07-15-11 09:48 PM
32 12
tools
    I was hoping to get a cheap tier for people who dont use alot of data for between $10 - $15.00.
    So was I! I've had my phone for over 2 years, and not one month have I exceeded 50MB in downloads. I only use it in "emergencies" that require web browsing (such as, where's the nearest restaurant and what the reviews say about it) I also keep in touch with friends who have a BB, so I use the messenger a lot (zero texting though), and check e-mail. And that's it! Hey, weren't BBs supposedly a business phone? Oh well. $30 a month it is!

(Not switching to another carrier for sure. Tried a lot of them before deciding on Verizon. Where I live, there's barely any Sprint reception even with that "booster" thing hooked up to the computer... same with Tmobile and Cricket).
    Cheers!
    07-15-11 09:18 AM
    I think verizon should have offered a cheaper plan but I guess not. They must figure that most people will pay the $30/month regardless of usage, so why lose that revenue?

Sent from my VZW Thunderbolt.
    07-15-11 01:16 PM
    As long as you stay with a smartphone you will always keep your unlimited plan. I went from a 9650 to a Droid 3 and I kept my unlimited data. If you ever downgrade to a dumbphone you'll lose it.
    07-15-11 02:22 PM
    If you want really low data use plans prepaid is probably a better option to begin with though...
    07-15-11 05:44 PM
    If you want really low data use plans prepaid is probably a better option to begin with though...
    You have got to tell me where these prepaid low data plans are at on Verizon. I have the "Your Guide" book that I got from a Verizon store and on their monthly prepaid plans you can add unlimited data for $30 but they told me that a phone number has to be tied to the phone in order to get data. No tier prepaid data plans on Verizon. I only need about 2 GB of data or less. I got a Droid2 Global and I'd like to use it on T-Mobile but can't so I'm stuck on WiFi at home only.
    07-15-11 06:44 PM
    You have got to tell me where these prepaid low data plans are at on Verizon. I have the "Your Guide" book that I got from a Verizon store and on their monthly prepaid plans you can add unlimited data for $30 but they told me that a phone number has to be tied to the phone in order to get data. No tier prepaid data plans on Verizon. I only need about 2 GB of data or less. I got a Droid2 Global and I'd like to use it on T-Mobile but can't so I'm stuck on WiFi at home only.
    Papped is referring to pre-paid carriers, not pre-paid on Verizon. At least that's how I took the post.
    Good luck with your Droid 2.
    07-15-11 06:49 PM
    Yeah prepaid carriers. Verizon doesn't really try to compete in prepaid much at all.
    07-15-11 09:48 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD