For the new every 2 deal, that's supposed to be every 2 years right? I got my phone in 2007, yet for some reason my new every 2 is in 2010.
    05-30-09 01:48 PM
    Go online and check your eligibility date.

However, before Jan 1st 2008 if you made a plan change you also changed your contract date. Just for your info bc it's changed now and plan changes don't affect the NE2 date.
    05-30-09 01:50 PM
    Yeah I checked it, and it says Oct 2010 even though I got the phone in Dec of 2007. Even if I did change the plan before Jan 1 of 2008, wouldn't the latest the New every 2 could still be is Dec 31 of 2009?
    05-30-09 02:00 PM
    I sent you a PM. Let me know
    05-30-09 02:07 PM
    What exactly is the difference between an upgrade and a new every 2 upgrade?

I checked with VZW last night about mine and they said i'd be eligible for an upgrade as of Feb 2010...but not for my new every 2 until a year later...

Do you just get a free phone after 2 years? and before that you can pay for one?
    05-30-09 02:12 PM
    Primary lines are eligible for an annual upgrade. If you aren't a VIP you pay an early upgrade fee of $20. But you still get the 2 yr price.

The NE2 upgrade means you have fulfilled your contract length (20 months) and are eligible for your $50 or $100 off of of your new phone.
    05-30-09 02:17 PM
    Are you the only line on your account? There's a couple reasons your upgrade date might have changed... Did you get so many warranty replacements that you were put into a different model entirely? If so, that changes your upgrade date. Also, if you're NOT the only line on your account, did someone else on your account use your upgrade? I do this to the other lines on my account all the time to get the latest BBs. I told the ppl on my account straight up "I'm paying for these lines, you're getting free service the way I look at it. Therefore, if I want to take your upgrade, then I will." They're cool with it cuz I always turn around and get them really high-end devices anyways. Lol
    05-30-09 03:47 PM
    Primary lines are eligible for an annual upgrade. If you aren't a VIP you pay an early upgrade fee of $20. But you still get the 2 yr price.

The NE2 upgrade means you have fulfilled your contract length (20 months) and are eligible for your $50 or $100 off of of your new phone.

Ah ok that is exactly what I needed to know...

So one last question (sorry i'm fairly new to VZW)...If I purchase a phone at retail (for instance say I buy the Tour outright when it comes out)...will that change my upgrade date?
    05-30-09 05:08 PM
    Nope. It also will not effect your contract end date.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD