04-01-09 02:09 PM
57 123
tools
    The only way you can get the activation waived is to get that deal from the representative in the store when you get the phone or if you sign up online. I'm in the military and they waived all fees for three lines for me and a 15% discount. When I got my first months bill though it still had the activation fees so all I had to do was call customer service and tell them about it and the fees were gone. But it showed on my account that they store was going to waive them. I had to still pay the $344 first month bill but I was refunded on my next months bill.
    Your fees would have been waived because your discount dictates that they are waived. Sometimes the fees do still show up on your first bill but are credited back on your next without having to call anyone.
    04-01-09 09:30 AM
    You can't haggle but you may be eligible for some kind of discount because of where you work. For example I get a 20% discount in my plans, some features, and accessory purchases, as well as phones bought at full retail. I also don't have to pay activation fees.
    Don't say you can't haggle, because people certainly try, but it won't get you anywhere. Like I've told others, it's not a car dealership.
    04-01-09 09:30 AM
    Haggling is a two-way thing. You can try, but if the other party doesn't participate, it isn't haggling. It is begging.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 11:44 AM
    Don't say you can't haggle, because people certainly try, but it won't get you anywhere. Like I've told others, it's not a car dealership.
    To haggle: wrangle over a price, terms of an agreement, etc.

Me when Verizon called to convert me from my current ACII loyalty plan ($50 family plan with $10 extra per line) to a standard Nationwide plan in the $60-$70 range: "I understand VZW has a Nationwide loyalty plan for $50, with similar minutes to the ACII plan. [Pause...listen to CS response] Oh, VZW doesn't have one? That's odd...I've read about such plans on various Internet sites. [Pause while CS types away] Oh, you've looked a little deeper in your system and found the plan? Great." [I declined the offer, by the way....stayed with my ACII]

Return to original thought: I was successul when I "wrangled over price and terms of an agreement." Actually sounded like a car dealership when they say, "Wait, let me talk to my manager." A minute later: "Looks like we can meet that price."
    Last edited by crackberryfan; 04-01-09 at 02:28 PM.
    04-01-09 12:56 PM
    They didn't change the price of anything though, they just didn't know where to find the plan you wanted.

Asking for a discount on a price you already agreed to pay is begging.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 01:27 PM
    They didn't change the price of anything though, they just didn't know where to find the plan you wanted.
    Understood....point well taken. Let's agree I was not haggling. Let's also agree, however, that it's difficult to believe the VZW sales rep who called me did not know about the Nationwide Loyalty plan. If you could have heard the tone, tenor and flow of the conversation I'm sure you would agree. If, in fact, the rep did not know about the plan until a customer who was cold called told her about it, shame on VZW.

Edit: pkcable's post below jogged my memory. During the cold call from VZW (see post #54 above), the rep made one last offer: add 100 bonus minutes per month for the life of the contract. Question for vatoth: Can we now call my exchange with VZW haggling?
    Last edited by crackberryfan; 04-01-09 at 02:31 PM.
    04-01-09 01:47 PM
    There are some areas where you CAN haggle for example often you can get VZW to take the rebate off the top, and sometimes you can wrangle extra minutes out of them.
    04-01-09 02:09 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD