05-15-08 01:44 AM
36 12
tools
    I didn't see this posted anywhere so I hope I didn't miss it and its a repost if so sorry!!

Due to red hot deal days they are now selling the Curve online:

2-yr Contract Price $299.99
    Online Discount - 100.00
    Your Price $199.99
    Plus $50 Mail-in Rebate

I mean thats about 20 dollars difference being after all rebates the original was 169 and the new red hot deal promotion is 149.

I don't know if this started to today but I don't believe it was there yesterday. And with experience I've had anytime they show and instant online discount online verizon sales rep the store will match it. They've done it for me with a few phones. They used to process your mail in rebates actually in the store and either a send them in for you or b just make it instant. Doesn't hurt to help any questions and sometimes they arent up to speed with everything. Like an example I sent my mom into a corporate store to get an annual upgrade and the sales associate told her that isn't possible and doesn't exist. Or maybe some are just ********.
    05-11-08 03:15 AM
    Wow I should send my curve back and get it for cheaper

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-08 03:56 AM
    What in the world? That pisses me off. If I call and complain will Verizon give me store credit for the difference?
    05-11-08 04:35 AM
    I was quoted $150 in-store yesterday, maybe that reflected the price change.
    05-11-08 06:08 AM
    it's not like this effects many any cuz imma have to pay retail since i just upgraded to my 8830....

o well, just have to drop the cash...cuz i wan't my curve LOL
    05-11-08 04:09 PM
    ya so did i since i got a pearl in feb.. i love my curve no regrets

it's not like this effects many any cuz imma have to pay retail since i just upgraded to my 8830....

o well, just have to drop the cash...cuz i wan't my curve LOL
    05-11-08 11:51 PM
    Why is the 8830 more expensive than the curve. Is verizon just trying to lure ppl in to their higher data and voice plans by offering the curve so cheap.
    05-12-08 01:42 AM
    well remember the world phone is a global phone so it can be used over seas with a sim card as the website shows under specifications:

# Dualband 800/1900 Mhz 1x EVDO networks
    # Dualband 900/1800 Mhz GSM/GPRS
    (outside North America)

evdo for NA gsm/grps for outside NA like it says.

thats why i'd think but i really DONT know
    05-12-08 01:47 AM
    as i say "it never hurts to try" call customer service though. tell them you want to the difference and kiss **** never be rude. You can always call back a few times just like I had to do to order my curve over the phone cause some people said the computer wouldn't allow them to do it and someone finally did.. and you can ALWAYS ask for a supervisor.. they have more power

What in the world? That pisses me off. If I call and complain will Verizon give me store credit for the difference?
    05-12-08 01:50 AM
    Idk camera and more ram vs world phone, that is probably why though.

JTA you entered into an agreement to buy a phone at a certain price, they have no obligation to lower the price for you. Returning the phone and then buying it online is alright.

If you went to a restaurant and ordered a meal then the next day it was cheaper for whatever reason, could be that the demand for the good went down, the supply went up, the cost of shipping went down, whatever, you can't go in and say I want it cheaper.

**** how about you credit me the difference between the price of my car when I bought it and it's current market value.
    05-12-08 01:54 AM
    I mean I might call and ask for a credit, but that doesn't mean I should be "pissed off" about it.

20 bucks is not worth the frustration of dealing with anyone associated with Verizon customer service, but to each his own.
    05-12-08 01:55 AM
    Idk camera and more ram vs world phone, that is probably why though.

JTA you entered into an agreement to buy a phone at a certain price, they have no obligation to lower the price for you. Returning the phone and then buying it online is alright.

If you went to a restaurant and ordered a meal then the next day it was cheaper for whatever reason, could be that the demand for the good went down, the supply went up, the cost of shipping went down, whatever, you can't go in and say I want it cheaper.

**** how about you credit me the difference between the price of my car when I bought it and it's current market value.

Well you've obviously never worked in customer service if you're trying to compare a company dropping a phone price to getting car depreciation credit.

I don't know what planet you live on, but try and think back to last summer when Apple dropped the price of the iPhone 2 months after it released. Yea, people were pissed; and they had a right to be.

The Curve was a highly anticipated phone and they're punishing the people who were loyal customers and waited for the phone to be released on Verizon; these same people bought it up as soon as it came out, and FIVE DAYS LATER they've dropped the price. Think back to the iPhone situation; that was 2 months. This is 5 days. There's quite a difference, assuming you can tell.
    05-12-08 02:43 PM
    Very nice... I just got off the phone and got my $20 credit applied to my account.

At first, they tried to say that the price on the web site and the price in the store are sometimes different and so they probably wouldn't be able to do anything. So then I asked how much money it might cost Verizon to take back the phone I just bought and have to re-package it for sale again, and then pay to ship me a brand new one so they could write it up as a web site sale... not to mention the loss of revenue that my local store would experience because of the return. I asked... isn't that really going to cost Verizon more than $20.00?

She couldn't argue... said these were valid points and agreed... and that she was putting in a credit for $20.00 plus taxes to be applied to my account.

I know it's only $20, but making that change only 4 days after I bought it, kind of left a bad taste in my mouth.

Thanks for the tip. I probably wouldn't have been looking at the web site again for quite a while had I not seen this.
    05-12-08 03:24 PM
    28 days in, I just exchanged my 8130 Pearl for the 8330 and actually received $5 back! I think the difference in price was the different case.
    05-12-08 03:28 PM
    Definatly call customer service and ask for your $20 back. Or better yet, ask for other perks for pulling such bait and switch tactics... like free message plan or something else for the life of your contact.
    05-12-08 05:13 PM
    Did the full retail price go down at all?

05-12-08 06:11 PM
    Well you've obviously never worked in customer service if you're trying to compare a company dropping a phone price to getting car depreciation credit.

I don't know what planet you live on, but try and think back to last summer when Apple dropped the price of the iPhone 2 months after it released. Yea, people were pissed; and they had a right to be.

The Curve was a highly anticipated phone and they're punishing the people who were loyal customers and waited for the phone to be released on Verizon; these same people bought it up as soon as it came out, and FIVE DAYS LATER they've dropped the price. Think back to the iPhone situation; that was 2 months. This is 5 days. There's quite a difference, assuming you can tell.
    Wasn't the iphone price drop a difference of like $200? That's just a little bit different Besides, most of the people wanting the credit probably got the phone before the scheduled release date and obviously before the scheduled promotion. I don't think $20 is that big of a sacrifice to get the Curve before most people
    05-12-08 09:41 PM
    I just got my Curve at Verizon for $49.99.

$100 promotion
    $100 Verizon upgrade customer
    $50 rebate.
    $49.99

Of course now I'm theirs for 2 more years...
    05-12-08 10:47 PM
    Wasn't the iphone price drop a difference of like $200? That's just a little bit different Besides, most of the people wanting the credit probably got the phone before the scheduled release date and obviously before the scheduled promotion. I don't think $20 is that big of a sacrifice to get the Curve before most people

It was $100, but it was after 2 MONTHS. Not 5 DAYS. That's quite a difference. Not to mention, if I got it legitimately off the site, I don't see how I got it "before the scheduled release." It was rumored to be available on the 9th online and 12th in stores, but by the time that was finalized it was already available on vzw.com
    05-13-08 01:03 AM
    wow amazing i have so many ytips to talk to them im always calling

Very nice... I just got off the phone and got my $20 credit applied to my account.

At first, they tried to say that the price on the web site and the price in the store are sometimes different and so they probably wouldn't be able to do anything. So then I asked how much money it might cost Verizon to take back the phone I just bought and have to re-package it for sale again, and then pay to ship me a brand new one so they could write it up as a web site sale... not to mention the loss of revenue that my local store would experience because of the return. I asked... isn't that really going to cost Verizon more than $20.00?

She couldn't argue... said these were valid points and agreed... and that she was putting in a credit for $20.00 plus taxes to be applied to my account.

I know it's only $20, but making that change only 4 days after I bought it, kind of left a bad taste in my mouth.

Thanks for the tip. I probably wouldn't have been looking at the web site again for quite a while had I not seen this.
    05-13-08 06:19 AM
    Ur an *****

Apple did that for customer rels

It looks bad

If u want it NOW then ur gonna pay a higher price

Suck it up and stop being a little *****, 20 bucks wah wah

05-13-08 09:04 AM
    And a free full time asian hooker YOU deserve it

05-13-08 09:06 AM
    I just got my Curve at Verizon for $49.99.

$100 promotion
    $100 Verizon upgrade customer
    $50 rebate.
    $49.99

Of course now I'm theirs for 2 more years...
    What's the "upgrade" discount? Right now I have a 450 min plan and I want to upgrade to my first BB, The Curve. Is the upgrade essentially the new every 2?
    05-13-08 11:42 AM
    Yeah looks like its the new every 2 discount.
    05-13-08 11:49 AM
    Ur an *****

Apple did that for customer rels

It looks bad

If u want it NOW then ur gonna pay a higher price

Suck it up and stop being a little *****, 20 bucks wah wah

Too bad I called, stayed on the line for 5 minutes, and they gave me a 20 dollar credit.

That'll be good for an extra 4 hours with your mom tonight.
    05-13-08 01:50 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD