So recently, some of the carriers have made announcements:
    AT&T's "A-List"
    Sprints upgrading their Everything Plans to include unlimited Mobile to Mobile plans (unlimited calling only includes Mobile to Mobile)

Before I post my opinion, I would like to know what everyone thinks about these changes, and how they may impact the industry
    09-13-09 04:25 AM
    And one of the posts that made me curious was Twinz post which included... "Voice revenues are getting squeezed in the cell phone market."
    09-13-09 04:31 AM
    I will gladly pay whatever VZW offers, well I don't need to explain my reasons. Just that I love VZW!

Thnx, Tripster

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 04:48 AM
    And one of the posts that made me curious was Twinz post which included... "Voice revenues are getting squeezed in the cell phone market."
    Everyone is going to data usage, be it text or email, and all of the companies are losing voice revenue. That's why you are seeing companies following eachother as far as requiring data plans for data phones, etc.
    09-13-09 05:08 AM
    So recently, some of the carriers have made announcements:
    AT&T's "A-List"
    Sprints upgrading their Everything Plans to include unlimited Mobile to Mobile plans (unlimited calling only includes Mobile to Mobile)

Before I post my opinion, I would like to know what everyone thinks about these changes, and how they may impact the industry
    The other carriers can't compete with coverage and service so they are fighting back with price cuts on their plans.
    09-13-09 05:09 AM
    Agreed that people are going more for data. Voice is just going out like a letter and stamp!
    09-13-09 07:36 AM
    Everyone is going to data usage, be it text or email, and all of the companies are losing voice revenue. That's why you are seeing companies following eachother as far as requiring data plans for data phones, etc.
    you still have to pay for voice minutes even if you dont use them. That seems to be a win for the phone company.
    09-13-09 09:53 AM
    not necessarily at least verizon offers a data only BB plan. You still have a phone number but you pay per min.
    I've seen em on plans before; its essentially for people who want to use a bb for what it was intended to be.
    think ipod touch vs iphone.
    09-13-09 11:34 AM
    The other carriers can't compete with coverage and service so they are fighting back with price cuts on their plans.
    Ive ben on sprint for 3 years and ive never had any problem with there coverage or service all around great. T mobile on the other hand there networks just trash.

Im probably going to get the storm 2 on Verizon when it comes out but im gonna keep my sprint tour still as my main communication phone.
    09-13-09 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD