I was one of the original storm buyers when it came out last year. This past week I replaced my storm for the third time, so I am on my 4th phone. I asked for a replacement BB other than the storm, but was told they could only give me a new (not refurb) storm.

I log in to vzw the next day and see that my new every two has reset because they gave me a new storm as a replacement device. Is this vzw policy to reset NET? So now I have the storm for another two years unless I want to pay retail?

10-26-09 05:05 PM
    They should have explained it, but yes. When you get a "new" phone under warranty it resets your NE2 date. You will still be eligible, just wont get your NE2 credit. You will get the 2yr pricing.
    10-26-09 05:18 PM
    Gotta love the "they should". Is that written in the service agreement?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 05:36 PM
    I think that what the music is trying to say is that you can still get a new device at contract renewal, but won't be eligible for the extra NE2 discount for another 2 years?
    10-26-09 05:46 PM
    not true...talk to anothet csr..im on my 4th storm as well and that was on one of the first questions i asked..as long as youre on the same model phone, it shouldnt reset. mine hasnt..a friend of mine called..check this out...he called and told the csr that he wanted to pay the ETF and go to AT&T for the iphone bc he is on his 100th storm (ok maybe i exaggerated) and that he wasnt going to going tru new and refurbed devices anymore..he ddint even let them talk hahaha they sent him to retention and he gave them the same bad attitude. needless to say he's going to stay with them after they told him they would give him a new device coming up bc he didnt want the tour..he wanted a touchscreen phone so hess going to AT&T. i dont know what touchscreen phone he's getting *cough cough* but he's satisfied.
    10-26-09 05:53 PM
    If it was me I would call and tell them that it was an under warranty exchange. Same thing happened to my wife a few months ago, her q9c went south so she got a saga for free replacment and then she tried to upgrade to an 8330 a few weeks ago. But they said she signed a new contract when she got the new phone, after talking to them for about 5 mins they fixed it in the computer and now she has a pink 8330

10-26-09 05:54 PM
    We're actually not supposed to force you to take a multi-exchange options. This not only resets your NE2, but your upgrade date too. So you wouldn't be eligible for anything.

If it's within 30 days may be able to send it back.. if it's not.. you're out of luck.
    10-26-09 06:00 PM

If it's within 30 days may be able to send it back.. if it's not.. you're out of luck.
    with a multi fru it doesnt come with a 30 day return period, mainly because they kept your old device they have nothign to return to you... sorry

but yea this should have been explained to you prior to it being done and it should have been an option
    10-26-09 06:27 PM
    Gotta love the "they should". Is that written in the service agreement?

Do you 100% of the time remember to do everything exactly the correct way every single time at your job? Probably not. It was a mistake if it wasnt explained. Relax.

not true...talk to anothet csr..im on my 4th storm as well and that was on one of the first questions i asked..as long as youre on the same model phone, it shouldnt reset. mine hasnt..a friend of mine called..check this out...he called and told the csr that he wanted to pay the ETF and go to AT&T for the iphone bc he is on his 100th storm (ok maybe i exaggerated) and that he wasnt going to going tru new and refurbed devices anymore..he ddint even let them talk hahaha they sent him to retention and he gave them the same bad attitude. needless to say he's going to stay with them after they told him they would give him a new device coming up bc he didnt want the tour..he wanted a touchscreen phone so hess going to AT&T. i dont know what touchscreen phone he's getting *cough cough* but he's satisfied.

Not true? Im not even going to respond to your crap response. It isnt even an instance that happened to you, it was "your friend." You are full of crap.
    10-26-09 06:47 PM
    If it was me I would call and tell them that it was an under warranty exchange.
    A warranty exchange is for a refurb or, in some cases, a lesser model. Getting a new phone is a courtesy process & is noted.

This was not a warranty, but it was above & beyond what any carrier is obligated to do, and more than the competition would normally do.

Sorry, but the NE2 credit is applied to the new replacement - it is gone.
    10-26-09 06:57 PM
    No, he didn't.

Don't tell people who do this for a living they are wrong.
    10-26-09 07:31 PM
    so there's no recourse? "they should have" so too bad? I've bee with VZW long enough (10 years) to know they can do anything they want if you get the right person to listen. All I want is my 2 year to go back and be able to get a new phone that works for me. is this too much to ask?

10-26-09 08:22 PM
    so there's no recourse? "they should have" so too bad? I've bee with VZW long enough (10 years) to know they can do anything they want if you get the right person to listen. All I want is my 2 year to go back and be able to get a new phone that works for me. is this too much to ask?
    Your agreement excludes what you were told or not told - your paperwork probably included the NE2 reference & new contract. You signed it.

Can they do what you're asking? Of course they can, just as they can choose to give you five years' free service. But they've already gone above & beyond, & you signed the agreement simply by accepting & actvating your new device - so you're pretty much stuck with what you have.

Tell me - the Storm was so bad & the S2 is no better, so why do you want that? Are you a glutton for punishment?

10-26-09 10:53 PM
    Never said I wanted the storm2. I don't disagree that I accepted it and probably signed something that I agreed with the reset for accepting the phone. However I don't think in will be stuck with it. We will see.

And I am not sure I would say above and beyond. Though they have been very nice.

10-27-09 07:42 AM
    Never said I wanted the storm2.
    My apologies - you are correct that you didn't mention the S2. I got a little confused with all the posts wanting to find a way to get out of their Storms & into a Storm2... just like all the posts wanting out of Storm & into Tour.

10-27-09 08:43 AM
    with a multi fru it doesnt come with a 30 day return period, mainly because they kept your old device they have nothign to return to you... sorry

but yea this should have been explained to you prior to it being done and it should have been an option
    Not if he did it by mail and has not sent his other phone back..
    10-27-09 12:44 PM

You have to realize that we can no longer sell that phone as new because you've used it. We have now given you TWO subsidized equipments before your contract expired (one at the start, and one in the middle). That's cost us, depending on your discount, upward of $800. I think it's fair to extend your upgrade, so in three months you don't get another piece of equipment at a discount..
    10-27-09 12:49 PM
    You have to realize that we can no longer sell that phone as new because you've used it. We have now given you TWO subsidized equipments before your contract expired (one at the start, and one in the middle). That's cost us, depending on your discount, upward of $800. I think it's fair to extend your upgrade, so in three months you don't get another piece of equipment at a discount..
    I appreciate what you're saying, but rep should have explained up front. I think if I had known the NE2 would start over, I wouldn't have accepted the NIB storm. My year anniversary was in November and probably would have waited or asked for an early upgrade.

I hear you and I can tell you work for VZW and I've never had any real issue with VZW. That's why I've stayed with them for so long. They're fair and the service is solid. But I am going to go back and explain that the NE2 reset wasn't explained to me and see what they say. Worse case I guess I could add another line and get the phone I need/want and have a spare phone and line if needed until the contract is up on that phone.
    10-27-09 04:18 PM
    I appreciate what you're saying, but rep should have explained up front. I think if I had known the NE2 would start over, I wouldn't have accepted the NIB storm. My year anniversary was in November and probably would have waited or asked for an early upgrade.

I hear you and I can tell you work for VZW and I've never had any real issue with VZW. That's why I've stayed with them for so long. They're fair and the service is solid. But I am going to go back and explain that the NE2 reset wasn't explained to me and see what they say. Worse case I guess I could add another line and get the phone I need/want and have a spare phone and line if needed until the contract is up on that phone.
    I'm not trying to give you any issues, just explaining why different policies are in place. I agree that the rep should have explained to you what you were doing. They're supposed to advocate for you, but there is also some responsibility on your part to accept the T&C's.

Did you do this transaction in the store? I assume you do not have your old device anymore?
    10-27-09 05:28 PM
    Why not...

Instead of wasting time here discussing things no one here can help you with or change, spend your efforts on the phone.

There is nothing anyone here can do for you except tell you the reality or falsely inflate hopes. Call 611 & be done with it.

10-27-09 08:16 PM
    Amen.

10-27-09 10:20 PM
    you're right. That's what I plan to do but these forums help vent and occasionally come up with helpful ideas.

I wasn't looking for anyone to solve this but just read my post and tell me what you think. So thanks for The helpful comments.

10-27-09 10:50 PM

Ok... I'm going to be really careful with my wording here as not to off anyone ...

But...

Your friend is dumb...

The people who call in pissed off and chew a reps ear off are going to get as little help as possible...
    Verizon is pretty much a middle man for warranty replacements, so they can replace with the same device, and on occasion will replace it with a new model of the same brand (in this case a new Storm or Tour), and on VERY rare occasions, they will replace with a new phone, thats of a different brand. This is completely up to a rep, or his/her manager's discretion, but if someone calls in barking away... They'll get shown the door...
    10-27-09 11:19 PM
    Unless you already have a family plan AND are planning on a dumbphone, it will be cheaper to pay retail. If you get a smartphone, 40 dollars a month for two years comes down to you paying 980 to save 300 on the phone

10-27-09 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD