Hey guys,

I read through several topics and threads about already used PINs, but I hope my situation is a little different.
    I am starting off with the same old thing - yes, I bought the BB Tour on ebay:

"cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270474052352&ssPageNam e=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123"

I have received it a few days later with everything inside the package:
    -sim card, accessories, support card etc.
    As I am a student in the UK, I love to use the blackberry, however I travel a lot and therefore I have a monthly subscription to the service. My previous phone has been a pearl and this feels like a major upgrade for me.
    I called orange to change my PIN to my new blackberry. they were unable to do so as the PIN seems registered to another user at verizon. I think this is impossible, because my phone has never been touched.
    However when I did switch it on for the first time I had a weird activation required for BES. also my web browser seems to be missing.
    after some googling and reading through forums, I managed to get rid of the activation required and get it to show maps (which it previously didn't).
    Now when I pop in the old sim card that was delivered with the phone, it gets rejected and I have no way in finding out what number it is (or do I?) so I am unable to call verizon.
    Now, I have contacted the seller a few moments ago and awaiting for his reply. I will update this thread and tell you how it goes.
    Meanwhile however I was wondering if you have any suggestions on how to tackle this problem - ultimately the last solution would be to contact RIM?
    thanks

mmackh
    11-07-09 05:54 AM
    You can call VZW CS and talk to tech support. if the ESN is not associated with an account, we can delete the BIS info. I have had this exact situation before and we just had to make sure the ESN was not lost or stolen and was not on an active line. You should be good. RiIM is another good option, keep in mind you have to pay for their support.
    11-07-09 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD