I currently have a Blackberry Pearl with the Blackberry plan and Tethering. I have now retired and do not need the Blackberry services, email, music, camera, etc. What I do need is as follows:

1) We travel a lot outside of cities so I need a phone with GREAT reception.

2) A good speaker phone is a must.

3) the ability to connect to Mobil broadband for tethering is a must.

There seems to be a lot of choices, is there one that will give me these features and I can use the $9.99 data plan instead of the $29 plan?
    02-28-10 11:53 AM
    Best thing to do is visit a store and check out the live phones. Teathering a regular phone is more than what you are paying now, but I am sure there is device which will fit your needs and run on the 9.99 data plan. Again tethering is extra.

Here is a link that might help Broadband Connect
    02-28-10 06:16 PM
    You may be better off just getting a regular cell phone from Verizon, and then getting an aircard from either MyCriket, OR if you want to make the jump to 4G, look in to Clear (or Sprint's 4G/3G service), which you may be able to get cheaper from your cable company, as Comcast, Cablevision, Cox, etc are reselling it and discounting it IF you already have cable with them.
    02-28-10 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD