This weekend my fiance upgraded from a Curve 8330 to a Curve 8530, and took her off her parents family plan, changed my plant to a family one and added her phone to my plan. I transferred everything from her 8330 to the 8530 and put the 2GB card in the new phone. I can see the ringtones (which she bought from VZW Tones, ugh, don't get me started. I made sure to let her know that this is the end of buying them from there) but none of them play. I figured we could download them again, but when I log into my account and select her number, none of her downloads show up.

Is there anyway to redownload these friggin things without paying for them, again? I hate VZW Tones.
    07-13-10 08:58 AM
    I wouldnt worry about it? Im pretty sure you cant transfer ringtones from a different device though. She paid like a dollar for them at least a year ago(depending on when she got the phone or the ringtones.)
    07-13-10 10:29 AM
    Can you save the tunes to a computer and use a program to edit them or open them with and then rename it and put back on the bb? Don't know if it would work or not.
    07-13-10 10:35 AM
    I wouldnt worry about it? Im pretty sure you cant transfer ringtones from a different device though. She paid like a dollar for them at least a year ago(depending on when she got the phone or the ringtones.)
    They're actually like $3 a piece, total ******* ripoff. I'll be damned if she buys anymore from there. I told her, I'll buy the actual song from Amazon for $1 and make the ringtone on Myxer for her. This is even more reason to not get them from there. Pay $3 for a 20 second clip of a song that only works on one phone, **** that.
    07-13-10 10:52 AM
    Actually if you scour the Internet you can find free ones.
    07-13-10 11:28 AM
    I know this. I just want to know if it feasible to use that ones that she already PAID for.
    07-13-10 11:35 AM
    I thought i answered that? If not, no you cant.
    07-13-10 11:37 AM
    If you take the phone to a VZW indirect store (A Verizon store not owned by Verizon), they should have a transfer machine there that can transfer the ringtones. We've had about a 50/50 chance with our machine when it comes to ringtones, so it wouldn't hurt for you to visit an Indirect at least.

And if it doesn't work, then Amazon MP3 it is!
    07-13-10 11:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD