03-24-12 08:20 PM
82 ... 234
tools
    Wow. Mine changed too.

Really I don't get the point of this thread.
    03-21-12 10:32 AM
    Wow. Mine changed too.

Really I don't get the point of this thread.
    +1 The numbers without the interpretations as to what changed is rather pointless.
    03-21-12 01:48 PM
    valid point...just wanted to point out that it changed but I'm not really sure what it means
    03-21-12 06:04 PM
    From Verizon

Verizon Wireless is constantly making advancements in our roaming technology to provide you with superior roaming capabilities. By updating your Preferred Roaming List, you will have access to these enhancements, which may include:

Longer battery life
    Fewer dropped or blocked calls
    Clear, crisp connection in even more areas across the United States
    Ability to connect to the digital network in more parts of the country

So basically, you don't need to understand the numbers or what changed. Just understand that Verizon made changes and when the numbers change it has been updated.
    03-24-12 06:19 PM
    Updated to 52686 here in MD
    03-24-12 06:22 PM
    From Verizon

Verizon Wireless is constantly making advancements in our roaming technology to provide you with superior roaming capabilities. By updating your Preferred Roaming List, you will have access to these enhancements, which may include:

Longer battery life
    Fewer dropped or blocked calls
    Clear, crisp connection in even more areas across the United States
    Ability to connect to the digital network in more parts of the country
    Talk about BS. Unless you are roaming on other systems that VZW has just added to their Extended Network, updating the PRL doesn't accomplish anything in 99.9% of the cases. In rare cases they will do something like tweak the channels for EV-DO, and having the update would help there. OTOH, updating doesn't usually hurt, unless the change is to REMOVE roaming coverage like they did with respect to Sprint some years ago.
    03-24-12 08:05 PM
  7. T
    Talk about BS. Unless you are roaming on other systems that VZW has just added to their Extended Network, updating the PRL doesn't accomplish anything in 99.9% of the cases. In rare cases they will do something like tweak the channels for EV-DO, and having the update would help there. OTOH, updating doesn't usually hurt, unless the change is to REMOVE roaming coverage like they did with respect to Sprint some years ago.
    Okay, but what does it mean the provider "refreshes" a device on the network? I'm on Sprint, and I called to complain about poor signal in my home area. Customer service "refreshed" my device on the network, and my signal was remarkably improved. What did they do?
    03-24-12 08:20 PM
82 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD