05-27-08 07:22 PM
44 12
tools
    well thats stupid I even check on my online account to see if I could change it from the unlimited to the 29.99 blackberry plan and its not an option. I guess I will be calling verizon and seeing whats up!
    12-03-07 02:05 PM
    I have a Family Plan and the BB is not on the main line. I was able to activate the 30$ data plan (12/7/07). However, I had to hang up on 5 different reps who repeatedly told me I NEED THE 45$ plan. They also told me tethering has now gone up to 30$ from 15$. But, now that I got my 30$ unlimited BIS, I'm a pretty happy camper.
    12-09-07 09:18 PM
    They also told me tethering has now gone up to 30$ from 15$. But, now that I got my 30$ unlimited BIS, I'm a pretty happy camper.
    If you are on the $29.99 BIS plan, then tethering is $30. If you're on the $45 BES plan, then tethering is $15. Total Broadband access must equal to $59.99 (just like an aircard).
    12-09-07 09:26 PM
    I want to switch to the BIS plan (obviously) if I can.

My company does not have a BES server, but we use an exchange server with Outlook Web Access.

Am I able to use the $29.99 BIS plan?
    12-10-07 12:19 PM
    If your copany doenst have a BES server, it would be a waste to get the BES plan. You should (and can) use the BIS plan for $29.99. The difference between the 2 plans is that the BES plan ($44.95) allows you to use your companys BES server to sync your work email, contacts, calendar, tasks, and memo's. If you dont use the BES server at work, its useless to you. With the BIS plan you'll still get your POP and IMAP email pushed to your device.
    12-10-07 03:35 PM
    Some have gotten OWA to work with the BIS. Check the link:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/blac...count-owa.html
    12-10-07 03:38 PM
    OK, I already access the Exchange account on my blackberry. (Work set it up.) So if I switch to the 29.99 plan, will I need to change anything or should it just work as is?
    12-10-07 08:46 PM
    If you have enterprise activation then you are going to need the $44.99 BES plan. BES is the infrastructure that allows the syncing of your Outlook via Exchange. This is what enterprises use for their Blackberry needs. BIS is the much more consumer oriented package that polls Gmail, Yahoo, or whoever your email provider may be and pushes the mail to your Blackberry. There is no syncing with BIS like BES.
    12-10-07 10:28 PM
    It worked!

I called Verizon and had them switch me. I figured if it stopped working, I'd switch it back. Well, I got two test messages (one each for my personal and professional e-mail) at midnight when they changed it, and I've been receiving messages just as before.
    12-11-07 01:43 PM
    Thanks! Just changed mine over
    12-20-07 11:49 AM
    wow....

20 minutes on the phone... searched 76318 and 73618 numerous times and NOTHING

then i told him the price and the name of the plan and BAM! we found it... and the best thing?

the code was 73618... why did it not show on the reg. search dunno?

he said this - it was under FEATURES instead of PLANS

thanks guys, you really came through

crackberry for life!
    12-20-07 09:51 PM
    Isn't this the way to go 2 use a BB 8130 on vwn ? Any Nationwide Single Line Plan (i have the 450 select plan $59.99) + Personal Email includes bb internet service compatible with pop3 and imap accounts. For $29.99 (i have) + Equiptment Protection Program ($4.99).... This is how Verizon set me up and i have had no problems.... then again i haven't got a bill yet.
    12-23-07 02:18 PM
    I called yesterday switched to BIS no problem, the CSR i talked to said the plan has only be out for about a month now..I asked about open source, she said "it will be awhile,..."
    Last edited by wallysquier; 12-24-07 at 01:37 AM.
    12-23-07 06:36 PM
    I'm chiming in a little late re: Exchange and the Blackberry. One does not need the BES plan in order to access email if their company has OWA for exchange. You will be able to access your email via BIS if OWA is set up by the company. However, this allows for the reception only of email. It will not to contacts, calendar, etc. A company needs to have a BES server for this to work - that is, if all they have is MS Exchange, having a BES plan won't do squat, because the company lacks the BES infastructure required. If the company has BES infastructure and Exchange, a BES plan is needed for full synchronization.
    12-23-07 07:19 PM
    Worked like a charm! Called the CS rep, she switched the plan (after some searching for the plan, it wasn't showing up using the code provided in this thread), and now my bill is $15 cheaper each month. I love you guys!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-07 07:48 PM
    Called up on the phone, told the guy I use BIS not BES, and I got the unlimited data for 29.95/month!
    01-04-08 10:33 AM
    Just thought I'd let everyone know that I got my Pearl yesterday and the rep gave me the two options only - 24.99 for 10mb and 44.99 unlimited.

I found this thread last night and called this morning, gave them the code and VOILA - they added it no problem!!

THANKS GUYS!!
    01-12-08 10:17 AM
    Lol! I'm still waiting for my first bill since upgrading. Hope I'm okay

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-08 02:27 PM
    Make sure your bill has everything you requested. I just looked at my bill and VZW had also added broadband connect since 11/07. Unfortunately, I didn't catch it till today. I distinctly remember the rep trying to get me to say I requested Broadband but I would only say yes, the unlimited data plan for $29.99. I think she slipped in the Broadband connect service. I called CS and they weren't very willing to help me out, even though I've been with them for 5+ years.

Funny thing is that I was just praising them today to a co-worker. I told VZW that I would be doing the opposite for awhile.

Thanks for letting me vent,

James
    05-27-08 07:22 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD