They are doing follow up calls after a new device is purchased a replacement is sent..? I have been with the big red for years and never got a call. Seemed odd. Maybe they have a new dept now handling customer service inquiries with new devices or replacements.

Conversation went well though.

VZW people any info on this
    09-04-09 03:47 PM
    Don't know about replacements, but for several years they have called within a week of ordering a new device. They ask how we like the device & offer operational assistance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 04:10 PM
    We try to do follow up call on every new phone that we sell just to make sure that it is still working out okay. replacements phones however do not trigger a call normally.
    09-04-09 04:13 PM
    I have been with Verizon for over 12 years and never been called after a new device purchase. That must be like WSJ poll or the other political polls that I have never been called for. Oh well....
    09-04-09 04:13 PM
    That's ok mmcconaughy....I've never rated high enough to get the call either! Apparently, VZW doesn't care if we like our phones. We have not been the chosen ones! LOL

09-05-09 07:09 AM
    They are doing follow up calls after a new device is purchased a replacement is sent..?

VZW people any info on this
    Are you saying you received a phone call after receiving a replacement for a recently purchased phone?

I know VZW is making phone calls on behalf of the NPS surveys these days.
    09-05-09 07:30 AM
    The call you got was a "NPS survey" 9s and 10s are considered promoters for the employee that helped you. Anything less isnt the greatest for us.
    09-05-09 01:21 PM
    Its sad they take the NPS out on the employee. Especially when the issue was not w/ the rep.
    09-05-09 03:20 PM
    Are you saying you received a phone call after receiving a replacement for a recently purchased phone?

I know VZW is making phone calls on behalf of the NPS surveys these days.

Thx for the replies all

Yes I had a replacement sent to me. NIB. Person from local store called me..
    09-05-09 03:29 PM
    Its sad they take the NPS out on the employee. Especially when the issue was not w/ the rep.

I agree. As much as we explain to our customers that the NPS is a direct report of basically how you were treated in the store (at least that is how it is scored) and when someone complains about dropping a call we get held accountable for it. Like its my fault that they were driving down the street and their phone had a "hiccup"
    09-05-09 04:22 PM
    I never got a phone call asking how my new device was working when I got it in june of this year I did not know they did ,,,but know I do after reading this thread "wtf" LoL oh its working fine btw

09-05-09 04:38 PM
    I agree. As much as we explain to our customers that the NPS is a direct report of basically how you were treated in the store (at least that is how it is scored) and when someone complains about dropping a call we get held accountable for it. Like its my fault that they were driving down the street and their phone had a "hiccup"
    Well of course it's your fault.

Its your fault the battery doesn't last 6 weeks

Its your fault their Storm is laggy.

Its your fault their Tour's screen has ripples.

Its your fault they went over their minutes.

Its your fault you didn't twist their arm to buy insurance the day before they dropped their phone.

Its your fault gasoline isn't a dollar a gallon.

Its your fault they didn't pay their bills.

Its your fault their credit sucks.

Its your fault they can't get a subsidized new phone every month.

Its your fault their service was disconnected.

Get with the program! It is always YOUR fault, except when it is Weekendbum's fault!

09-05-09 05:12 PM
    Its not new. They do this for everyone with a pda/blackberry-at least in the northeast. Sometimes people gettin clnr devices get calls too.

09-05-09 07:49 PM
    What's even more sad is the one question survey, by the way it is worded, has nothing to do with the rep itself, but amongst everything else we have to cover in our time with the customer, we have to explain to them that it is really supposed to be a survey about us personally.
    09-05-09 09:07 PM
    Been with Verizon for years and have never got a call about a phone.
    09-05-09 11:23 PM
    Been with Verizon for years and have never got a call about a phone.
    same here.

i got a call 3 days after i activated my first phone when i was in San Diego, but after that, nothing. I have had no less than 12 CLNR devices, either in store, or shipped to me, and i dont get em.

maybe its cause im an employee... but I havent heard of such a campaign.

it could exist...

or it might now...

maybe we should get mulder and scully on the case!
    09-08-09 11:50 AM
    I got a friendly email after my Storm but that's it. When I send email inquiries however, I always get a call back within 24 hours. Very helpful.
    09-08-09 12:13 PM
    Never have I received a call when getting a new phone, EVER. I do get the nice letter
    If there is something that is really wrong with the account they follow up, which is nice.
    09-08-09 12:21 PM
    Could be something they do randomly?
    09-08-09 01:21 PM
    Thats what I was thinkin like 1 in every x customers get a courtesy call?
    09-08-09 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD