Hello -
    Switched from a Treo to a Curve on Tuesday. Verizon lady transferred my contacts but did nothing else. I get home to try to set up email, but only have the Blackberry Enterprise option, not internet option in set up. Also no browser. Call tech support, try to register many times with no luck. Says the network engineers will fix it (but obviously not yet!) Took it back to the store yesterday where they tell me there's an outage, but I can find no mention of this online. Did I get a lemon? Still not registered! I need my email! Anyone else have this problem? How did you resolve it? Thanks!
    07-24-08 12:06 PM
    I'm assuming that since your with verizon that you had to be set up with a data plan in order for them to even activate it. You might want to call them and double check that the data plan, BIS, was set up
    07-24-08 12:08 PM
    Just called back to check on the status. Trouble ticket NOT EVEN ASSIGNED YET. He did confirm the data plan was activated.
    07-24-08 02:04 PM
    Why not just set it up from the website? You can send the service books from there too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-08 02:40 PM
    More specific for a blackberry virgin please - WHAT website? Thanks.
    07-24-08 03:12 PM
    I assume you're talking about the BB site. Tried that. It won't let me do anything until I've registered, which I am STILL unable to do.
    07-24-08 03:17 PM
    try through verizons homepage or there BIS site which i'm lookin for the thread now i'll put it up when i find it
    07-24-08 03:19 PM
    www.blackberry.com/go/VZW

07-24-08 03:20 PM
    Why not just set it up from the website? You can send the service books from there too.

Yeah... I do not even have the slightest idea as to what you are talking about! How do you expect her to??

Since when can you activate you own data plan from the website? Are you talking about VZW's BIS site?! If so, she cannot access it yet, since her BIS does not seem to be active...

*EDIT* : And I see you posted a link... and it did not direct me anywhere...
    07-24-08 03:21 PM
    My curve had an issue where the browser wasn't available when I first got it. Called Tech Support and they walked me through setting up the BIS account and updating service books. From there problem solved and have had no issues concerning e-mail or browser since.

07-24-08 03:33 PM
    So HOW do you set up the BIS account and service books? I can't do anything on the BB site since I am unable to register and Verizon is apparently STILL working on it. I hope.
    07-24-08 03:42 PM
    No BB comes with the services books. You have to register the device through BIS/BES. I can't post links yet, otherwise I would walk you through the process, but from my experience VZW wouldn't sell a BB without a data plan, so unless someone really messed up on their end, it might not be a VZW problem, unless, of course, they put you on the wrong data plan.
    Last edited by fractured; 07-24-08 at 07:05 PM.
    07-24-08 06:29 PM
    make sure you are off the PDA plan and on a BIS plan and did you pull the battery out yet?
    07-24-08 06:45 PM
    Even if your BB device with VZW is on the BES plan, it will still work with BIS.

The extra cost is for the corporate provisioning. Therefore, it does not matter which plan you are on. If you are on the $45 plan, make sure that you check for this on your first bill, or call VZW to verify. If you catch the error before end of your first billing cycle, they can back date the change and there will be no proations or credits needed.

Another great option to check is your my verizon account. You can what features are on the account. If you do not have this account, go to Verizon.com and sign up. There are so many other things you can do with account as well.

Call VZW and they will change it and credit the difference. Unless you wait for several months to call them.
    07-24-08 08:14 PM
    THanks for all the responses! Yes, I have pulled the battery, many times. They did say I have a data plan, but I don't remember which one, so I will call back and double check. I'm fairly certain they said it was the $45 one. I would have certainly expected the tech people to check that first thing though! ANd, yes, missing browser icon too.
    07-25-08 11:32 AM
    SO! I did have the BES plan, which they changed. Went through a bunch of tests, none of which worked. Guy finally calls the network engineer, since I've had a ticket in since Tuesday. Just called back and said apparently anyone who activated in the last two weeks has had this problem and they are having to fix them one by one! So I'm still in line, next couple of days he says. Oy.
    07-25-08 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD