Im just curious about activating a new phone, and sorry if this has been asked before, BUT. I'm on the family plan and i was curious if i were to "activate" a new line and put the Tour on it, would that count as "new activation"? So then i would be able to get the tour for 199.99 as im already ON a two year contract (with a year and a half left)? As the ad's say with new activation and 2 year contract? Sorry if this has been asked before, or no one knows the answer, aaand i should just call them and ask? Or im guessing thats totally wrong and i have to extend my contract for 2 more years haha.
    06-29-09 07:55 PM
    Yes, you can add a line for 9.99 to the plan. This line will have a 2 year contract.
    06-29-09 08:09 PM
    Yea it's a way to get a Tour cheaply, BUT you then have to pay 10 a month for 2 years. You could also put a dummy phone on the second line and give it to one of your relatives as an emergency phone.
    06-29-09 08:46 PM
    Welp we have 4 lines now. Is it 175 to cancel a contract per phone line or per account? So would i end up owing 580.00 total for the 4 lines, ooor 145.00 (as im 6 months into my 2 year) for the entire plan to be canceled and start over fresh with a new 2 year with just one line? Aaas my parents want to go back to a local cell phone company and i want to stay with verizon, and for the Tour as well.
    06-29-09 08:55 PM
    ETF is a[[lied to each line cancelled. Also each line per month into the conrtact will have the ETF reduced per month into the contract. The min etf would be $60 per line
    06-29-09 09:19 PM
    I have another question regarding family plans. My wife has an upgrade available in July and our 5th line was activated without buying a phone. Can I (account holder) use one of the upgrades to buy the Tour? Or would I have to add BB data to another line? I'm the only BB on the account and no other line wants/needs a BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 09:42 PM
    You should be able to with no problem, you have to sign a new contract for the data plan.
    06-29-09 09:44 PM
    I don't want another 30 bucks a month. That's the only hold up.

06-29-09 09:49 PM
    Just to clarify would you have the Storm and the Tour? Or just the Tour?
    06-29-09 09:52 PM
    I don't want another 30 bucks a month. That's the only hold up.

Gotta pay to play
    06-29-09 09:52 PM
    I would like to have just the Tour. Its not really important. Just seeing if it can be done.

06-29-09 09:56 PM
    You should be able to transfer any upgrade to another account!!! BUT if you use the upgrade on a line that doesnt have a data plan(ie the blackberry data plan) it would have to be added! Any smartphone through verizon HAS to have a data plan!
    06-29-09 10:17 PM
    You should be able to transfer any upgrade to another account!!! BUT if you use the upgrade on a line that doesnt have a data plan(ie the blackberry data plan) it would have to be added! Any smartphone through verizon HAS to have a data plan!
    I know that smartphones need a data plan. I was hoping to take my Storm off the account and put the Tour on. There fore there would be just 1 data plan if possible. But I guess not.

06-29-09 10:43 PM
    I know that smartphones need a data plan. I was hoping to take my Storm off the account and put the Tour on. There fore there would be just 1 data plan if possible. But I guess not.

That would work, you just have to leave the line active at 9.95 a month, or put a dummy phone on it. You could then switch between the Storm & the Tour on the line that has data. Or just put the Storm in a drawer (or sell it)
    06-29-09 11:29 PM
    I'm not adding a line. Already have 5. Just want to use the upgrade for my line.

06-30-09 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD