If I use a New Every Two discount to upgrade my phone and then return it, do I get the New Every Two discount back?

I'm about to add my husband to my plan and he's getting a Tour, so I could use my upgrade now to get a free Tour (but waste the discount). I'm wondering if I get the Tour and then discover the Storm 2 is coming out really soon whether I can return the Tour and use the discount to get a Storm 2.

Hope that made sense. Help is appreciated.
    09-12-09 05:45 PM
    Are you talking about using the Verizon BOGO deal to get your Tour free, if thats even running anymore? If so, and you decide you want to return the Tour, I don't believe you will be able to get the Storm 2 for free when it comes out, unless its under 30 days from the time of your purchase, and the same price, or else I would assume you would be responsible for the difference.

I hope that makes sense, let me know if it doesnt.
    09-12-09 05:49 PM
    Are you talking about using the Verizon BOGO deal to get your Tour free, if thats even running anymore? If so, and you decide you want to return the Tour, I don't believe you will be able to get the Storm 2 for free when it comes out, unless its under 30 days from the time of your purchase, and the same price, or else I would assume you would be responsible for the difference.

I hope that makes sense, let me know if it doesnt.
    Yes, I'm talking about using the BOGO deal to my Tour free. I think it runs through the end of the month, but we'd likely be doing this tomorrow.

I wouldn't expect to get the Storm 2 for free if I returned the Tour. The rep is telling me that if get the free Tour on my line, I "use" the New Every Two discount even though the phone is free. So what I'm asking is if I return the Tour, will I then be able to use the discount to lessen the price of a Storm 2.
    09-12-09 06:01 PM
    Technically yes, you do use the "discount" because its tied to your upgrade. If you return the device, from my past experience, you get the credit back, and the upgrade eligibility, as long as your under the 30 days and you return everything how they ask, like all the pieces and such. Make sure under that 30 days not to have the phone exchanged and certainly don't exchange it for another model unless its the Storm 2 otherwise you will lock yourself in with no exceptions.
    09-12-09 06:03 PM
    To get the NE2 back, you'd have to return both devices & possibly be charged restocking fees.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 06:22 PM
    To get the NE2 back, you'd have to return both devices & possibly be charged restocking fees.

Why would both need to be returned if the credit is only on the one line, and she will be adding her husband to her plan?
    09-12-09 06:26 PM
    She wouldn't need to return both - but I believe the NE2 would be used up.

The last time I did a BOGO, I seem to recall that the free one is free only with purchase of the first one - return the first & the second is no longer free.

Need lastraid or darth or bum to confirm, but it makes no sense to me to buy one, get one free, return one for credit & end up with a completely free phone. This would effectively give you a free Tour with an additional line.
    09-12-09 06:49 PM
    Well essentially she would just "use" the credit cuz its tied to her upgrade, and using the upgrade would take the credit away. Shes not using it to pay for the first device or anything. They will have to pay for the husbands line and then get hers free. If hers is returned, it will be returned at $0.00 and she will need to then make a new purchase and I think it would act like there was never a previous purchase made as far as the credit is concerned.

I dont work for Verizon so i cant be quoted on that, but thats the policy as i understood it.
    09-12-09 06:54 PM
    Now that makes sense - being returned at $0.
    I just couldn't see VZW crediting the full purchase price & reinstating the NE2 unless both were returned.

09-12-09 07:04 PM
    Yeah it is certainly an odd situation with the whole BOGO offer that they have going.
    09-12-09 07:04 PM
    Thanks to both of you for responding

I think I've decided to just buy the Tour for my husband and (gasp!) forgo getting the free Tour for myself. That way, I'll still have the discount to use later when I figure out what it is I really want. Might not be free that way, but it should be close to it, and I won't have to deal with doing a return or any other hassles.

Also, thought I'd share my husband's comment when I tried to explain this whole thing to him... "So if a Storm rolls in, you'll have to cancel the Tour? Is the band going to stay together? What's their name again? Curve?"
    Last edited by xfuchsiax; 09-13-09 at 01:45 AM.
    09-13-09 01:39 AM
    I had to read this thread at least twice to figure out what you were trying to do... I dont think there IS a said stated policy on returns with a bogo...

its a head scratcher and the bogo info I have doesnt mention returns of the "free" phone under worry free...

Glad you decided to wait though; Id have hated to see that turn into retail price charge or ne2 chg on hubby's line on the bill...
    no bueno.
    09-13-09 07:41 AM
    Yes, if you return the phone all together you will get your NE2 credit back. Everything will be set back to like you never upgraded at all.

Yes, you can take advantage of the BOGO if your line is eligible and you are adding your husband.

The "free" phone in the buy 1 get 1 is free because you are eligible to upgrade. It isnt just a "free phone" There has to be a contract to go along with it.
    09-13-09 02:27 PM
    but if she gets the upgrade on her line. pays what the $149.99 on her line; gets hubbys for $0.00.
    She returns hers and gets her $149.99 back minus the restocking fee of course. is her hubby's bb still free???
    hmmm
    OR would they take her berry back; charge restocking fee and not give refund because then its as if hubbys line paid the 149.99
    Then her NE2 is reset.
    09-13-09 03:08 PM
    No, it wouldnt still be free.
    09-13-09 03:58 PM
    That's what I thought... Wouldn't they chg restocking fee but no refund on here's so its as if hubbys line had paid the 149.99?
    Then have her ne2 reset right?

09-13-09 04:17 PM
    The phone that we paid for now would be the one on hubby's line. My phone would be the free one. So had I decided to do this, we would be returning the free phone, and not the one we paid for.
    09-13-09 10:51 PM
    Why not just wait to see if the Storm 2 comes out? All you are doing is creating unneccessary headaches. If you really think you are going to want the Storm 2, why waste everyones time by buying a phone you know you will ultimately return? Stuff like that is why there are now restocking fees.
    09-14-09 11:23 AM
    Why not just wait to see if the Storm 2 comes out? All you are doing is creating unneccessary headaches. If you really think you are going to want the Storm 2, why waste everyones time by buying a phone you know you will ultimately return? Stuff like that is why there are now restocking fees.
    I already decided to wait, see my previous post. Also, I wasn't 100% sure I would be taking it back. If the Storm 2 was not announced during my 30 days I was going to keep the Tour.
    Last edited by xfuchsiax; 09-14-09 at 04:24 PM.
    09-14-09 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD