I signed my 2 year contract October 2008.

I am apparently eligible for an upgrade. I understand this since I have spent a ridiculous amount of money with Verizon since October 2008. I do not see the storm 2 as a revolutionary device, but it is a step up from my storm 1 which is in abominable condition. If I can get two of them for $179.99 I gotta go for it, especially considering my 9530 has been beat to **** and back.

If I go for my upgrade now, is that me using my new every two early, or do I still get the opportunity to get something new at a discounted rate in October?
    Last edited by l.a.rossmann; 03-06-10 at 01:50 PM.
    03-06-10 01:47 PM
    I signed my 2 year contract October 2008.

I am apparently eligible for an upgrade. I understand this since I have spent a ridiculous amount of money with Verizon since October 2008. I do not see the storm 2 as a revolutionary device, but it is a step up from my storm 1 which is in abominable condition. If I can get two of them for $179.99 I gotta go for it, especially considering my 9530 has been beat to **** and back.

If I go for my upgrade now, is that me using my new every two early, or do I still get the opportunity to get something new at a discounted rate in October?
    Most likely an early upgrade. This will push the NE2 and as far as the BOGO goes, you will another line that eligable to upgrade to get the BOGO
    03-06-10 02:45 PM
    Can upgrade at the new promo price every year, but will not get the NE2, that will reset the 2 year clock.
    03-06-10 03:01 PM
    If you upgrade now you get the 2 yr promo pricing plus the 20.00 early upgrade fee you lose your New Every Two credit. If you wait until June (20 months from Oct 08) then you get the 2 year pricing plus that additional credit off of the phone. It's only 3 months, worth it to wait unless your phone won't hold on that long.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-10 08:26 PM
    Wait a sec:

does BOGO require I add another line? Or do I get another phone I can use in the case I break my present one?

If not, the $170 savings isn't worth signing a new 2 year contract.
    03-06-10 08:55 PM
    Yes you activate a new line or I am not sure but if you have another line on your plan you might be able to use the BOGO on another existing line and just add the Data plan to it.

I Could be wrong on the second part and you will have to activate a new line.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-10 02:56 AM
    Yes, you have to add a second line or have a second line that is eligible for an upgrade.

You don't just get another phone for free.
    03-07-10 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD