Got an 8130 on craigslist. Can't activate it on my account. How do I get the ESN cleaed?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 08:13 AM
    contact the person who sold it to you. Be sure its not stolen... They'd have to call and have it cleared.

08-28-09 08:18 AM
    if they owe a balance it will not be cleared until its paid, or like heather said it could be stolen. Hope you get a resolution.
    08-28-09 08:31 AM
    Just incase you can't contact the person jus call your carrier, let them kno you bought a BB off someone and want to activated, have them call RIM and see if they do anything...my cousin did this and it worked for him, he was a lucky one but u never kno you might get lucky also..
    08-28-09 08:37 AM
    Even if you call, if the phone is active on another account there is nothing a rep can do. I don't know what calling RIM would do if the phone is on a VZW plan they won't be able to do anything...
    08-28-09 08:38 AM
    I didn't tell u guys about a call kinda relates to this on monday.
    Sweet irish lady calling for help activating her aircard... It wouldt ota activate but would manually activate kept giving 691 error...
    Soooo I started an esn refresh... But when I put the esn back it said it was already in use... I was like WTF.
    So I scanned the esn and it was active on somone elses line... She got it at bestbuy... They had activated it for someone else and her too... The other line was active and being billed... Again I was like WTF...
    I called the bestbuy who insisted they couldn't have done that... Riiiight.
    They agreed to exchange it for her though... That's why its good to verify the esn

08-28-09 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD