Just saw this in phone scoop this morning. Haven't seen it discussed in the forums anywhere:

http://www.phonescoop.com/wml/news_item.php?id=3973

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 08:23 AM
    Verizon Wireless Confirms New Browser Headed to Handsets
    Today, 7:08 AM by Eric M. Zeman

Verizon Wireless has been putting a new mobile web browser onto its feature phones from technology partner Novarra. Novarra's browser replaces the Open Wave browser that's been on Verizon's phones for years. The Novarra browser uses a proxy to re-render web sites for consumption on mobile phones. The result is a much more PC-like browsing environment, with richer graphics, Flash support, and e-commerce support. Verizon said the new browser will also become available to smartphones over time. Verizon Wireless said it will have more details about the browser soon.

kinda cool. This is for the mobile web browser though for now. This will improve the experience for regular phones. Glad to see this as the open wave browser stinks
    Last edited by lastraid; 02-15-09 at 08:32 AM.
    02-15-09 08:29 AM
    Good to hear they are replacing open wave! Its so outdated its not funny lol. Flash Support I think everyone w/ a bb wants that! So maybe they will get on the ball!!!

Thanks for posting chrisy520

02-15-09 08:37 AM
    That is not for BlackBerry, though. Flash requires an API (Application Programming Interface). BlackBerry doesn't have an API, but WinMo, Symbian, Android & dumbphones do.

That is one of the shortcomings of the BlackBerry OS.

02-15-09 02:48 PM
    Yeah, the article only mentions that it's coming to "smart phones" soon. So you don't think it could be adapted for use on blackberry?

02-15-09 03:26 PM
    For the BB to support Flash, RIM would have to develop an API for it, doesn't exist right now
    02-15-09 03:34 PM
    Bummer!!! Oh well, false excitement then.

02-15-09 03:35 PM
    you should see the youtube video of it working on a new voyager...

The voyager runs YOUTUBE mobile better than the storm..... AND, it allows ecommerce running from the phone.....

They say they will allow smartphones to run it eventually.....
    02-17-09 07:51 AM
    For the BB to support Flash, RIM would have to develop an API for it, doesn't exist right now
    Party pooper! I still have hope that RIM will develop this API and or add the support to the native browser!
    02-17-09 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD