Blackberry's going to be offering their own service plan soon.

Any Verizon employees care to share their thoughts on the pros and cons in comparison to the insurance currently offered by Verizon?

I'm grandfathered in to an old insurance plan that's way cheap, but at first glance, this does seem like a great, more economic alternative to the insurance plan currently offered for smart phones.

What does everyone else think?

The new BlackBerry Care Protection Plan covers hardware damage for latest handsets | CrackBerry.com

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! 
    03-16-15 06:16 PM
    Personally I think the deductible is high but I'm not one to get after warranty protection plans so who am I to comment?
    james-007 likes this.
    03-16-15 08:53 PM
    The least that I take away from this is that they are finally getting "involved". Very happy to see that.

On the other hand, they can just stop producing garbage double typing keyboards and maybe they won't have to have a claims department.

Posted via CB10
    3_M4N likes this.
    03-17-15 01:38 AM
    Don't confuse warranty with insurance. Warranty covers issues with a manufacturer defect. Insurance covers damage caused by a "sudden and accidental" event. The deductible seems reasonable. $149 for a passport you ran over is pretty sweet!
    NO Manufacture on the planet can make a phone that will be defect free. That's why they have a service/warranty department. Be glad they do!

Z30-Z10-Q10-9900-Playbook
    3_M4N likes this.
    03-17-15 01:49 AM
    The BlackBerry Care contract states they have 60 days to send replacement and once the repair or replacement value reaches MSRP you are done for 12 months. Also doesn't say that there is no deductible (that I could find) for extended warranty coverage, but I could be wrong. No lost/stolen coverage.

Compare to Verizon Wireless TEC:

-$9/month
    -$99 deductible for ONLY ADH & LOST/STOLEN claims
    -extended warranty claim shipped overnight if reported by 4pm by calling Verizon Wireless
    -insurance claim shipped overnight if reported to Asurion by 11:59pm
    -no limits to extended warranty claims
    -2 replacements per 12 months insurance limit
    -NO repairs available (never without a phone)

I think those are the big ones. Let me know if you have any questions.

Posted via CB10
    3_M4N likes this.
    03-17-15 05:43 AM
    It seems the biggest difference would be the coverage of lost and stolen phones.

It's nice that BlackBerry will be offering the extended warranty on its products though. Could be a great. Complementary source of revenue while helping maintain BlackBerry's high quality hardware, if they can convince the consumer of the addition of value.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! 
    03-17-15 10:32 AM
    From the Blackberry site:
    AVAILABILITY AND PRICING
    The BlackBerry Care Protection Plan is available to all BlackBerry Passport, BlackBerry Classic and BlackBerry Leap smartphone customers in the US and Canada. It is available to purchase within 30 days of your BlackBerry smartphone purchase.

Convenient monthly plans can protect your device for up to two years and are offered as follows:

$4.75 Cdn per month for BlackBerry Classic smartphones
    $5.25 Cdn per month for BlackBerry Passport smartphones
    $4.25 Cdn per month for BlackBerry Leap smartphones
    The deductibles2 are affordable too:

$99 for BlackBerry Classic
    $129 for BlackBerry Passport
    $49 for BlackBerry Leap

Z30-Z30-Z10-Q10-9900-9900-Playbook-x3
    3_M4N likes this.
    03-19-15 04:01 PM