I recently saw a post about a new Curve coming outat some point by the end of this month. Does anyone know or can anyone confirm the post that I saw. If anyone has any info on the differences please post. I am very curious about this new phone, if there is one. Thanks
    01-26-09 07:24 PM
    There is a new curve. Has not come out on VZW and not sure that it will. THe next slated BB for VZW is the Bold
    01-26-09 08:58 PM
    check out Cell phone reviews, news and specs - Phone Arena or Phone Scoop or Engadget Mobile

they will keep you pretty well informed on new phones.
    01-26-09 09:01 PM
    Cool I will have to check it out!
    01-26-09 09:03 PM
    yeah i visit those sites rather frequently. but i am also a technology nerd. i just like all emerging technology, so those sites interest me!
    01-26-09 09:05 PM
    I wish that VZW would upgrade their phones and get the new Curve or Bold like phones---I hear this year sometime, but not sure when.
    01-26-09 09:18 PM
    We don't know when we are getting the next round of Blackberries. The speculation on these boards is May.

My personal estimation will be 1 in the fall and another before Christmas. VZW is still heavily pushing the Storm. It wouldn't make sense to bring out another BB just a couple months afterwards. Imagine all the Storm owners who are not satisfied with their device wanting to upgrade when they are not eligible. Major uproar.

These phones will probably get pushed out in 6-9 months intervals which make more sense. And 1 has to hold out for the holiday rush.
    01-26-09 09:47 PM
    Not quite in agreement rw. Help me out here. What was the time period between the Pearl & Curve on VZW? I am not a Pearl fan, so I didn't pay much attention to it, but wasn't it like 6 months?

If it was 6 months, that would put a May release in line with reality. Then a pre-Christmas release of another would be about another 6 months.

Of course, if I am mistaken on the period between the Pearl & Curve, this could be out the window.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 12:26 AM
    Twins I think you're right about the 6 month difference from the Curve and Pearl. However the original poster here "heard" a new Curve was comming out end of this month....which technically would put it this week.

I personally don't really see a new BB til after the 2nd quarter. I'd like to think that after the Storm launch, we'd think twice before putting out a device that just wasn't ready for prime time. To put it short, it was a fiasco. Device Defects...software defects....everyone thinking it was a BB Iphone...It took several weeks to sort out the problems. This is why I see no rush in putting out a new BB til it's ready. So despite manufacturers having it ready by as early as May..I just wouldn't expect it til after the summer.
    01-27-09 08:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD