11-05-09 10:18 PM
76 123 ...
tools
    If its true its definitely good news...

Verizon's Droid is a series, not just a phone; Droid Eris coming from HTC

I decided that, for those who care not to click... Theres a new rumor thats saying that "Droid" is actually a brand name for Verizon's new Android lineup....
    10-23-09 09:46 PM
    Not just rumor.

Just don't quote me.

Lastraid hijacked my account & said that.

The bum.
    10-23-09 10:02 PM
    I plead the 5th.

Leave Bum out of this.

I love a good rumor.

Signed Twins
    10-23-09 10:07 PM
    Well.. It somewhat echos what a certain member psoted a week or so back about the Droid not being the Sholes...
    10-23-09 10:17 PM
    Thanks.....................
    10-24-09 07:54 AM
    I can't wait to see what it's performance is like.
    10-24-09 08:04 AM
    Screen is too small for me; looks nic though.
    Gee I wonder if VZ might get that HTC Dragon?
    Another touchy feelie coming along.
    This is really cool.................
    So much to choose from.
    10-24-09 09:18 AM
    They said from the beginning that it'd be a series of phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-09 10:48 AM
    Yes leave me outta this!

10-24-09 09:19 PM
    It was said that Verizon would have multiple handsets running Android... It was never said that the name Droid was a series... It had always been accepted that this name was just the Motorola...
    10-25-09 12:02 AM
    I know I have seen four verizon bound droid phones and only one is motorola.
    10-25-09 01:33 AM
    I know I have seen four verizon bound droid phones and only one is motorola.
    Are any of the ones you've seen world phones?
    10-25-09 09:35 AM
    Yes .
    10-25-09 06:34 PM
    I am really debating on skipping the Storm 2 and going for the Droid, idk I love my BlackBerry though

Maybe I will try it for 30 days first

10-25-09 06:51 PM
    I am really debating on skipping the Storm 2 and going for the Droid, idk I love my BlackBerry though

Maybe I will try it for 30 days first

As long as you do not mind a $35 restocking fee if you so not like it. Stopped by Best Buy today and played with s S2 dummy phone. I hope the quality of the real one is better
    10-25-09 06:54 PM
    Count me in for the Droid VZ is really improving their smartphone lineup, i'm impressed

10-25-09 07:13 PM
    I hope the quality of the real one is better
    Hope all you want - it isn't.

10-25-09 08:33 PM
    We have some BlackBerry faithful here where I work....

People who are blinded, and have not yet seen what real smartphones can really do...
    10-25-09 09:09 PM
    We have some BlackBerry faithful here where I work....

People who are blinded, and have not yet seen what real smartphones can really do...
    There will always be thouse people. Either they don't want more or they are afraid of what more brings. There are also some who believe the hype & rumors.

Ever heard someone tell you that the Bible tells us the Lord helps those who help themselves? It doesn't say it anywhere - but try to convince people of that.

Ever heard someone tell you that Microsoft will send X amount of money to a dying kid if you forward the chain email? Nope - never happened.

Ever heard someone talk about the Constitutional guarantee of separation of church & state? That's right - nothing about that anywhere in there.

Yet there are those who believe such things and, no matter what you tell them, they won't change their belief, because they don't want to change their belief & they won't believe you even if you proved it to them with 5742 articles, 1911 experts, 886 witnesses & an authentic original. Its a good thing that ignorance & stupidity aren't illegal - our prisons wouldn't have room for thieves & murderers.

The way I show off phones to family & friends is simple - I show them the menus, let them play a bit, then I show them the browser. I navigate to a variety of places - those who have never had a smartphone put the BlackBerrys down, because the Web experience is slow & kludgy. They always gawk at the other devices - a common comment is, "wow, it looks like it does on my computer!"

I know many people who would never leave their flips & candybars for a BlackBerry - but some of those have pondered getting a TP2, an iPhone or a Droid.
    10-25-09 09:54 PM
    What do you show people on a WM phone?

Most people think they're boring... And a certain individual I work with said the Imagio "sucks."
    10-25-09 11:07 PM
    TouchFlo 3D is really sweet looking - makes BlackBerry look plain (and boring).

Samsung's overlay is also quite nice - just not quite as deep as HTC's.

But, the big things isn't what it looks like - one of the beauties of WM is there are probably more ROMs than there are BlackBerry users, so you can have it your way - but the things you can do. The browser is just the start. The fact everything is animated, apps overlay & cascade, and the eye candy blows away BlackBerry. Android is much the same & Linux makes all of them look bad.

There are BlackBerry users who marvel about the things iPhone users can do. Then there are iPhone users who are envious of the things that WM & Android users can do.

Then there are BlackBerry users whose heads are stuck in the sand.
    10-25-09 11:56 PM
    So as some of you know on Wednesday the Motorola Droid will be announced....

It is now official that in the next few weeks a "second Droid" will be unveiled...

15 devices in all from Verizon Wireless this quarter...

10-26-09 01:08 PM
    Ill prolly be ditching my blackberry for a droid or a new wm phone. So many options

10-26-09 01:41 PM
    Is the second phone announced going to be the Hero or the Passion (don't know if that is the VZW name)? I just happened to look on phonearena on their upcoming phones list and there was a picture of the Passion and it looks good. Plus it is supposed to have the snapdragon processor in it. That is what I read on their specs sheet at least.
    10-26-09 01:53 PM
    So as some of you know on Wednesday the Motorola Droid will be announced....

It is now official that in the next few weeks a "second Droid" will be unveiled...

15 devices in all from Verizon Wireless this quarter...
    Let's see here - GPS capable devices, WiFi, full third-party software access, biggest network & now a cadre of phones unmatched by ANY carrier...

What WILL the VZW naysayers have to start trouble with now?

Oh wait - they will be too busy feeling the pain of extreme envy. Or is that enV?
    10-26-09 02:05 PM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD