Hello,
    I have a free upgrade with Verizon this summer in August. I currently have the Pearl 8130. I want to switch to a full size blackberry but I DON'T want the storm because I'm not a fan of touch screens.

Is Verizon going to have any new blackberries for me to choose from in August?

Their curve 8330 is dated and so is their 8830. I would prefer to get something newer. What should I do? And why are there no options to choose different colors?! My friend has a black blackberry and I think it looks cooler than silver.
    04-20-09 08:04 PM
    The 9630 Niagara will be the successor to the 8830, and should be out within the next month or so. Nice looking device. I know the 8930 replacement for the 8330 Curve is in the works, but don't know when it will be out. Also, the Pearl Flip is said to be coming to Verizon as well.
    04-20-09 08:09 PM
    Cool! Thanks for the info! Any chance the 8930 will come out in time for my upgrade in august?
    04-20-09 08:12 PM
    I was talking to our BB rep the other day and although technically they can't tell us when it will be out or even phone specifics he said to look fo it in late summer. Your NE2 is good as long as you don't use it so if the Niagra isn't out quite yet when you are eligable just wait.
    I'm hoping it won't be like the storm where the date was pushed a couple of times. I'm really wanting the new Niagra as well. As far as color you probably won't have a lot of options. I got the pink curve but then I put a black soft hard case/shell on it. It gives my screen a tiny buffer if I drop it face down as well as protecting the rest of the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 08:34 PM
    Patience may be difficult, but sometimes waiting can be a good thing if you want the newer device. From what I'm am seeing, the wait will be worth it.
    04-20-09 09:07 PM
    I'll prolly end up paying full price for both the niagara and the 8930 curve. Just to have both devices. well, full price minus my emp discount.
    04-20-09 09:27 PM
    I'll prolly end up paying full price for both the niagara and the 8930 curve. Just to have both devices. well, full price minus my emp discount.
    I don't think there is going to be an 8930 curve. I have not seen any info about this other than speculation. I know CX seemed to think there was going to be some time back (that and a CDMA Bold) but all of the info we though twas going to be the new Bold was instead the 9630 and there has been no real info about a CDMA Curve 8900. If I'm wrong please provide a link as I'd love to see it.

The 9630 seems to be a replacement for the 8830 and Curve lines for CDMA and with the best feature of the Bold (they keyboard) thrown in for good measure. The next device in the pipe for us will be the Pluto (touch screen Bold) most likely or Perl Flip. Supposedly there is going to be a 3G 8900 (called 9300) and assumably a CDMA variant on that at some point, but that would be sometime next year.
    04-20-09 11:43 PM
    We will see a Pearl Flip before anything else.
    04-20-09 11:45 PM
    We will see a Pearl Flip before anything else.
    Could be, but I'm still betting on Niagara in May or June and Perl Flip this fall if they plan on carrying it. All this talk about the next touch screen device that the RIM insider talked about in that interview and everyone seems to think is Storm 2, I'm betting on it being Pluto (or the CDMA version of Pluto). We'll see I guess :-)
    04-21-09 12:33 AM
    rogers sell pearl flip 8220 and bell and telus sells at 8230 already and it started 2 or 3 months ago
    04-21-09 01:04 AM
    rogers sell pearl flip 8220 and bell and telus sells at 8230 already and it started 2 or 3 months ago
    Oh I know that. but there still has been no real info about when VZW will get it.
    04-21-09 02:52 AM
    The 9630 should be out in may...and by august most of those bugs will probably be worked out.
    04-21-09 08:01 AM
    You don't get employee pricing on full retail.
    04-21-09 10:03 AM
    Hello,
    I have a free upgrade with Verizon this summer in August.
    Your upgrade will be "up to" 50 dollars or "up to" 100 dollars, depending on your price plan, not totally free.
    04-21-09 10:04 AM
    Hello,
    I have a free upgrade with Verizon this summer in August.
    Are you the primary on the account? If not you will be paying 2yr pricing.
    04-21-09 11:41 AM
    How do you figure that the 8330 is "dated"?!
    04-21-09 11:42 AM
    It is OFFICIAL and from a reliable source within the company (not from the imaginations & machinations of BGR)!

New BlackBerrys are coming before summer!

In a complete revamp of offerings, there will be at least THREE NEW MODELS (possibly more), all with LTE capability!

You will have all features, including (but not limited to), GPS, voice-dialing, super-fast LTE protocol, BBMaps, and a whole lot more! Touchscreens, folders, QWERTY keyboards, SureType options, haptic feedback, extended-life batteries and full HTML will all be available.

You will have a choice of colors, accessories and more.

And yes, these will definitely be out before the beginning of summer!

The only question remains, summer of which year...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LOL, what's "haptic feedback"?
    04-21-09 11:48 AM
    You don't get employee pricing on full retail.
    Seriously? I coulda sworn someone here said we get 20% off of full retail.
    04-21-09 12:00 PM
    Seriously? I coulda sworn someone here said we get 20% off of full retail.
    No one gets anything off of full retail, full retail is full retail.
    04-21-09 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD