12-15-09 07:42 PM
136 ... 23456
tools
    Twins I see what you are saying about that the Trolls and your answer being a general response to head off them off but you quoted me and then stated your view on entitlement. This made me believe you were referring to me personally. I wanted to respond to you in a PM but you have stated before you either never read them or have them disabled.
    Apologies - I probably could have worded it a little better. Sometimes, I head off in a tangential direction & forget the original quote.

I wonder if the Cell companies would consider something like that.
    Probably not, as it adds variables. Cell companies don't like variables. Plus how would they handle the guy complaining that his $500 smartphone's retail was lowered 90 days after he bought his?
    11-04-09 01:48 PM
    Hold on a sec & reread your words.

if you break your smartphone, (you) can't afford or don't have a different one...

It is YOUR phone. YOU broke it. YOU can't afford a new one. YOU signed a contract promising to maintain service for X amount of time with certain obligations & minimum levels.

How is any of that your carrier's fault or responsibility?

On a smaller scale - take the smartphone out of the equation & make it a $300 flip phone. What if you broke that, couldn't afford another? Should the carrier let you out of your contract without an ETF?

Another scenario - you lost your job & can't afford your bill. Should they allow you out of the contract without the ETF?

Nowhere in the contract you sign does it state "unless you break or lose your device." Regardless of what YOU do, unless you die or you are forced to move to Lower Elbonia, the carrier still has you under contract. Even if you move out of the country or die, they only let you out as a courtesy. They could still hold you to the contract, as it isn't their fault you're moving & they could put a lien against your estate.

I have always lived by the mantra that you do not make a commitment you're not 110% sure you will be able to abide by - this means you always look at things in the light of "what if the worst happens." What if I lose my job - can I still afford this house I want to buy? The car I am looking at? The cell phone contract I am about to sign?

The carriers don't owe you anything - once you've signed that contract, they have you for a specified amount of time - if you are not 110% certain you can abide by that contract, the way it is written, don't enter into the agreement.

And, if you cannot afford to replace that phone on a moment's notice, at full retail, don't get it. It is as simple as that.

We have become a nation of entitled pansies - people who think they deserve to have all of life's conveniences. If something goes wrong, someone else should fix it. Sorry, but if someone cannot afford all of the contingencies, they're over their head & should go without.

Sign an agreement & don't abide by it, you're tossing away your most valuable assets - your integrity & your character. Each time I see someone on these pages trying to get an early upgrade or out of a contract, I know their integrity, their character, their very being, isn't worth anything.

Get something you can afford. If you can't afford it, then don't get it. Stand up and accept responsibility for things you do. These phones are simply toys or conveniences - nothing more. They are certainly not worth destroying your reputation & credibility over.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA the othe person on this planet beside me who still has some integrity............
    11-04-09 02:21 PM
    I'm really surprised that AT&T hasn't adopted something similar .
    Believe me... If Verizon Wireless institutes it, and the backlash isn't bad enough to make them change it back then AT&T will follow. Besides "Rollover" which is stupid... How many differences are there between VZW & AT&T rate plans, contract terms.

And just to avoid the branch off on Rollover, its stupid because you should be on a plan that meets your needs, and Verizon Wireless helps customers that have went over their minutes by offering rerates, bonus minutes, etc.. So Rollover is a useless feature.
    11-04-09 02:29 PM
    B&b that would not work because the etf will be based on the phone you initiate the contract with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 02:50 PM
    Hey weekend thanks for the answer thats kind of what I figured.
    11-04-09 02:53 PM
    damn, wish I'd taken advantage of that BOGO. Could have had an easy $200 profit or so.
    11-04-09 04:24 PM
    There is still time, oh furry one...

11-04-09 04:28 PM
    verizon has every right to raise the etf...and customers have every right to find a way around it.

personally..i think you should be able to upgrade your phone sooner than 2 years if you extend your contract. aren't some of the other carriers like that?
    11-04-09 05:50 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there are ton of people switching TO verizon these days. So any bad press is going to bite them hard.
    11-04-09 05:51 PM
    Well, you're wrong. I talk to at least 10 new activations a day myself. I'm just one person too.

11-04-09 07:06 PM
    Well, you're wrong. I talk to at least 10 new activations a day myself. I'm just one person too.

Its the ones that don't know what device they want, what color they want it in, how many minutes they use, if they want visual voicemail, if they want insurance, what accessories they want, etc... that take over an hour to take care of.
    11-04-09 07:09 PM
    are you a rep that just got butthurt or what?
    honestly i have thought about leaving vzw even before this ETF raping they are about to start.
    yea i have been happy with their service for a LITTLE over a year, but honestly im tired of paying out the rear for a cellphone.
    i have moved closer to the city and i think something else will be the fix to my needs.
    Hit the Nail on the Head.
    Also grats on 3k posts
    geez its stupid that a rep is gonna get all butthurt because im tried of paying out the rear for a cellphone when i could go with something cheaper that will work for me.
    thanks
    Nope, i could care less what you do. Your way of thinking is ridiculous, thats all. Ive always known BnB was a troll....I gave you the benefit of a doubt with that Obama avatar, guess i was wrong.
    11-04-09 07:38 PM
    Yeah if something works better/cheaper for you than you should go with them. I don't know why some reps live/sleep/eat vzw. Like ok you work there defend them if someone insults them but don't freak out if someone likes at&t
    I dont live/sleep/eat anything. I work here, thats it. I was speaking realistically. The person i quoted only mentioned that he was crying about a new ETF policy, not that he was unhappy with the service or anything else. Therefore, his way of thinking was not a logical way to think.
    11-04-09 07:41 PM
    Well, you're wrong. I talk to at least 10 new activations a day myself.
    Well, that's anecdotal evidence. I'd like to see some stats. Currently VZ has no killer phone or plan to draw people away from other providers. The only reason people would be switching to VZ is because they're sick of AT&T.
    11-04-09 08:13 PM
    Well, that's anecdotal evidence. I'd like to see some stats. Currently VZ has no killer phone or plan to draw people away from other providers. The only reason people would be switching to VZ is because they're sick of AT&T.
    VZW has added 8 million customers, unrelated to Alltel, in the past 12 months. Where did they come from?

AT&T has also added customers.

Sprint & T-Mo have lost customers. Oops.
    11-04-09 08:17 PM
    Dude I work here. I know more about it than you ever really will. I'm NOT going to take pix of people's accounts just to make a busy body happy. Sorry.

11-04-09 09:08 PM
    Dude I work here. I know more about it than you ever really will. I'm NOT going to take pix of people's accounts just to make a busy body happy. Sorry.
    Aw, come on - post screen prints with your user ID on them. Then you & I can go break his legs for getting you fired.
    11-04-09 09:12 PM
    huh? Look up 'anecdotal evidence.' I was looking for BIG numbers. Somebody posted that VZ has 8 million new customers since '08. I'd be curious to see the total numbers gained and lost by all major providers over the past few years.

Only then could we see if VZ's policies have been helping or hurting them.
    11-04-09 09:19 PM
    Okay well I got a shot of the q3 announcement showing the differemce between q3 08 and q3 09 will that be good enough?

11-04-09 09:34 PM
    it's a start. post it
    11-04-09 09:42 PM
    Try this - 2 million/quarter until this quarter - after they relied so heavily on CrapBerry.

MediaPost Publications Verizon Profit Falls, Wireless Growth Slows 10/27/2009

When you get right down to it - you have the same Internet we do & VZW performance shouldn't mean anything to you, unless you own VZComm or Voda stock. Either way, this thread isn't about that.
    11-04-09 09:44 PM
    it's a start. post it
    As soon as I get home.

11-04-09 09:55 PM
    Trust me, I know! Come out on EMS runs with me for a day! It def dont look like paramedics on discovery health, lol. How about your child needing a check up so mom would rather call 911 to get her kid to the ER and get a free medicaid paid ambulance rather than to pay a yellow cab to ferry to u a private doctor... which she has insurance for anyway!

That free red/blue lighted cab makes all the difference...

Un...freaking...believable. Its true though, the crap people always screw it up for those that follow the rules...WTF!
    11-04-09 10:12 PM
    I think this is ridiculous but I can see where they're coming from. I don't plan to leave Verizon as I've had both AT&T and T-Mobile and would never go back to either one of them. I've learned that everything will go up in price and this is just another example of that.
    11-05-09 01:15 AM
    So I'm sure this has been asked I just can't find it. What if I change the phone on the plan I.e. Out an old of phone on there. Wait s month would the ETF be 175 then? Or would. If red be wide to this. It doesn't affect me as I just upgraded. But still I could see someone ruining this as well.

11-05-09 03:15 AM
136 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD