11-13-09 10:38 AM
    And the smartphone community yawns...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 11:13 AM
    Old news and why did you post it everywhere?

11-13-09 11:28 AM
    Definition for Everywhere being in the Verizon forum because its to be released by VZW, and in the 8530 rumored device forum because of obvious reason. I guess two out of over 100 sections on this forum is everywhere.
    11-13-09 11:39 AM
    Cross posting again?

Baaaaaaaaad, very baaaaaaaad!

Excuse me - I just yawned again.

11-13-09 11:42 AM
    Oh great Twins has joined the forum police academy.
    11-13-09 11:43 AM
    Another one?! Why don't they just hold off and make something different. The more they pull this sh** the more I think of going to the Droid (or some other Android device).... but I'd miss my push email
    11-13-09 11:46 AM
    Oh great Twins has joined the forum police academy.
    That's enough out of you. Forum police don't liberally peper their responses with &

And yet another yawn - I need to head to an exciting thread...

11-13-09 11:50 AM
    Yeah I guess like all new models the only differences are WIFI, memory, and with the curve2 a touchpad.
    11-13-09 11:59 AM
    Polish a terd it is still a terd

11-13-09 02:38 PM
    Dang how innovative!
    11-13-09 04:09 PM
    Dang how innovative!
    I liked it, as it is true, when talking about CrapBerrys
    11-13-09 07:34 PM
    A lot of people's favorite most reliable berry is a curve 8330...
    11-13-09 08:34 PM
    My first smart phone was and still is my curve. But with the new phones comming out rim has to step it up. I am not jumping on the droidwagon as of yet. I still have a few months left I really like the tp2, the droid is cool, but if the hero came to vzw... I am deff. Getting that. And the iphone... I hate all thing apple, I am a pc.

11-14-09 04:37 AM
    I tried to edit my post. I shouldn't text before 6 am. The hero is out dumb *** it is called the eris... Coffee coffee coffee

11-14-09 05:17 AM
    Coffee coffee coffee
    So you're yawning too?

11-14-09 11:51 AM
    Twins, I have a question for you. You always seem to be talking about how WinMo and Android and everything else is better than Blackberry, and I actually tend to agree with you for most functions. But for email -- STRICTLY EMAIL -- do you think Blackberry is best? Or do you still think some other platform is better, and if so, why?

I think Blackberry takes it on email. PUSH/instant email for all email -- not just those with MS Exchange servers -- is unbeatable. Not to mention the interface and speed is ridiculously simple and effective. Yeah, folders aren't really that great, but this is a phone -- not a computer. I think sometimes people get too hung up on trying to turn their phone into a computer. For speed and simplicity, I think BB is best for email. Since you seem to know a lot about smart phones, I would be curious if you think there is a better phone for just email... disregarding other features of the phone.
    11-14-09 07:26 PM
    So besides the yawning. Does anyone think the VZW will have the same early upgrade thing for curve users as they are doing with the storm.. Might be a good way to make money with all the people with 8330 curve (including myself)

11-14-09 08:09 PM
    Twins, I have a question for you. You always seem to be talking about how WinMo and Android and everything else is better than Blackberry, and I actually tend to agree with you for most functions. But for email -- STRICTLY EMAIL -- do you think Blackberry is best? Or do you still think some other platform is better, and if so, why?

I think Blackberry takes it on email. PUSH/instant email for all email -- not just those with MS Exchange servers -- is unbeatable. Not to mention the interface and speed is ridiculously simple and effective. Yeah, folders aren't really that great, but this is a phone -- not a computer. I think sometimes people get too hung up on trying to turn their phone into a computer. For speed and simplicity, I think BB is best for email. Since you seem to know a lot about smart phones, I would be curious if you think there is a better phone for just email... disregarding other features of the phone.
    The push email is hard to beat with BlackBerry, but there are other components to email that a lot of folks forget about - some may or may not be important to any given user.

HTML rendering is poor, at best with BlackBerry. Throw in a script or two & it gets rather difficult. Images are often skewed or you have to download them separately. A favorite test email of mine is from Buy.com - sign up for their weekly or daily specials & see if you can view the email on your phone. I see issues even with the specials mailers from the carriers & even some from RIM. Regardless of settings, many of these emails choke BlackBerrys.

Now if all you get is email from other BlackBerry users, you're okay - but most of us want more.

Folders, HTML composition, filters & schedules are other areas where BlackBerry falls apart. Again, these may or may not be important to you, but most people would like their email to at least function somwhat similarly to the computer at home or work.

The push email aspect is just one small component - it is how the message gets from the server to your device. This part is where BlackBerry does excel. It is after the receipt of that email where BlackBerry falls apart.

And both Microsoft & Google are offering push email of their own - still beta, but available anyway - so the one BlackBerry advantage vanishes.

If all you get is text-based email, you will love BlackBerry. Get the wrong commercial subscription email & BlackBerry chokes. For me, I'd rather wait a couple minutes & be able to read the message.

11-14-09 08:19 PM
    So besides the yawning. Does anyone think the VZW will have the same early upgrade thing for curve users as they are doing with the storm.. Might be a good way to make money with all the people with 8330 curve (including myself)

No, no one thinks that.
    11-15-09 09:21 PM
    For me, its all about push.

11-15-09 10:59 PM
    For me, its all about push.

I agree on top of that its the comfort zone of a phone and for me a bb works... and also because I don't expect it to make eggs and bacon in the morning.
    11-16-09 07:31 AM
    Old news and why did you post it everywhere?

Because that is what he does. He is a troll.
    11-16-09 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD