I'm new to posting in the forums and hope that this question hasn't been asked or belongs somewhere else. My contract with Verizon has ended and I need a new phone. Love my Curve and want a new Blackberry but when is a new release anticipated and what is it expected to be? I can't hold on much longer and am considering going to AT&T for the torch. I don't want to leave Verizon for AT&T. Help! and Thanks!
    08-30-10 12:18 PM
    leaving VZW for AT&T i think is suicide. AT&T is more expensive and bad service. rumors have it that VZW is coming out with a storm3 sumtime in october. the new curve 9300 is a CDMA band so, sprint is supposted to be getting it first but nothing has release about verizob getting it yet........verizon has got the 9650 and i love mine. but if u can hold on for another 2-3 months u may see the new S3 or the 9300
    08-30-10 12:23 PM
    The Torch is a GREAT option, and I've thought of going that way AND if I was in your situation I would, BUT having said that, if you want to stay with Verizon there are some good BB devices coming. Additionally the 9650 which I'm currently running is among the best of what's currently out there. Coming this fall you can expect a Storm3 (or more like a Storm2.5) which will be like the Storm2 but with more muscle, (that is more memory, a better camera & a better OS) also the 9330 or Curve3??? (the next curve) should also be coming if you want a keyboard device. PLUS like I said the 9650 is a great device and it will be getting the new OS (6.0) also. And on a final note there is a strange clamshell device expected too the 9670 that I guess is the like the pearl flip, but in this case is a curve or bold flip??? (I guess bold flip since they are said to be giving it a 96XX number)
    08-30-10 12:54 PM
    Just a side note about switching from Verizon to AT&T. I made that switch and didn't last with AT&T more than 9 months. They have better rural coverage for my area but the continuous dropped calls were enough to make me switch back to VZW and I haven't looked back.
    08-30-10 01:45 PM
    Thanks. I think I will hang on. If I can! Love my Curve (first generation) but I really need a phone and might not have an option. I perplexed why Blackberry would offer a camera without a flash. That is why I didn't get the latest curve.
    09-03-10 08:35 AM
    Thanks. I think I will hang on. If I can! Love my Curve (first generation) but I really need a phone and might not have an option. I perplexed why Blackberry would offer a camera without a flash. That is why I didn't get the latest curve.
    I thought the same thing: camera with no flash...I didn't get it either.
    09-03-10 10:07 AM
    AT&T has great buying power which brings in a lot of new models; unfortunately this does not change the fact that their coverage is weak. Why have the best phone when you can't use it?
    09-05-10 11:02 AM
    AT&T has great buying power which brings in a lot of new models; unfortunately this does not change the fact that their coverage is weak. Why have the best phone when you can't use it?
    Because it has an "i" before the name LOL
    09-07-10 07:28 PM
    No flash coming on the next one either. I had the new curve and sold it and switched back to my 8330! I wish RIM would make a refresh of the original curve with new chipset and updated memory, same keyboard same size. Man that would be perfect.
    09-09-10 01:35 PM
    people always talk about how bad ATT is but seriously is it THAT bad? ive been with verizon for the past 5 years, and t-mobile before that, so i've never really experienced ATT's service
    09-22-10 11:47 AM
    I had ATT, it was good but it was also my first carrier and I was just happy to ahve a phone.
    09-25-10 06:22 AM
    I had AT&T recently. Their service isn't bad, but their biggest weakness in my area is their lack of 3G. What's the point in having a 3G device if you can't use the data at a decent speed. Downloading or browsing on Edge is a joke.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-10 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD