We all know the Tour and Flip are coming to VZW. Are there any other Blackberry making there way to Verizon, like maybe the 8900? What is going to replace the 8330?
    06-19-09 01:59 PM
    Try search. This question has been asked and answered probably two dozen times in the past few weeks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 02:19 PM
    Thanks for the help
    06-19-09 03:28 PM
    Thanks for the help
    Pretty informative post huh . The thing dogs doesnt realize is that if we search this is one of the resulting threads.........
    06-19-09 11:47 PM
    Well the tour and the pearl flip are the only scheduled ones. Prob the storm 2 eventually towards the end of the year
    06-20-09 12:30 AM
    Pretty informative post huh . The thing dogs doesnt realize is that if we search this is one of the resulting threads.........
    LMAO! very true!
    06-20-09 12:35 AM
    Only since he posted it. If he had searched BEFORE posting, there would be no post here to see. Notice how many others jumped into the fray here. It is an everyday question in another thread.

06-20-09 01:23 AM
    Only since he posted it. If he had searched BEFORE posting, there would be no post here to see. Notice how many others jumped into the fray here. It is an everyday question in another thread.

I am very much aware of that but it doesnt make your post any more helpful. By the time you posted the thread was already created and therefore a search result of itself so why not answer the question or point to the answer instead of your initial response...
    06-20-09 01:41 AM

basically the idea is that if the thread has a answer in it its more likely to get someone the answer they need..

more threads on the same topic will give more results thus getting the answer easier if you simply post the answer.. if you do not wish to post the answer why bother posting..

anyway there should be a phone such as the gemini coming and the storm 2

I am not fully sure how soone the gemini will come but I can't imagine that rim wont be making a cdma version..
    06-20-09 04:22 AM
    Holy crap. Why do all the "experienced" forum users have 2 x 4's lodged in their asses? Yes, as newbies, we should ALWAYS search the forums before starting new threads. However, that doesn't give any of you a-holes license go out of your way to make somebody who is just looking for answers feel like a schmuck. Get over yourselves!

06-20-09 12:59 PM
    So telling someone to do a search makes someone feel like a schmuck? Come on people, don't be lazy, it's not that difficult. It's only trying to train the newbs that just about every question you have has already been discussed on these forums ad nauseum, so the answer already exists with supporting info. If you feel like a schmuck then it's self-incriminating.
    06-20-09 02:10 PM
    basically the idea is that if the thread has a answer in it its more likely to get someone the answer they need..

more threads on the same topic will give more results thus getting the answer easier if you simply post the answer.. if you do not wish to post the answer why bother posting..
    More answers in more places make searches MORE frustrating, LESS productive & guarantees the searcher will not get all of the answers. It doesn't help that on a forum like this, results are not sorted by relativity or accuracy.

Besides, what good does it do to ask the same question everyday? One will get the same answers, except that by the fifteenth time the question gets asked, those with any real knowledge have stopped responding. This means less accurate information gets relayed.

There are posts on this very subject with dozens of replys. Adding another simply clutters the forum, making it less attractive & more difficult to navigate.

Think of it this way. You walk into a library & ask for information on the Doppleganger Deluxe Patent. Librarian can respond in one of two ways:

1) The correct section is right there. The definitive work is by the patent holder and is 'The Making of Dopplegangers & Dingleberrys.' There are some other works on the same shelf that can give you supporting information.

2) You'll need to look around in the East Wing. I don't know exactly where. Why don't you ask some of the library patrons?

Which answer would you want from the librarian (in this case, the search feature)? Having 50 threads on the same subject makes the search feature/librarian give you response 2 above.

And for those who chastise people for resurrecting old threads, that is like someone going into a library to learn of the roots of Christianity. They open a Bible & the librarian tells you, "Don't read that - we have a book by Dan Brown that will tell you all you need to know."

The old stuff is often more accurate, while new stuff is just a farce.

06-20-09 02:57 PM
    Well put Twins, although our messages will stop be lost on some.
    06-20-09 03:04 PM
    So telling someone to do a search makes someone feel like a schmuck? Come on people, don't be lazy, it's not that difficult. .
    No, not necessarily. However, it's the condescending nature that is implied by the abrupt "Try search" that's not helpful in a forum. I've been on here for about two years now. I post rarely because I do find pretty much everything I need by simply searching the forums. There is literally an unlimited cache of information from experts available here.

However, at one time, I was also one of the newbies who barely knew how to turn the device on; so were you and so wa everyone else on this forum. We don't come out of the womb programming berries and trolling forums, do we? It would be helpful if every new member to CB received a message when they sign up like "got a question, try the 'Search Forums' link first..."

By the way, your comment of "don't be lazy, it's not that difficult..." is exactly the condescending nature that makes many of us think, "get over yourself, ****!" Now, this could be radically different from you actual personality. However, you have to understand that written messages can take on a tone of their own. If you don't want to sound like a ****, you have to be careful how you word your messages. Not a personal attack, I'm just saying...

Of course, there is always a possibility that I'm completely wrong too...
    06-20-09 03:20 PM
    Try search. This question has been asked and answered probably two dozen times in the past few weeks.

Terrific post! How dare anyone think this is a discussion group!

To the original poster.....

The only other Blackberry that is on the radar right now is a second generation Storm. The president of our company stated customers could expect this along with a variety of other devices from other manufacturers "within the next six months or so".
    06-20-09 11:14 PM
    We all know the Tour and Flip are coming to VZW. Are there any other Blackberry making there way to Verizon, like maybe the 8900? What is going to replace the 8330?
    A good place to look would be the 'blackberry news and rumours' section. Any future device that is cdma will probably come to verizon eventually.

06-20-09 11:51 PM
    A good place to look would be the 'blackberry news and rumours' section. Any future device that is cdma will probably come to verizon eventually.

Thank you LazyStarGazer. Clearly, you are an experienced user who "gets it". Thank you for supporting the newer users.
    06-21-09 10:26 PM
    Thank you LazyStarGazer. Clearly, you are an experienced user who "gets it". Thank you for supporting the newer users.
    Your welcome. I've always thought that at its best, this site is people helping each other, so I try to operate from that starting point.

Except when I make joke posts 'cause I feel like being a clown.

06-21-09 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD