So i obviously want the new Curve from VZW, but the problem is i just got my pearl about 3 months ago. I was curious if i changed my GF's line to a BB data plan if it would enable me to get the curve for the discount price rather than the full retail price.????? Anybody have any clues as to whether that would work. Thanks!
    04-02-08 02:39 PM
    I believe it would depend on whether your girlfriend's line was eligible for the "new every 2" discount. I'd just call customer service and ask.
    04-02-08 03:24 PM
    I believe it would depend on whether your girlfriend's line was eligible for the "new every 2" discount. I'd just call customer service and ask.
    And pray to God that the GF doesn't fall in love with the Curve :eek then you'll be SOL
    04-02-08 03:37 PM
    LOL, i know right. I might have her sign something saying she can't keep it, JK. I figured they would have to give you the deal if you are changing to a BB plan and didn't previously have one they shouldn't make you pay full price to get a bb...but i am going to call them today
    04-02-08 03:39 PM
    LOL, i know right. I might have her sign something saying she can't keep it, JK. I figured they would have to give you the deal if you are changing to a BB plan and didn't previously have one they shouldn't make you pay full price to get a bb...but i am going to call them today
    If you had to make a choice between the GF and your BB, which would you choose?
    04-02-08 03:44 PM
    LOL, well she would probably say i would choose the BB....lol, but i would probably say her and i'd see my BB on the side, lol
    04-02-08 03:57 PM
    Either new every 2 or early upgrade with the 20 dollar fee.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-08 04:00 PM
    Raylol16, what is the $20 early upgrade fee? How does that work?
    04-02-08 04:36 PM
    Are you and your girlfriend on the same plan?

04-02-08 05:06 PM
    Yeah same plan! I talked to vzw csr and they said I'd have to pay full price since neithr of us r close to the uograde time.

04-02-08 05:13 PM
    Add a third line..
    9.99 per and once it's activated, switch #'s.

04-02-08 05:17 PM
    You pay 20 bucks you get an early upgrade. You don't get the price that you would pay if you were getting a new contract but you wouldn't be paying the full retail of the phone either I did this to get a bb pearl and I paid 200 after 50 dollar rebate.
    04-02-08 05:20 PM
    So if i added a line, just a plain 9.99 line without anything, would i still be able to get the Curve on that line even though i wouldn't be getting a data plan???

And if i did the $20 option, does it matter how long my contract has been renewed???
    04-02-08 10:26 PM
    have you given any thoughts on getting the GF a Curve at the same time also? I bet she'll just love for it
    04-02-08 11:22 PM
    I believe you would have to add the line and the plan, then activate the curve on the new line, after that you can juggle lines and drop one of the plans to a dumb phone 9.99. Lot of work for a phone for sure.

04-03-08 12:05 AM
    You guys are great! I get so much info from here. I luv it.I dont even have my BB yet and becoming an addict!
    04-03-08 07:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD