My spouse is eligible for NE2, yet I am not.... I want to upgrade to the Curve, can I do the online upgrade on VZW.com and activate it on my line when I receive it. Our lines are on separate accounts by the way.

Any experience here
    05-08-08 08:43 PM
    hmm....Good question. I am usually good with loopholes. I was told by a CS rep when i was looking into the pearl that i could use my fiance's NE2 and then after 24 hours i could transfer the phone - but we were also on a family plan together. I never took them up on that offer though and ended up paying full retail for the pearl, bc i didnt know if the asurion warranty would travel and thats essential to me. You could always call a CS rep and ask you know "hypothetically"

EDIT:: i have upgraded and bought phones full retail online and the paperwork clearly states what phone number the phone should be connected to - not sure if that would make a difference...like if you try to use the activation line and they think it's stolen bc the numbers dont match...lol hmm.
    Last edited by ShortStop51001; 05-08-08 at 09:22 PM.
    05-08-08 09:17 PM
    My spouse is eligible for NE2, yet I am not.... I want to upgrade to the Curve, can I do the online upgrade on VZW.com and activate it on my line when I receive it. Our lines are on separate accounts by the way.

Any experience here
    How soon will you be eligible? depending on your history with Verizon (length of time, Payment history) you may be eligible after 18 months.
    05-08-08 10:37 PM
    I used my wife's upgrade to get my pearl. You have to go into the Verizon store to do it because there are about 30 things that you have to sign. And you shouldn't need to have her go in. At least my wife didn't have to. She will notice a slight interuption to her service while the transfer is made but only for a few minutes. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-08 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD