I downloaded the new version of the software update about 2 hours ago but it seems to be lagging a lot right now.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 07:44 PM
    I downloaded the new version of the software update about 2 hours ago but it seems to be lagging a lot right now.

Posted via CB10
    New software will always lag as it readjusts to where all your files are and what not. give it 24hrs or so
    07-26-13 07:48 PM
    I've heard the initial lag is typical.

However, does anyone know why I would get 2 updates -back to back?
    I checked for an update and it pulled down 346MB. It began the install and rebooted at 4MB. I checked the software update and found it had a button showing "resume update". So I did. It got to about 272MB and popped up a message saying it needed to reboot, so I clicked reboot.
    After the reboot, the OS showed v10.1.0.2039. I then got another update notification. When I clicked on open, it said a 551MB update (10.1.0.2039 Application Update) was available. WTH?? Is this normal?
    I chose to update, but I'm not sure if I should of.
    Any ideas?
    07-26-13 08:03 PM
    When I installed the Verizon update it lagged at first and got a lot smoother over time. Works great now!
    07-26-13 08:14 PM

I checked for an update and it pulled down 346MB. It began the install and rebooted at 4MB. I checked the software update and found it had a button showing "resume update". So I did. It got to about 272MB and popped up a message saying it needed to reboot, so I clicked reboot.
    After the reboot, the OS showed v10.1.0.2039. I then got another update notification. When I clicked on open, it said a 551MB update (10.1.0.2039 Application Update) was available. WTH?? Is this normal?
    Any ideas?
    I think updating again was the right decision. Mine fully downloaded and updated before asking me to reboot.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 08:31 PM

Any ideas?
    This is because you deleted an app that comes pre installed with BB10 like LinkedIn, Box, or a Verizon app like MyVerizon or the contacts backup one. However, 551MB is a lot of an application update.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 04:58 AM
    I did the update on my phone last night on my computer and it only took about 45 minutes to do the download and install of the update and my phone runs faster then the original os and my battery life has improved by at least 50% that I can tell as of now

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 11:18 PM
    Mine is faster but has anyone noticed keyboard lag while typing? I figured that was a thing of the past with the legacy devices, now seems like OS 10.1has it slightly. Why can't BlackBerry make a device without keyboard lag? Frustrating as all hell.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 03:34 PM
    I haven't noticed any difference in my keyboard at all and I use mine heavily for everything and it is as fast as all the iPhone and Android devices that I have owned

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 04:35 PM
    Lag??? No way. I'm in so much love with 10.1 cant believe how much we were really missing

Posted via my awesome Z10
    07-28-13 06:37 PM
    Super smooth. No lag. While we waited awhile, this update is great. Yes, I did use leaks, but this official update is so smmoth, that I'm debating whether to continue to try leaks or just go offical.
    07-28-13 06:42 PM
    Anyone having issues with BBM? It's often taking 5 minutes for the "D" to appear on a sent message. Any reason why it would be doing this?

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 07:38 PM
    Well I did a restart and the lag went away. Dunno why the lag, but it was during heavy text messaging. All seems good again.

Posted via CB10
    nyzfinestdomini likes this.
    07-28-13 08:24 PM
    This OS has been pretty solid for me. I have been on the same charge all day! Still got like 10% left! Only a slight lag when going from active frames to the icons and little hitches here and there, but that has occurred in all the OS' I have tried... But over all this Verizon 10.1 works well!
    07-28-13 11:23 PM
    I still continue to have no payment service connection available from settings or from BlackBerry World. Also notice a much longer lag when changing notification setting to calls only from normal. Screen goes blank then black then responds. Otherwise everything seems peachy!

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 12:19 AM
    I still continue to have no payment service connection available from settings or from BlackBerry World. Also notice a much longer lag when changing notification setting to calls only from normal. Screen goes blank then black then responds. Otherwise everything seems peachy!

Posted via CB10
    The Payment option doesn't work for me either... maybe try to buy something and then you can edit your payment options before you are about to purchase..
    07-29-13 11:17 AM