Effective, Fri., 8/14, the BlackBerry "Buy One Get Any" promotion is back! Mix and match a BlackBerry with another BlackBerry of equal or lesser value free after MIR or get creative and mix in another device (including NetBook & MiFi) at equal or lesser value free after MIR.

BlackBerry Devices (Added BOGA) 8/14-10/3
    Tour $199.99 (After $100 MIR)
    Storm $99.99 (After $100 MIR)
    Pearl Flip $79.99 (After $100 MIR)
    Curve $49.99 (After $100 MIR)
    8830 $49.99 (After $100 MIR)
    Motorola (Added BOGO) 8/14-9/7
    Rival $29.99 (After $50 MIR)

Customers who purchased Buy and Get devices before the start of a BOGO (Buy One Get One) offer, may later request and be given a price adjustment consistent with that BOGO offer.
    Customers who purchased a Buy device before the start of a BOGO offer, or during the BOGO offer, but did not purchase a get device at the same time, may later qualify for a free Get device if they add or upgrade an additional line.
    The following requirements apply:
    Customer must return for a price adjustment, exchange, upgrade or add a line within 30 days of initial purchase.
    The Buy device must be active at the time of request for price adjustment.
    The free Get device must be active or activated at the time of the request for price adjustment.
    Customer needs to pay the difference on the Buy device if originally purchased at a lower price than the current offer at the time of the request for price adjustment, upgrade or add a line.
    BOGO offer must be available or active at time of request for price adjustment, upgrade or add a line.
    All BOGO eligibility requirements must be met.
    08-14-09 03:01 PM
    08-14-09 03:28 PM
    So, if this is in fact a BOGA and not BOGO, where on the Verizon Wireless website can I find that info, so I can bring it into my local store and do it for a basic phone for my daughter?
    08-22-09 12:20 PM
    My local store wasn't. Now, is the BOGA only good for something that would require a specific data plan, like a myfi, BB, or netbook?

Or can it be used on just another regular phone? This would be huge with respect to my daughter being able to afford the enV 3 that she wants.
    08-23-09 08:20 AM
    I think you just hit the issue.....It is a Freedom Wireless authorized dealer, not a corporate store. But seeing as you are saying it is available in corporate stores, I am sure I can get them to make a call to confirm.
    08-23-09 10:05 AM
    The Authorized store doesn't have to honor our deals, they can sell the phones for whatever they wish.
    08-23-09 12:15 PM
    I would hope that knowing it is out there they would, or risk losing any purchases from me to the store that is 40 minutes away for me........
    08-23-09 03:38 PM
    Are you able to take advantage of this offer when you're upgrading?
    08-23-09 09:32 PM
    Are you able to take advantage of this offer when you're upgrading?
    Yes, as long as you have a second line on the account that is also eligable for upgrade.
    08-23-09 09:36 PM
    Yes, as long as you have a second line on the account that is also eligable for upgrade.
    Thats where a lot of people get confused... and for good reason... BOGO is misconstrued all the time as just a free phone with no strings...
    You need to have two lines eligible to upgrade; one line eligible and add a new; or get 2 new lines.
    *sigh*
    I hope theres a bogo in April...
    08-23-09 09:44 PM
    Yeah....

I would be upograding my enV to a BB and then getting something on a new line for my daughter.

I would, of course, like to take advantage of this as late in the offer as possible. IIRC, I think it runs until sometime in October. And then there is the new info posted via BGR that shows October as a release date for Storm 2. I am pretty much set on the Curve as my first BB from the perspective of being a solid/mature device and that I would net it for free. And this is even knowing that the OS is not as speedy as on the Tour, that the GPS is locked, etc.....However, I would like to see the Stormo 2 in action and see if the Piezo technology makes the typing experience on the glass/touch better for me.
    08-24-09 06:39 AM
    Thank you for this, on the Verizon Wireless website it says my price for the Samsung Alias 2 is $79. I purchased my BBTour on 8/14 online and did not get the BOGO at the time. I called Verizon and asked about the BOGO and the Alias 2 will be delivered to me at no charge. My other half neither needs or wants a BB and has been pleased with his original Alias and doesn't like any of the other new ones any better than what he already has. The better keyboard and slightly better camera are all he wants.
    I would also like to add all of the people I have spoken to at Verizon have been great. I have spoken to two BB tech people and this sales person and they have all been very nice and helpful and have never acted like they wanted to hurry me up so they could get to the next call. Verizon is doing a good job of choosing their phone support people and training them. I have been with Verizon since it was Air Touch in California and GTE in Tennessee (approximately 15 years) and I remain a loyal customer.
    08-24-09 12:09 PM
    Yeah....

I would be upograding my enV to a BB and then getting something on a new line for my daughter.

I would, of course, like to take advantage of this as late in the offer as possible. IIRC, I think it runs until sometime in October. And then there is the new info posted via BGR that shows October as a release date for Storm 2. I am pretty much set on the Curve as my first BB from the perspective of being a solid/mature device and that I would net it for free. And this is even knowing that the OS is not as speedy as on the Tour, that the GPS is locked, etc.....However, I would like to see the Stormo 2 in action and see if the Piezo technology makes the typing experience on the glass/touch better for me.
    Now it's even better with the Tour being dropped $50. I think I wait a little more and see what the Storm 2 is all about. Sounds very cool. And then if the typing experience isn't great for me, I can net the Tour at $99 with my NE2. I can stomach that. Of course, if we get a clearer picture of release date for the Tour with wifi, then I think I wait for that.

I liked the idea of the Curve, but with beta updated OSes rolling out now for the Tour, I think I will likely end up going that route, if not the S2.
    08-26-09 07:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD