We have been downloading ringtones and sending the as a mms to our kids phones because of the restrictions that myxer and verizon have put on sending ringtones to their type of phones. Well last nite we was downloading some tones and saved them to our phones (both blackberry devices)and when we went to send them to the kids the option to send a mms, email or any send as option was gone. Just allowed to set as ringtone . I went to the file properties and there was a lock symbol and said forward locked. Anyone else noticed this? Anyone know a workaround to enable forwards?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 10:25 AM
    I just checked my phone. I can send via MMS.
    04-28-09 10:32 AM
    Let me clarify that these are just ringtones downloaded from myxer and it just started in the past week or so. I can still send other ringtones but it seems to be a restriction myxer is adding to their files

04-28-09 10:39 AM
    Think of it as DRM for ringtones.

04-28-09 10:56 AM
    Oh ok I just read bout that in another thread. I just didn't link the two together. Thanks for the info

04-28-09 12:47 PM
    We have been downloading ringtones and sending the as a mms to our kids phones because of the restrictions that myxer and verizon have put on sending ringtones to their type of phones. Well last nite we was downloading some tones and saved them to our phones (both blackberry devices)and when we went to send them to the kids the option to send a mms, email or any send as option was gone. Just allowed to set as ringtone . I went to the file properties and there was a lock symbol and said forward locked. Anyone else noticed this? Anyone know a workaround to enable forwards?

I'm surprised it's been working for you. I know a while back I was given the message that Verizon had restricted ringtones from that website. I've since been using Free Ringtones from Phonezoo: Make and Download Free Ringtones, Free Mobile Wallpaper and Free Mobile Games and it works just like Myxer. You can even set the ringtones to be viewed by the public, your friends, or just yourself.

Hope this helps.

-Liv
    04-29-09 12:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD