I have 3 devices on vzw 2bb's and an older cell for mom. I really need an upgrade I'm tired of my 8530 anyone know if vzw is getting torch anytime soon or other bb that's touch and keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-10 05:19 PM
    I have 3 devices on vzw 2bb's and an older cell for mom. I really need an upgrade I'm tired of my 8530 anyone know if vzw is getting torch anytime soon or other bb that's touch and keyboard.

There is small rumors of another Storm series...but as for a Torch like device...DOUBT it. AT&T paid for a lot of the development of that specific phone. It wouldn't surprise me if it stayed an AT&T exclusive like the Storm series is for Verizon.
    12-01-10 05:22 PM

There is no CDMA Torch from what I have heard anywhere so no.

The newest Bold is the top of the line CDMA blackberry.....
    Wish they would have put out Storm Refresh that supports OS6 but they scrapped it and have been putting out mostly Android.
    12-01-10 05:22 PM
    I sure wouldn't hold my breath regarding devices coming out prior to Q2, 2011, and even then we might not see them. The next round of devices will probably be LTE, and may end up having an extra premium along with them even if LTE isn't in your area.
    12-01-10 05:29 PM
    Excuse my ignorance but what is LTE? Thanks

12-01-10 05:32 PM
    Excuse my ignorance but what is LTE? Thanks

Well we currently have 3G....LTE is 4G. Higher Datarates. It's basically faster data.

You will almost certainly pay more to have it......Sprint has it now and tacks on $10 a month.
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 12-01-10 at 05:53 PM.
    12-01-10 05:50 PM
    Does this mean that Sprint runs 3G & 4G and if you want 4G and willing to pay the price you can have it but they continue to have 3G plans for those who don't want to fork out the additional money or can't afford to?
    12-02-10 02:44 AM
    Does this mean that Sprint runs 3G & 4G and if you want 4G and willing to pay the price you can have it but they continue to have 3G plans for those who don't want to fork out the additional money or can't afford to?

This means for example if you want the Evo on sprint, which is a 4g device, you will be paying the extra $10/month for their 4g coverage even if you live somewhere they only have 3g coverage... You do not get the option of buying a 4g device and skipping the 4g premium fee even if you don't want or can't use 4g.
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 12-02-10 at 04:39 AM.
    12-02-10 04:34 AM
    This means for example if you want the Evo on sprint, which is a 4g device, you will be paying the extra $10/month for their 4g coverage even if you live somewhere they only have 3g coverage... You do not get the option of buying a 4g device and skipping the 4g premium fee even if you don't want or can't use 4g.

Sounds fair to me...
    12-02-10 07:15 AM
    Gotta make money somehow!!!!!
    12-02-10 07:37 AM
    im ashamed to say it but i may actually look at an android phone while i shop for a new berry> never thought i would consider it but i really want torch and since its not coming to vzw which im not leaving i may have to put down my berry> anyone with any input feel free to pm me
    12-02-10 09:13 AM
    Im in the same boat as you. I have a Storm 1 w 2 cracks in the screen, one horizontal and the other vertical. I dropped it the other day and the back cover bent a little, so now the back wont stay on very good. The phone works fine, w the exception of the cracks, dust under the screen and the back cover occasionally coming off. I like the phone, and have a smrtcase for it. My Verizon upgrade went into effect on 11/12/10 but I've been holding off hoping for a Storm 3. I couldnt hold out any longer, so what I decided to do is use my $50 credit from Verizon to get a Refurb Storm 2 for free. Then whenever the new phones come out, I'll prob go ahead and get one then. I was torn in the decision of a Refurb Storm 2 for free or a Bold for $49.00. Being that I really need a new phone, and didnt want to shell out any $$$ now because of the holidays, plus wanting to stay with the Storm line, I decide to go the free route and get the Refurb Storm 2. My Bday is in May and I'm hoping that the new devices will be out then, and I can treat myself to a Storm 3.
    12-02-10 09:39 AM
    Gotta make money somehow!!!!!
    Yeah, the American way. Rip em off because you can not because you need even more profits than the billions you're all ready making.
    12-02-10 09:42 AM
    I tried Android, but I actually prefer the BB OS.
    12-02-10 03:25 PM
    [/B]

Sounds fair to me...
    I never claimed it was fair nor how it should be, just how it is, at least some carriers...
    12-02-10 10:07 PM
    I tried Android, but I actually prefer the BB OS.
    I agree as well. I have had several Androids and they are nice for many reasons, but j do prefer BlackBerry over other phones.

12-03-10 12:39 AM
    I think we'll start seeing 4G phones in Feb./ Mar. They already announed that 4G data cards would be out in Dec. So if you can hold out I would. I have an early upgrade on 1 of my lines and want to see what companies put out the first 4G phones on verizon.

12-03-10 01:16 AM
    well im sure nothing out there compares to bb os> but i want something new in my hand not same berry with updated os. a torch like bb would b amazing im sure im not alone in that> come on everyone if ya want a torch like berry lets let vzw know. big red cant ignore the crackberry universe we r too strong
    12-03-10 08:58 AM
    So lets get big red moving we deserve the best.:d
    12-03-10 09:25 AM
    well im sure nothing out there compares to bb os> but i want something new in my hand not same berry with updated os. a torch like bb would b amazing im sure im not alone in that> come on everyone if ya want a torch like berry lets let vzw know. big red cant ignore the crackberry universe we r too strong
    So lets get big red moving we deserve the best.:d
    That's right! Let's call them right now and tell them to start making Blackberry Torch's for us all! We deserve it! We have earned it! Wait...hmmm...I just realized something, Verizon doesn't make phones. Silly us.
    12-03-10 11:49 AM
    maybe you should take your own advice about opinions. just because i blew off steam at vzw gives you the right to judge me...LOL. take it light smart guy. next time i will make sure i ask you before i post anything...LOL.
    12-03-10 02:05 PM
    next time i will make sure i ask you before i post anything...LOL.
    Yes please do. Then I can filter out the dumb comments.

12-03-10 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD