Hey All! I'm new to Crackberry and am not currently an owner of a Blackberry. I got the Storm the day it came out and returned it 29 days later...probably no need to explain why. So, that was my first/only Blackberry and right now I'm using my Samsung phone.

Here's my question: Since VZW is discounting their Pearl (currently free) and the curve ($80) do you think they're coming out with some replacements any time soon? I like the curve and the reviews are awesome. I'm just really nervous about using my NE2 on the Curve and then having another model, presumably better, to come out next month. Any thoughts or facts I should know about? Thanks!
    01-22-09 05:37 PM
    Heavy rumors on the Niagara & Javelin coming by the end of May.

Niagara is the cdma Bold & Javelin is cdma Curve 2.

If you can wait a bit longer, do so. If not, the Curve is a great device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 05:53 PM
    Hey All! I'm new to Crackberry and am not currently an owner of a Blackberry. I got the Storm the day it came out and returned it 29 days later...probably no need to explain why. So, that was my first/only Blackberry and right now I'm using my Samsung phone.

Here's my question: Since VZW is discounting their Pearl (currently free) and the curve ($80) do you think they're coming out with some replacements any time soon? I like the curve and the reviews are awesome. I'm just really nervous about using my NE2 on the Curve and then having another model, presumably better, to come out next month. Any thoughts or facts I should know about? Thanks!
    Hi Larry:

I'm in the same boat. Used a Storm, didn't like the click/touch motif and scrapped it. The device I really want is the Bold but I'm not about to abandon VZW as they are hands down the best provider in my region. So... I bought a nearly new (about 6 months old) Curve on e-Bay. It's in great shape, works perfectly and is a joy to use. So now it doesn't matter to me exactly when the Bold comes to VZW as I don't have the new phone contract with VZW that I would have had with a brand new Curve.

I'm happy now, love the Curve, learing more of the BB way and when the Bold is (hopefully soon) out on VZW as a 9030 or whatever, I'll be the first in line down at my local VZW store!
    01-23-09 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD