Here we go.

I and my family have an old Alltel contract. We have 2000 minutes, texting, 20 people on our circle of friends, etc. We have 4 blackberries on our contract presently.

My phone is eligible for replacement, in Nov. My wife and 2 boyz phones are eligible in Feb., I believe. Since we have the old Alltel contract, when I get a new phone, does my "old contract" go away, and I get a rate increase/change of plan so to speak from what I have ??

If this has been ask before, I apologize for re-asking.

I'd thoght about SPRINT, but wasn't impressed at what I have seen for plans.

Thanx
    08-15-10 04:40 AM
    You can keep your Alltel plan even if you upgrade to a Verizon BlackBerry. That's what I did when I got my Tour.
    08-15-10 06:50 AM
    And yes your ' OLD CONTRACT ' does go away, and you sign a new one with verizon if you choose to get the new handsets at a discount with an agreement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 08:19 AM
    From what I remember, as long as your contract is up and you're not taking advantage of an early upgrade, you can keep your existing Alltel plan.

In my area of south east Idaho, Verizon was allowing any Alltel customer to upgrade at any time to a Verizon phone at discounted pricing. The catch was you had to give up your Alltel plan and sign for a current Verizon calling plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 11:18 AM
    Thanx, for the replies !!!
    08-15-10 03:36 PM
    I got to upgrade just fine. We are still on our 900 minute NF plan from Alltel.
    08-16-10 09:58 AM
    Anyone still carrying an Alltel branded phone is automatically eligible to upgrade to a VZW branded phone as VZW states it will make the reception better. You CAN keep your old Alltel plan exactly as it is BUT CANNOT make any changes to it. Cannot add a line or reduce minutes etc....

To receive the new phones you do have to sign a new 2 year contract.

Hope this helps
    08-17-10 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD