I am on the phone with a rep since I've been itching to upgrade my device. I'm already elegible for an early upgrade but just 5 more months and I get my new every two! Yay. Here's the downer. She said that with new every two the only difference is that you get $50 off. WTF! When I got vzw it was $100. So which is it. I hope she was wrong because I switch devices every year and held off this year to wait for just $50 bucks? Anybody know if it really did change

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-10 08:00 AM
    Depends on your monthly plan and when you enrolled in NE2.

If you enrolled in the program prior to February 15, 2009 and continued to meet the requirements of the program, you will qualify for a free phone up to a $50 or $100 value, depending on the monthly access of your plan.

If you enrolled in the program on or after February 15, 2009, you will qualify for a free phone up to a $30 or $50 value, depending on the monthly access of your plan.
    My NE2 discount is currently $100 but according to this information above, it will probably go down.

E
    02-09-10 08:12 AM
    I just got a new BB yesterday with my new every 2 and I got the tour ($100 value) for free and when we started the rep said I had a $100 credit. So as far as I know its still $100
    02-09-10 08:12 AM
    I believe it is only a 50 dollar discount now. It was once a 100 dollar discount but they changed that recently. Atleast that's what I remember reading about on another thread in the Verizon section of the forum
    02-09-10 08:14 AM
    And this is just another reason I will not resign my contract with them. Full retail or buy a used phone of CB. VZW can kiss my arse.
    02-09-10 08:35 AM
    ^^^ hahhaa. Well my bill is 175 a month its VIP account according to them. ill try calling back once more. What do you all recomend, buying through vzw or bestbuy.?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-10 08:42 AM
    I always purchase online through VZW to get the lowest immediate price. I always forget to mail stuff in for rebates. So, I test in stores and order online. Online gives the best immediate price.

E
    02-09-10 08:44 AM
    I always purchase online through VZW to get the lowest immediate price. I always forget to mail stuff in for rebates. So, I test in stores and order online. Online gives the best immediate price.

E
    +1 for sure, but me personally I'll buy used until they get the iphone or a better android phone.
    02-09-10 08:50 AM
    This depends on when you signed the new contract. There most definitely was a change in NE2 discounts from 100 to 50 and from 50 to 25 (depending on plan), but I can't remember if they said that change is retroactively applied or will only apply after the next time you renew your contract (if your current 2yr contract was active prior to them making the change).
    02-09-10 09:45 AM
    I believe its 50 and 35 now for upgrade discounts.
    Also insurance is now increased too, both monthly and your deductible.
    I believe if you had your current device BEFORE the announcement, you will get the 100.00
    I want to make a change to my plan, but that would require me then having my wife's enVtouch having data enabled.

Either way you get screwed, yet I stay with them
    02-09-10 09:58 AM
    Moving to the "Big Red" Forum!
    02-09-10 10:20 AM
    PK,
    Solid hit by Carter last night, but Danny has got to loose the stache....he is horrible for you guys!
    02-09-10 10:21 AM
    yeah, as quoted earlier, it changed for purchases after feb 19th of last year. Any upgrades after that date get the new 30/50 NE2. Main plan under $79.99 gets 30 off. 79.99 or higher gets $50. If you haven't upgraded since last February, you should still have the 50/100 but that should get canned when you renew.
    02-09-10 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD