfect. When though are the new BB's coming out on Verizon, specifically the Pearl flip? That's the phone I really want! Thanks!
    05-17-09 05:17 PM
    the BB Tour is coming out mid july (unofficially). Check the device forums under Tour 9630 for details...

The 2nd generation storm is also coming as well. But this is slightly further down the pip, however, some reports have them coming out closer together than one might think. In the end, its a waiting game... Either way, in July we will know more
    05-17-09 05:21 PM
    No one knows for sure. any answer you get here is going to be purely speculation.
    05-17-09 05:24 PM
    No one knows for sure. any answer you get here is going to be purely speculation.
    Exactly - and anyone who quotes speculation as fact is acting foolishly.

You can always check the CrackBerry portal. There are all sorts of speculative articles on upcoming devices on those pages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 05:35 PM
    the tour is not speculation LOL! dont give this guy misguided information despite the phone not showing up on RIM or vz's website. It has it own forum on here for a reason!
    05-17-09 07:21 PM
    I think the question was about the Pearl Flip coming to VZW, which hasn't yet been confirmed.

05-17-09 07:26 PM
    i saw a flyer from verizon some where on the web with the pearl 2 saying it was coming soon...
    05-17-09 08:54 PM
    i saw a flyer from verizon some where on the web with the pearl 2 saying it was coming soon...
    Very soon - it has launched on Alltel as the 8230, which means even those who are still slated to roll into VZW can get it today.

Personally, I find it worthless. Then again, I thought the Pearl always was, with its small screen & demonic keyboard. My hands are too large & my eyes (even with advanced surgeries) are too old. Many disagree with my assessment of the first BlackBerry device for teeny-boppers & soccer-moms - if you do, fine, but I can't stand it - your mileage may vary.

And oh - no WiFi & it looks like no autonomous GPS, so we may have more for the whiners to go ballistic over.
    05-17-09 09:09 PM
    dont like any kind of pearl varients so I do agree. So basically whether it has wifi or GPS.... I could care less. The pearl line is not a flagship device in my eyes
    05-17-09 09:11 PM
    Very soon - it has launched on Alltel as the 8230, which means even those who are still slated to roll into VZW can get it today.

Personally, I find it worthless. Then again, I thought the Pearl always was, with its small screen & demonic keyboard. My hands are too large & my eyes (even with advanced surgeries) are too old. Many disagree with my assessment of the first BlackBerry device for teeny-boppers & soccer-moms - if you do, fine, but I can't stand it - your mileage may vary.

And oh - no WiFi & it looks like no autonomous GPS, so we may have more for the whiners to go ballistic over.
    I thoroughly enjoyed my Pearl. I guess for a guy I have somewhat small hands so the keyboard was not an issue but I can see how it would be an issue.
    It was great to finally have a BB with a camera so I only needed to carry one device. I had the 7130 before that so I was used to suretype.

For my situation, it was the perfect device.

05-17-09 10:11 PM
    If you have a computer at work, you just need a small device to receive when you're out and using a small device is practical when you're talking, going out... I miss mine.
    05-17-09 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD