05-15-08 01:44 AM
36 12
tools
    I wonder if they're dropping the price to clear out their Curve inventory in anticipation of the Bold? That could mean that Bold is arriving sooner rather than later.
    05-13-08 07:35 PM
    isn't the bold GSM? or maybe I'm wrong about something else, too. wouldn't be the first time today
    Last edited by davesax36; 05-13-08 at 11:47 PM.
    05-13-08 09:05 PM
    KeithF40 and jta1188 stop the grade school fighting crap NOW! If this keeps up I will shut the thread down and will result in a more harsh punishment. Now, Lets get back on topic. If you don't have nothing nice to say don't say nothing at all! And lets play nice, hate to treat adults like kids...

Thanks!
    05-13-08 09:12 PM
    Wow, I bought mine from a corporate retail store on Friday for $20 more. Definitely gonna call them in the morning for a $20 credit and I'm sure I'll get it. Plus the sales tax diff too, of course.

BTW, they just sent me a check for $2.02. Not really sure why, something about the difference in plan change since I switched to a Blackberry plan a day after my old voice plan started a new billing cycle.. Ya gotta love bureaucracy though, it probably cost them $15 to send me that check!
    05-14-08 02:26 AM
    I wouuld like to thank DHOFFMAN for the great advice i just called Verizon and argued the 20$ overcharge and they end up giving me a 20$ well deserved credit. They tried to argue the tax issue, that the price included 149 plus taxes, i argued the way i looked at it that the 149 included taxes, a big thanks to Dhoffman.
    05-14-08 09:28 AM
    That's an awesome price.

I am already in a VZW contract with an 8830. Has anyone in a contract been able to get this price? I know I'm not eligible, but was wondering if anyone's been able to do it.

Thanks
    05-14-08 10:57 AM
    It probably depends on how long you've had your 8830. If you just got it, you probably won't get a good deal, but if you've had it going on a year or so you could probably get the price if you sign up for a new 2 year agreement (and have some good bargaining tactics).
    05-14-08 12:16 PM
    isn't the bold GSM? or maybe I'm wrong about something else, too. wouldn't be the first time today
    It is, but VZW is adding a GSM overlay which should be completed by the end of the year. I wouldn't expect the Bold to be available on Verizon any time soon though, they need time to cripple it first.

Many people are speculating that once the GSM overlay is complete they're going to shut down their CDMA network at some point because GSM is cheaper to operate.
    05-14-08 12:20 PM
    I called complaining (nicely) about a billing issue with my 8830 - even after talking twice to Verizon about taking a trip to Toronto - the thing wouldn't work at all. So they credited the overages and took my bill down $48 to what it usually is monthly.
    Then I told her I wanted to complain about my 8830 not being the "World Edition" it was touted to be and that the ringer isn't loud enough. I had paid full retail price for it last year when my Treo died and have been a customer for 5 years so she was really nice to me.
    I got the me the $149 price that others have mentioned. She had to go through the internet to get it below $249. So it was $199 minus $50 mail in rebate. I've really missed having a camera on my phone.

suz
    05-14-08 12:46 PM
    That's an awesome price.

I am already in a VZW contract with an 8830. Has anyone in a contract been able to get this price? I know I'm not eligible, but was wondering if anyone's been able to do it.

Thanks

I'm hoping this is the case... I would love to get rid of my pearl for a curve!
    05-14-08 06:06 PM
    FWIW, if you bought a Curve from a corporate retail shop before the $20 price drop, just take your receipt back and they'll refund the difference, including sales tax. Net cost to me: $50! I paid 3x that much for my Razer V3m when they first came out. It's a whole lot of phone for 50 dollars!
    05-15-08 01:44 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD