11-05-09 10:18 PM
76 1234
tools
    Well, I went to best buy and they had a fake storm 2, its was crap, I hope the real thing is better, guess we will find out on the 28th

Now, I also tried the HTC Hero, and I hated it, the phone the buttons, and android, definitely not for me

So no more droid for me, maybe the tp2 or the imagio or the s2, need to play with all 3

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 04:33 PM
    Android is not the end-all do-all platform. In my mind, it is okay - a giant step-up from BlackBerry, but still seriously lacking in comparison with some competing platforms. Still, like iPhone, it should have its followers.

The first Droid is here & it pretty much is typical Moto - crap - with an under 600MHz processor & crummy keyboard. The Samsung Rogue feels better made. They seemed to look at the Storm & get just above it in quality - easy to do as the original Storm is better-built than S2.
    10-26-09 08:38 PM
    Well....

I just got to play with this Moto Droid today... And I thought that it was pretty impressive...

The clock speed of the processor doesn't mean that it runs slower. With the GPU, it runs quite quickly compared to any device out now..

Build quality.... Its a heavy phone..... Though, I personally thought the build was quite solid....

I'm going to need more time with this phone... But I thougt it was really impressive...

10-27-09 02:36 AM
    interesting....
    10-27-09 09:50 AM
    Well....

I just got to play with this Moto Droid today... And I thought that it was pretty impressive...

The clock speed of the processor doesn't mean that it runs slower. With the GPU, it runs quite quickly compared to any device out now..

Build quality.... Its a heavy phone..... Though, I personally thought the build was quite solid....

I'm going to need more time with this phone... But I thougt it was really impressive...

One of the reasons is because it has a seperate GPU.
    How were the graphics and the resolution
    10-27-09 10:33 AM
    Android is not the end-all do-all platform. In my mind, it is okay - a giant step-up from BlackBerry, but still seriously lacking in comparison with some competing platforms. Still, like iPhone, it should have its followers.

The first Droid is here & it pretty much is typical Moto - crap - with an under 600MHz processor & crummy keyboard. The Samsung Rogue feels better made. They seemed to look at the Storm & get just above it in quality - easy to do as the original Storm is better-built than S2.
    Moto Droid has a 550hmhz cpu with a seperate GPU..........

In fact here is a thread on another forum geeks debating the cpu
    of the droid in depth. Interesting takes

Motorola Droid (Tao, Sholes): 550MHz or Keyboard deal breaker? - gdgt
    10-27-09 10:37 AM
    Well....

A couple things to consider - mine is a random sample, while yours is hand-picked for demo purposes.

As for the clock speed, try running a high res video, then watch what happens when email processes - maybe not a concern if you don't do high processing apps, but still - 800+MHz would be better.

The weight I do appreciate, but the design is possibly too squared to be considered by the iPhone crowd.

A basic disassembly of the phone shows some areas of concern & illustrates that Moto is still the Moto of late & not the Moto of old.

10-27-09 11:12 AM
    A couple things to consider - mine is a random sample, while yours is hand-picked for demo purposes.

As for the clock speed, try running a high res video, then watch what happens when email processes - maybe not a concern if you don't do high processing apps, but still - 800+MHz would be better.

The weight I do appreciate, but the design is possibly too squared to be considered by the iPhone crowd.

A basic disassembly of the phone shows some areas of concern & illustrates that Moto is still the Moto of late & not the Moto of old.

So u are saying there is a possibility of a new VZ flagship device
    with S1 implications.
    U know me I am right to the point. Don't believe the hype.
    10-27-09 11:38 AM
    What I am saying is this device is decent, but doesn't live up to the hype.

The separate GPU does not excuse the lesser processor unless you leave everything else down & are only running video. The O2 is faster on nearly every benchmark I've run.

I don't follow the "flagship" monikers - those are designated by marketing and/or the media, neither of which I trust. These types labeled the Storm as flagship, then Tour.

What is flagship today might not be tomorrow.

Six months ago, I didn't like Moto, Sony, Kyocera or HTC. Sony is coming around & HTC has changed my mind - Kyocera is irrelevant - but Moto hasn't shown me anything in this device to alter my stand EXCEPT for the OS.

And as for the OS, I know it is a personal preference & Android is very capable - but to me, it is still behind other options.

10-27-09 12:38 PM
    What I am saying is this device is decent, but doesn't live up to the hype.

The separate GPU does not excuse the lesser processor unless you leave everything else down & are only running video. The O2 is faster on nearly every benchmark I've run.

I don't follow the "flagship" monikers - those are designated by marketing and/or the media, neither of which I trust. These types labeled the Storm as flagship, then Tour.

What is flagship today might not be tomorrow.

Six months ago, I didn't like Moto, Sony, Kyocera or HTC. Sony is coming around & HTC has changed my mind - Kyocera is irrelevant - but Moto hasn't shown me anything in this device to alter my stand EXCEPT for the OS.

And as for the OS, I know it is a personal preference & Android is very capable - but to me, it is still behind other options.

Thanks............
    10-27-09 12:53 PM
    But I read where the O2 won't be upgradable to Win Mo 7 is that something that shoud be of a concern?
    Thanks
    10-27-09 12:55 PM
    Well...

My time with the phone was quite brief, and saying it should live up to the hype was probably the wrong wording and a bit premature...

The phone is really slick, and will be a completely new feel for anyone that has been stuck on a BlackBerry....

Whether or not it will live up to the hype is something I couldn't say. Its really nice, but its all about how well it gets taken in by the consumers of course...

10-27-09 03:49 PM
    I, for one, want to know more about this device.

Mystery HTC Android Handset has a Name and a Carrier

The article says it is supposed to be the Android equivalent to the HTC HD2, which is an awesome device in its own right. It is also supposed to be coming to Verizon, according to the rumor.

I don't know what to think about the rumor, but if it is true...

Snapdragon processor + big touchscreen + HTC Sense UI + Android 2.0 + Verizon = me, at the store on launch day, paying full retail price, and then putting my Tour on eBay later the same day.
    Last edited by Erkenntnis; 10-27-09 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Picture was too big; fixed link
    10-27-09 04:12 PM
    I, for one, want to know more about this device.
    I did, too, but you munged the URL tags. Here's the link . . . fixed.

10-27-09 04:58 PM

If I had to buy one, THAT would be my choice over the Moto.

In fact, I was telling Jim the other day to wait for exactly that device.
    10-27-09 05:32 PM
    If I had to buy one, THAT would be my choice over the Moto.

In fact, I was telling Jim the other day to wait for exactly that device.
    Seeeeeeeee i knew that was one of the touchy feelies u were typing about
    not too long ago.
    Have stumbled upon this one myself. Hoping this is not too good to be true.
    I will try and hold out for this
    Last edited by TrendyProfessional1; 10-27-09 at 05:44 PM.
    10-27-09 05:41 PM

Thank you. Sorry for my ineptness.
    10-27-09 08:13 PM
    This training also includes the HTC Droid Eris...... Its a nice phone too...

10-28-09 12:42 PM
    Since Google maps is free on the Moto droid; will it probably be free on the other VZ android devices? Or will the others have to probably use VZ nav?
    I know your answers will be speculation but thanks in advance........
    10-28-09 02:18 PM
    Well....

Got my first real hands on with the Storm2 today...

Not impressed...

It feels somwhat more sturdy than the first because the screen is solid this time...

But the whole Piezo electric thing really isn't that great....

Instead of one button in the center, you have four, one on each corner....
    10-29-09 04:28 AM
    I like the Droid Eris.. not really seeing a difference between the Eris and the Passion though..

Looks like I'll be ditching my RIM device very soon here. I'm not sure why people say the Passion is the CDMA HD2.. the HD2 looks awesome and the Passion -- not so much.
    10-29-09 05:21 AM
    If Droid could manage push email from exchange and Gmail (which it most likely will have the latter) I'd switch and give it a go. I could always just go back to BB.
    10-29-09 05:50 AM
    Be wary of "The Droid." Last guy who thought it was a good idea... well, it didn't turn out so well...

11-01-09 01:30 AM
    Attachment Alert!

LOOK! The Moto model is so hideous, it induces panic!

11-01-09 02:16 AM
    FYI... emulators are available for the HTC and Moto droid...

I think the moto one is pretty fugly... HTC always make purty phones though.. for the most part.
    11-01-09 07:07 AM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD